PDA

View Full Version : How do i own in Pvp? - Archer

BurninFinger
09-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Even Though i am new to the game/forum i am loving it so far and since i got my Archer to to 45 i am really enjoying pvp. i have read around abit and found a few recommended gears for archers so i am kinda set there except for the talon i am missing. Anywayz I HATE HATE HATE TO LOSE!!! Before i was owning left and right in pvp but now i cant even get off more than two shot without dieing.
(These are better players as you can tell )

I sank all my points in dexterity

Helm: Scorpion Helm Of Isis
Weapon: Desert Eagle talon Of Horus* using until i can find better (isis,or thoth)
Armor: Scorpion Leather Of Isis
Shield: Menes Wings Of Isis

My Tactics are: Evasion (buff), Focus (buff), Break Armor, Blinding shot, Repulse, Restore Health, Blast Shot, Meditation (mana recovery)... Then use up whatever skill is available, rinse and repeat. I like to run around alot (which most people hate!!) but it give my skills time to recharge or i just wait for repulse to stall a bit. Seeing as how i am not going to fully pvp how many skills should i have, and how many points to put in each skill to be effective more in pvp but also pve?

I also know pvp is about skills but in the mean time is there anything else i need to know to stand a better chance of owning you?

bladesword
09-20-2010, 03:51 AM
I saw you in pvp not using buffs, maybe use them?

Raxie
09-20-2010, 04:16 AM
have at least one thoth. you'll need one unless you can find a thoth talon. i'm selling a thoth wing or thoth leather or thoth helm if you are interested.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-20-2010, 04:24 AM
i dont knwo what to say bro.. :) im alright playing PVP but i prefer to play with friends as long as you play with friend on PVP or a dungeon it should be fun.. do you have any clans?

InGameSupport/
Wbto

BurninFinger
09-23-2010, 03:51 AM
respec and add alot more points in buff, and im staying alive alot longer..but every now an then i still eat it.. any other tips?

KingFu
09-23-2010, 03:56 AM
All dex, is you're using a talon, use your talon, 2 Isis, 1 Thoth, max out break armor, blinding, and blast, and the 2 buffs (evasion, and focus) the rest is really up to you and depends on the build you want and that works best for you, go all dex too btw. :)

BurninFinger
09-23-2010, 06:52 AM
LOL wow i feel like im in school, (researching and applying) everywhere i go everyone is saying dump all mi point in dex but for my play style in pvp by time i try to spam my attack all my mana is gone, then i have to watch helpless as my buffs wears off and i get ripped a new one. i think i will try 145 in dex and the rest in int. and see if that will work for me. it might take away my dps, and hit% but it might just work.

KingFu
09-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Trust me, it won't, you need to use 1 Thoth and take advantage of the skill meditation and manage your nuke carefully, int won't do much.

Raxie
09-23-2010, 04:30 PM
all dex is definitely the way to go. archers aren't meant to last long; they are meant to usually one hit ko; you need to work on your combos.

Nightarcher
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Get at least one Thoth item. Archers depend on skills to Ko.

--

At high levels for pvp, archers should have these skills:

Buffs are vital to your survival!
-Focus lv5
-Concentration lv5

Debuffs are extremely useful for weakening opponents!
-Break Armor lv5 (lowers armor)
-Thorn Root lv5 (lowers dodge and also root to the ground)
-Shattering scream (reduces armor and damage) Combo skill!

Shot skills deal high damage fast!
-Blast Shot lv5 Combo skill!
-Blinding Shot (high damage and damage debuff as well)
-Repulse Shot (high damage and knockback)

Regen skills are very useful! Put a few points into these.
-Meditation lv2
-Restore lv2

--

That will use all your skill points at level 45. AO3 is coming soon though! So more points to come. Utilize your combo! Shattering and Blast shot (in that order) create the "Cruel Blast" combo which does a lot of damage. Note that they are both AOE (area of effect) skills, so you can damage and possibly kill multiple opponents close together.

Happy Pvping!