PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for advanced players

Videa
01-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Title calls for advanced players although some questions may sound stupid. Before anyone starts flaming, No I did not use the "search" feature so a few questions might have already been covered. It would just be nice to have a friendly reminder :)

1) Shadow Veil : Can the dmg bonus from the smoke stack if 2 rogues drop it down?

2) Noxious Bolt : I'm using, like most of the end game rogues, the following skills (Shadow Veil, Razor Shield, Noxious Bolt, Aimed Shot, and Agility)

Now my question is, where do you place Noxious Bolt within your rotation? So far from what I've heard/read we have to maintain Aimed Shot steady to stack up the crit bonus. However I found myself spamming regular attacks while AS was on cooldown. So let's say for Jaarl, I would spam Aimed Shot and tap regular attacks in between while AS recharges, and I would try to maintain Smoke bomb always up.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't see any use to Noxious Bolt and I would rather throw some points into passive for some bonus damage. (Don't need the crit because of AS buff)

3) I knew I should have write them down because I forgot all my other questions :(

P.S. If any of you guys know the formulas from the devs to calculate our stats could you please post them in this thread. Make it as official as possible (no personal theories) I'd like to have the official formulas from the devs if possible. Because I would like to start building up an Excel Spreadsheet with a gear database kind of like the ones elitistjerks were making for World of Warcraft. The reason why is because an Excel Spreadsheet would be very easily modifiable and everyone would be able to run their own simulations rather than having to wait on some website to update their calculator.

Thanks,

-Videa

xena
01-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Actually i've found nox bolt to be quite good for bosses. While AS is on cooldown, fire a charged nox bolt. If you have it upgraded (especially the 10% additional damage per second), bosses can be taken down in no time. Just follow the above pattern until you run out of mana and then spam regular attacks. Works on most regular (i haven't done elite yet so i won't comment on that) bosses.

As for your second point, i too would like the official formulas. And i'd also like more detailed description of the skills because some are really vague (preferably as precisely detailed like in the DOTA forums :P)

Abuse
01-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Title calls for advanced players although some questions may sound stupid. Before anyone starts flaming, No I did not use the "search" feature so a few questions might have already been covered. It would just be nice to have a friendly reminder :)

1) Shadow Veil : Can the dmg bonus from the smoke stack if 2 rogues drop it down?

2) Noxious Bolt : I'm using, like most of the end game rogues, the following skills (Shadow Veil, Razor Shield, Noxious Bolt, Aimed Shot, and Agility)

Now my question is, where do you place Noxious Bolt within your rotation? So far from what I've heard/read we have to maintain Aimed Shot steady to stack up the crit bonus. However I found myself spamming regular attacks while AS was on cooldown. So let's say for Jaarl, I would spam Aimed Shot and tap regular attacks in between while AS recharges, and I would try to maintain Smoke bomb always up.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't see any use to Noxious Bolt and I would rather throw some points into passive for some bonus damage. (Don't need the crit because of AS buff)

#1 Interesting Question, don't know if you can have the same buff (or debuff) stacking from two players (Like the Aim Shot Crit Stacking from One Player which stacks).

I use Noxious Bolt in Boss Fights, you can use it between two Aimed Shots every 5-10 Seconds for DOT and -10 % Armor instead of a normal Attack. It don't need to be charged, but you can, the main reason to use it is the debuff and DOT.

Gaticus
01-26-2013, 05:33 PM
#1) In my experience shadow veil does not stack, nor would I expect it to. With 20% armor and 10% dmg buffs, 4 rogues could have an 80% armor bonus and 40% dmg bonus. That would be OP.

#2) I prefer Shadow piercer over noxious bolt. With the heal buff and the added targets buff, shadow piercer works as a great healing skill, can be used as a sort of AOE, and it can dash you out of tight spots when things get too close for comfort. The heal buff gives a 75% chance to regain 10% of your health for each hit, so with 3 hits per charge, you can spam the skill a few times and regain almost all of your hp.
If you want to gear for PvP, then use noxious bolt. Shadow piercer wont help you much there except to catch up to opponents running away from you. Shadow piercer can also utilize your crit buffs (3 hits = 3 chances to crit). Noxious bolt DOT does not crit.