PDA

View Full Version : Quitting :l

Slush
09-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Well yea, title says all. I wont b giving away my stuff just yet. if ao3 isnt out by 15 october, ill give away my stuff to people who have helped me out along the way. pl has so much potential, and im sad to go. the devs failed with their roadmap, and asommers posted about 2 week ago that there should be a new one up soon, but i dont see this happening. its just the same old thing. farm.sell.pvp.farm.etc im tired of these miniscule updates like redesigning weapons and maybe changing where a couple of monsters spawn.
Ill definetly check in every 2 days or so on the forums to see if theres anything new.
and one last thing. devs if ur reading this, post up that new roadmap already.
cya :cool:

KingFu
09-20-2010, 02:42 AM
Dang, K, c ya bro, coome back though :) Sad to see you go, take care, and we can chat whenever you want :)

Justg
09-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Can I have your stuff?

vulgarstrike
09-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Can I have your stuff?

har. har. har.

Snakespeare
09-20-2010, 07:42 AM
But, you just got here.

Vyvin
09-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Good bye!
See you soon,
I'll miss you!?!
Rofl
/Vyvin

Justg
09-20-2010, 08:09 AM
har. har. har.

Okay, perhaps that was a bit callous. We don't respond well to threats, especially when we work so hard on this game. It has been updated, on average, every other day since we launched. I challenge you to find ANY game, regardless of platform, with that record. We know you want more stuff. We are working our tails off on it. We have hired people to increase our bandwidth. So if you are frustrated, take a break. Come back later, the game is certain to have changed.

- g

Vyvin
09-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Rofl, Getz owned!
/Vyvin

iMaximus
09-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Why do I see this trend of people needing to start a new topic, telling the world they will not be playing PL anymore.
Please move on....it's getting a bit annoying (ugh.....another one)
Not a personal attack to the TS, but the "trend" in general.

Snakespeare
09-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Especially people who were here for like two weeks, power leveled, did a few quests with their power leveled character, then left saying bad stuff about the devs. It's because they cheated themselves out of all the good content, so there's no need to blame the devs for that. To my mind, this is just a case in point as evidence that power leveling should be discouraged.

Royce
09-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Why do I see this trend of people needing to start a new topic, telling the world they will not be playing PL anymore.

It's actually been happening for a long time, but they come in spurts, then stop for a while. The "Can I have your stuff?" line has actually been a running joke on the forums for months now ;)

Kalielle
09-20-2010, 10:27 AM
I've just been away from the game for less than two weeks (vacation), and when I came back there were pages and pages of updates. Been playing hours each day for the past two days and I'm still discovering things I didn't know about. I don't see how that counts as the game always being the same.

Anyway, sorry to see anyone go. Hope you'll be back for AO3 :)

Chickdigcookies
09-20-2010, 10:38 AM
who dat?

Bentmer
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I just think some people have too high of expectations for this game. Yeah it gets repetitive after a little way. And relatively speaking, there isn't much to do after you reach the level cap besides farm and PvP. But let's put this all in perspective here.

First, the game is for mobile platforms. We're talking phones, handheld devices, and tablets here. So it is more than understandable that it doesn't have the depth of PC oriented MMO's. When you compare it to other App store games, I don't know how many are out there that have as much re-playability and depth as this game.

Second, it's free to download and the map packs are ridiculously cheap to buy. Most console of PC games range around $50-$60 per game. You can buy 800 platinum for the same price. It will take you a long long time to use up all that platinum on upgrades and map packs. There is no monthly fee and you didn't even have to buy a boxed retail game. So again, for the price of admission, you are getting alot for your buck.

Third, this may just be my own opinion, but this game was not meant to spend your whole life playing it over and over again. I can understand burnout if you are playing it for too long. The game lends itself to being played for small portions at a time. It's easy to get into and doesn't have a steep learning curve. Most of the dungeons take a relatively short amount of time to clear. Besides chatting with your friends or trying to trade/sell items, there isn't much to do when you're idling. So if you're just sitting there idling away, maybe you should just go do something else and come back to this game later.

