PDA

View Full Version : Pets in pvp?

Bless
01-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Hello

Bye

Vystirch
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I think one off the reasons PvP is taking so long for them to balance is that they are working on the pet part. I personally would like to see pet PvP. There could be different types off PvP:

3 I thought of:
PvP (without pet)
PvP (with pet)
PvP (only pets) :p

The last one would be awesome :)

Bless
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I think one off the reasons PvP is taking so long for them to balance is that they are working on the pet part. I personally would like to see pet PvP. There could be different types off PvP:

3 I thought of:
PvP (without pet)
PvP (with pet)
PvP (only pets) :p

The last one would be awesome :) thats cool with me!

gundamsone
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
pvp only pets?

nty unless I can control my own pet

Bless
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
pvp only pets?

nty unless I can control my own pet thats too complex for sts.

Vystirch
01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
thats too complex for sts.

Ik, but still be fun and funny :p

wvhills
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
I honestly don't think pvp is coming out anytime in the near future. It doesn't seem to be a priority. They're already working on another new game. I think if they really wanted pvp in AL they would be working on it first before starting up another title.

In fact, I think if pvp was a priority it would have been developed before AL was released.

dmspker
01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
There's lots game with pvp including pets, don't need make it all difficult

Ladycandyheal
01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Pet battles ala' WoW's newest expansion, would be very awesome!!

Energizeric
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't see why pets shouldn't be included. Saying that some people have better pets and it would be an advantage? You could make the same complaint about gear...some folks got better gear so it's an advantage. No difference between the two in my opinion. I think it's one more thing that will make each character's build unique. We all have debates about which pet is better, so between having different skills, different passives, different gear, and different pets, PvP will actually be interesting rather than in PL where everyone uses the same exact build and gear for each class.

Cero
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
i understand that you just want a "fair" pvp gameplay.. but Letting everyone use any pets, isnt that fair already?
then the "skill" that your looking for a player will truly be seen. on how he/she uses pets:P

dtandel10
01-03-2013, 05:13 PM
dont really care if they have pets on pvp or not i never play pvp that much seems boring

sure ill try it every now and then but not my thing geting a whole set is fun for me hope they have sets

ProSophist
01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Hello I wanted a discussion about pets in pvp, we know our pets are great in pve but pvp will be different, some people may have an unfair advantage such as Flap Jacks stuns or ribbits crit arcane etc.

This is my opinion: Pets should NOT be allowed in pvp, why? Because they make a huge difference - some people may have a great pet such as malison, and some people still may have a rocky, it may create disadvantages. Lots of pets have stun abilities - so is this REALLY fair? I dont think so. Pvp really shouldnt be reliant on a pets ability, its about the players skill. The only attacks that should be allowed are single target normal pet attacks.

Even if sts do allow pets (which even I want), their arcane abilities and stuns/freezes shouldnt be allowed in pvp, this will make it a bit more fair because its not about the pet again, its about the players skill. I really hope devs think about factors involving pets.

Most of you will probabaly hate or flame me but its the truth - I DONT want AL pvp to turn like PL's. Pets are like the forgotten bows, a newbie can farm a pro.

Feedback?

~ Bless

Weapons make a huge difference as well. So by that logic, should we not allow weapons in PvP too?

Look, pets are part of your equipment. You farm/buy it like any other gear in the game, which means each player is given a chance of an even playing field. I do see your point regarding the arcane ability. However, nobody can say for certain that it would cause imbalance to PvP since we don't know how it would look like yet. I for one had different expectations from the PvP in SL, and it came out different than what I expected.

If anything, we might see some diminishing returns on impairing effects to prevent people from possibly stun-locking enemies as I can already see that happening with a Sorcerer with a Flap Jack or Colton.

Bless
01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
By the feedback I'm getting ~ stock up on your flapjacks guys!

I didn't compare gear. Since everyone can't afford a malison or the "good" pets, it may cause unfair advantages.

Even I want pets in Pvp but there are some 'OP' pets look below for some.

1. Flapjack, Horton, basically all pets with stun passive - once u get stunned by him ur finished.
2. Frosts arcane ability - wouldn't consider it overpowered but the 30% speed reduction on enemies help in ctf.
3. Dart - his 10% DMG reduction.

Imagine ur in one of the situations. I'm not crying if someone has better pets (heck I have 29 pets!), again I would want some OP pets - but first take a chill pill and then think about it sensibly.

If anything, we might see some diminishing returns on impairing effects to prevent people from possibly stun-locking enemies as I can already see that happening with a Sorcerer with a Flap Jack or Colton. yup would want that

GoodSyntax
01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Pets are really no different than the Crit vs. Dodge argument in PL.

Of course, there will be unfair advantages - but that's probably just the name of the game. At some point, the community will define some rules - like the popular Go! or FFA in PL. I can see games where the rule is no Ribbit or Flap Jack, or same pet, or same level, etc.

Unlike PL, I see the potential for more PvP variety here. Can't wait!

iAmPain
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Meh, i think pets arcane abilities should be allowed lol..

They're right, its like any other gears which you could obtain using plat or gold

Gears that could be used any time as you will in PvP but not seen as any unfairness in the actual battlefield.

Gears that everyone can obtain fairly if they wanted to buy it or simply had the luck.

Seriously, get strong or die trying. Right? :\

sonofmars
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't see why pets shouldn't be included. Saying that some people have better pets and it would be an advantage? You could make the same complaint about gear...some folks got better gear so it's an advantage. No difference between the two in my opinion. I think it's one more thing that will make each character's build unique. We all have debates about which pet is better, so between having different skills, different passives, different gear, and different pets, PvP will actually be interesting rather than in PL where everyone uses the same exact build and gear for each class.

Yeah, beating someone with a malison,loki or whatever expensive pet he/she has in pvp while you're using a plain old free pet would just be awesome. It is a big effect alright, but it's not everything. Im pretty sure if players want to be better and stronger in the game, they will strive hard to get the pets and gears they want. Or maybe just lurk the forums and post like 10 million replies and topics everyday. L O L

crestmage
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
I kinda agree with Miracle. Pets would be interesting but with the huge ability differences between pets in AL, pvp would be quite a mess. Not to mention to use the same op pet( ex: Malison, Flap Jack) continuously would require lots of gold to maintain (feed).

ArcanePlayz
01-04-2013, 01:38 AM
PvP stands for Player vs Player. Not PPvPP ( Player and Pet vs Player and Pet)

Ladycandyheal
01-04-2013, 02:06 AM
If WoW can have Pet battles that people genuinely enjoy, I don't see why pets in AL can't be included in some way. It would add a new dimension and STS wants us to keep buying pets.

They could make PVP pets so no pets are OP and make it fair. Just an idea

KingFu
01-04-2013, 03:34 AM
If WoW can have Pet battles that people genuinely enjoy, I don't see why pets in AL can't be included in some way. It would add a new dimension and STS wants us to keep buying pets.

They could make PVP pets so no pets are OP and make it fair. Just an idea

So if Blizzard can implement something into WoW, STS should be able to do the same with their games? Interesting...

Ladycandyheal
01-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Yes, actually. STS would be breaking away from the same type of pattern in mobile MMO's and adding a PC type of dimension.

I doubt that would happen honestly but it would make a fantastic expansion

Vystirch
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
What about this? Pets in PvP have a fixed life. So that they may be killed by your foe.
They would have a 2 min. Respawn timer when they died.

Raxin
01-04-2013, 02:13 PM
No pets for all the reasons bird said.

Dont make me squash your cute little buddy

Wizard_Mike
01-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Pets should be allowed in PvP, but their passive auto attack ability should be disabled. Their happiness bonuses and arcane abilities are just as much a part of a character's build as his stat/skill point distribution and gear choices.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating something that's already been mentioned.

Jed
01-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Pets would add more strategy and make things more interesting.

Bless
01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
If you played PL when the Forgotten bows came out, everyone complained because of how Overpowered they were compared to the normal twinking weapons, it meant that they required almost zero skill to handle. Newbies had the advantage over the pros (oldies used WF items) with the F bows.

In a similar way, OP pets will not add the challenging element to pvp. Take for example, a real pro with the best items and skill gets stunned by my Flapjack, I could simply spam skills or aimed shot for the kill - even though I have less skill and lower dps gear.

But then again we dont know anything about pvp so we cant judge, just wanted to point that out to the devs.

Wizard_Mike
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Take for example, a real pro with the best items and skill gets stunned by my Flapjack, I could simply spam skills or aimed shot for the kill - even though I have less skill and lower dps gear.

Here's another example to consider. A real pro with the best items and skills gets stunned by my charged basic attack. The I could stun him with axe throw. Then stun him again with sky smash. Then disorient him with chest splitter. All the while spamming normal attacks in between.

No pet needed. If stuns are the main concern with pets, then shouldn't we be discussing stuns in general? All thee classes have stuns. Granted, they are not guaranteed stuns. But if one stun is all it takes for a lesser player to take down a pro player, as in your example, then having multiple stuns means it's pretty likely the player will land one and be able to pull of this "pro-killer" spam.