I'll admit after playing the game for a few weeks pretty heavily, that I've experienced a little lull in my playing time. But that is no complaint against this game. For the amount of money invested, I more than got my dollars worth out of it. And like a previous poster said, you can always come back and pop right back into the game and have some more fun.

Anyways, not to hijack your thread or anything buddy. Good luck with whatever you're doing next. :)

Raxie
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
have a nice life.

PvpLegend
09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
yeh ima quit too for a while if ao3 isnt verrryyyy soonish

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
devs wahts that mean?

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
sad i dont want u to leave

regie831
09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
why not just stop playing? and find something else to do for a while until a new map comes out like ao3...just say you've just quit the game, gave all your stuff to your friends and the very next day ao3 comes out, you might feel bad, surprised..or "damn i shouldn't have...."...im just saying not to have any regrets on quitting and giving away all your stuff.

flaimdude
09-20-2010, 11:12 PM
who dat?

Can I have your stuff?

I was going to be original, but these two posts said it all for me. :)

KingFu
09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
We are working our tails off on it.

You have tails? Cool! Devs have everything! ;)

JK G, but ya, I realize you guys work hard, and you do a great job, but I think the fact that we are so used to expansions coming out every month with completely new enemies, items, and everything else, that when it takes 2 months, we get kinda restless, I think we expect a LOT form you guys because that's what you guys used to do, was go insane and shoot us big updates once a week lol. This game has improved in multiple ways, and I think the more content they have, the longer it takes to release new content. I can't wait for AO3, and I can't wait for auction house either, but we have waited a while, and I know you know that. A lot of people are quitting, or taking a break, and I am thinking about it, but right now I don't have school so I have nothing to do since my bike got stolen and I live to far from places and friends houses, lol

Anyways, people are getting antsy, and IDK if a roadmap made it better, or worse, but keep up the good work, and I know once the updates are released, people will shut up, and get excited and thank you guys a mil;)

Flamin
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Okay, perhaps that was a bit callous. We don't respond well to threats, especially when we work so hard on this game. It has been updated, on average, every other day since we launched. I challenge you to find ANY game, regardless of platform, with that record. We know you want more stuff. We are working our tails off on it. We have hired people to increase our bandwidth. So if you are frustrated, take a break. Come back later, the game is certain to have changed.

- g

Hey guys the devs have tails, and when they work too hard they fall off... creepy... the devs must be half reptile.

Furrawn
09-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Slush-
Here's the thing, IMO:
For many of us who have been playing for a long time, content is incredibly important. We want a challenging amazing AO3. The swamps were nerfed upsetting many of us. AO3 is a higher level campaign and it's where we hope to find hard bosses, levels requiring strong teamwork, etc. I think many of us would rather wait and let the devs release AO3 when they believe it is ready. In the meantime, they have given us quests and things to do... Or we can take a break... Either way, I'd much rather wait for AO3 and have it be awesome...

Vyvin
09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
But I like nerving!
Leave me alone... :'(
Jks
I await thee ao3!
/Vyvin

Slush
09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Especially people who were here for like two weeks, power leveled, did a few quests with their power leveled character, then left saying bad stuff about the devs. It's because they cheated themselves out of all the good content, so there's no need to blame the devs for that. To my mind, this is just a case in point as evidence that power leveling should be discouraged.

hey, if you didnt notice my sig, Ive been playing since launch and had a forum account for a while, i just dont post much.

SlipperyJim
09-23-2010, 08:15 AM
So if you are frustrated, take a break. Come back later, the game is certain to have changed.
QFT. I took a break for a few months, and the game had some great changes while I was away. For example, quests are new to me. More importantly, the Devs managed to optimize the game code so that my old iPhone 3g can play the game well!

Take a break. Play another game for a while. Then come back to PL, and it'll be all shiny & new again....

Justg
09-23-2010, 08:35 AM
QFT. I took a break for a few months, and the game had some great changes while I was away. For example, quests are new to me. More importantly, the Devs managed to optimize the game code so that my old iPhone 3g can play the game well!

Take a break. Play another game for a while. Then come back to PL, and it'll be all shiny & new again....

Word! And welcome back, Slippery Jim. Missed the Stainless Steel Rat :)