The only concern I see with pets is the ones that have a chance for stun built into their passive auto attack. Especially those who can stun multiple targets with a single attack. The easy solution is to simply disable the auto attack passive of pets in PvP. Because being able to deal damage and stun enemies while just standing there not doing anything is just plain crazy.

Bless
01-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Take for example, a real pro with the best items and skill gets stunned by my Flapjack, I could simply spam skills or aimed shot for the kill - even though I have less skill and lower dps gear.

Here's another example to consider. A real pro with the best items and skills gets stunned by my charged basic attack. The I could stun him with axe throw. Then stun him again with sky smash. Then disorient him with chest splitter. All the while spamming normal attacks in between.

No pet needed. If stuns are the main concern with pets, then shouldn't we be discussing stuns in general? All thee classes have stuns. Granted, they are not guaranteed stuns. But if one stun is all it takes for a lesser player to take down a pro player, as in your example, then having multiple stuns means it's pretty likely the player will land one and be able to pull of this "pro-killer" spam.

The only concern I see with pets is the ones that have a chance for stun built into their passive auto attack. Especially those who can stun multiple targets with a single attack. The easy solution is to simply disable the auto attack passive of pets in PvP. Because being able to deal damage and stun enemies while just standing there not doing anything is just plain crazy. atleast the basic attack stuns are for EVERYBODY. Not everyone has an op pet, hence the paragraph about the FB

Wizard_Mike
01-04-2013, 10:44 PM
atleast the basic attack stuns are for EVERYBODY. Not everyone has an op pet, hence the paragraph about the FB
If a pet becomes OP and the only choice to use for those who can get it, then that's a balance issue and that pet needs to be tuned. Taking an integral part of the game (pets) completely out of PvP just because one pet is OP is not a reasonable solution. Just adjust the on pet that is out of balance.

Vystirch
01-05-2013, 12:08 AM
If a pet becomes OP and the only choice to use for those who can get it, then that's a balance issue and that pet needs to be tuned. Taking an integral part of the game (pets) completely out of PvP just because one pet is OP is not a reasonable solution. Just adjust the on pet that is out of balance.

Simply make a pet included PvP and a soloing without pet PvP.

Wizard_Mike
01-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Simply make a pet included PvP and a soloing without pet PvP.

That doesn't fix the one OP pet problem, though. The pet would still need to be tuned for the with-pet PvP games.

Sharaobic
01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
I honestly don't think pvp is coming out anytime in the near future. It doesn't seem to be a priority. They're already working on another new game. I think if they really wanted pvp in AL they would be working on it first before starting up another title.

In fact, I think if pvp was a priority it would have been developed before AL was released.
Yes,they are working on "STUDLY LEGENDS" LMao

Sts, Why U NO CONCENTRATE on 1 game only.

Johnaditya
01-05-2013, 09:47 AM
yeah u r right i support u.

Vystirch
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
That doesn't fix the one OP pet problem, though. The pet would still need to be tuned for the with-pet PvP games.

Yes it just gives a chance for players without OP pets to win.

Deadbite
01-05-2013, 11:56 AM
If I can't use my 90 plat pet in pvp I'm gonna be mad as hell.

Wizard_Mike
01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes it just gives a chance for players without OP pets to win.

"Flapjack users PvP over here, everyone else PvPs over there." That's not a solution, it's a crappy workaround.

If the entire pet system ruins PvP, then remove pets from PvP. If only one aspect of the pet system ruins pvp, then remove that one aspect from pvp. If only one pet ruins PvP, then that one pet needs to be tuned and adjusted.

Like Miracle's example of the Forgotten Bows: One weapon type ruined PvP. Is removing all weapons from PvP the solution? No. Do you make a special PvP area for just those with that one weapon type? No. You either block that one single weapon type from being used in PvP, or you fix the weapon so it isn't ruining PvP anymore.

birdmasta
02-14-2013, 11:46 PM
with even the noobiest gear my sorc owns. but pets are a whole diff story. way more expensive than gear. i used to use l15 gear on my 16 sorc and still able to beat many pro rogues and kill pvp mobs with ease. (i used gear from 1-10k for most gear pieces. watch rifle l15 7k, armor 2k, helm 1k, ring and amulet 60k ty zenlims lol)

Crabmeat
02-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Pets would add more strategy and make things more interesting.
this

birdmasta
02-15-2013, 12:12 AM
how???? rogues can just keep running from sorc while pet does dmg and then finally unleash rogue nuke when shield down... wheres the skill???

this

Crabmeat
02-15-2013, 12:29 AM
how???? rogues can just keep running from sorc while pet does dmg and then finally unleash rogue nuke when shield down... wheres the skill???
Good news for us rogue, so sorc should learn when to cast shield and learn importance of "dodge" (instead of dmg, get a dodge/speed/str pet). Before, us rogue run and scream like a little girl when sorc cast a shield and chases us with fireball+lightning combo.

I love it when strategy involved in PVP. as for rant of OPed Pets, i earned my malison from over 30 rook nest runs.

birdmasta
02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
so i still dont see the strategy... u just want the pets because now rogues are stronger??? stronger classes=less skill

Good news for us rogue, so sorc should learn when to cast shield and learn importance of "dodge" (instead of dmg, get a dodge/speed/str pet). Before, us rogue run and scream like a little girl when sorc cast a shield and chases us with fireball+lightning combo.

I love it when strategy involved in PVP. as for rant of OPed Pets, i earned my malison from over 30 rook nest runs.

Crabmeat
02-15-2013, 12:55 AM
so i still dont see the strategy... u just want the pets because now rogues are stronger??? stronger classes=less skill
Rogue has a serious mana issue. Unless we're going for 1 kill 1 death ratio.

birdmasta
02-15-2013, 01:35 AM
no they dont... u jsut dont know how to conserve. bro gundamsone (l16 has like 700 l21 like 1.4k mp and high health... too little???) has over 700+ mana on both his rogues even with pure dex... little mana??? thats half my sorc. (less by like 300 but almost)

Rogue has a serious mana issue. Unless we're going for 1 kill 1 death ratio.

Bless
02-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Whats the point of discussing this now? My thoughts have changed.

Necro big time

Crabmeat
02-15-2013, 02:09 AM
no they dont... u jsut dont know how to conserve. bro gundamsone (l16 has like 700 l21 like 1.4k mp and high health... too little???) has over 700+ mana on both his rogues even with pure dex... little mana??? thats half my sorc. (less by like 300 but almost)

My rogue lv21, 150 dmg (bow), 2.1k HP (dex+str), 600 MP, 14% crit, with malison. Charged aim shot, nox, charged normal, malison dodge (instead of smoke bomb) and you said i don;t know how to conserve? Are you a twink? I've met an end game mage with 2Kish health + 150 dmg? To make it worst, mages have shield on while their pet chasing us.

Crabmeat
02-15-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm done here. Nothing wrong with PVP with pets, i'm just bored and waiting for the pirates.

Limsi
02-15-2013, 10:11 AM
My rogue lv21, 150 dmg (bow), 2.1k HP (dex+str), 600 MP, 14% crit, with malison. Charged aim shot, nox, charged normal, malison dodge (instead of smoke bomb) and you said i don;t know how to conserve? Are you a twink? I've met an end game mage with 2Kish health + 150 dmg? To make it worst, mages have shield on while their pet chasing us.

He's a twink, lol.

Raxin
02-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Pets in pvp, all is lost

birdmasta
02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
ya im a twink and soon to be endgame when kraken isles out.
my sorc has a good 2.4k mana so triple 700. Gundamsone still owns with such high mana. also, rogues have the least skill in game imo. its rele just aim shot, nox, pierce, auto (plus a heal??) and now they get pets and can run around in circles???? WHERE THE HELL IS THE SKILL??

Bless
02-15-2013, 07:44 PM
ya im a twink and soon to be endgame when kraken isles out.
my sorc has a good 2.4k mana so triple 700. Gundamsone still owns with such high mana. also, rogues have the least skill in game imo. its rele just aim shot, nox, pierce, auto (plus a heal??) and now they get pets and can run around in circles???? WHERE THE HELL IS THE SKILL??

My rogue lv21, 150 dmg (bow), 2.1k HP (dex+str), 600 MP, 14% crit, with malison. Charged aim shot, nox, charged normal, malison dodge (instead of smoke bomb) and you said i don;t know how to conserve? Are you a twink? I've met an end game mage with 2Kish health + 150 dmg? To make it worst, mages have shield on while their pet chasing us. So...what youre saying is...warriors have no skill, they just spam windmill, heal etc...and rogues have no skill, they just spam aimed, nox, heal...

So which class has the skill? Mage? Nah. Yall have that shield, fireball, lightning and frost which is also spammed. WHERE THE HELL IS THE SKILL..??

:P thank me later