PDA

View Full Version : Can a Hybrid Build Solo and Farm?

Ladycandyheal
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm coming from PL after getting AL when it was brand new on Android. When it was released on iOS, I returned briefly on my iPad but got distracted by the new classes on PL, so I'm returning BACK again to AL

My Warrior is level 16, can a hybrid build actually Solo or even farm elite maps or at least tough normal places? I'm not interested in a pure tank build but one that has good armor, moderate health and a bit higher damage/DPS so I am not reliant on a rogue or Mage all the time.

Is this build even viable? I've seen lots of the tank builds, I think (can't think of his name but starts with E), build was perhaps close to a hybrid that can dish out moderate damage but can still tank in some situations if need be.

If a warrior cannot solo, should I go with a Rogue with some STR & mostly DEX or all DEX and some STR gear to have some health but enough so she can solo without being too dependent on a tank? I know this is a team game and I like being with others but I'm talking about those times when there is one other person lower level or I'm farming and no one is even around. I will be buying XP elixirs to level up the character to get closer to 21 or at least 20 soon then go for cap.

Help! Plan to buy at least $70 worth of plat, so don't want to waste it on a class that won't meet my needs.

In the meantime, i will search more threads. Thank you!

Bless
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Warrior sucks for soloing. Too slow, too low dmg - even if u add dex.

Maybe a full dex build with some dex and hp/str gear?

Raxin
01-04-2013, 09:21 PM
You should make a rogue.

Ladycandyheal
01-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Beginning to realize that lol. Anyone else with experience with both?

Reggin
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
I've got both... only class for elite solo play is rogue... which is fail by sts for making solo elite possible. It's dumb that a team can't compete for time against a solo.

Enisceloz
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm coming from PL after getting AL when it was brand new on Android. When it was released on iOS, I returned briefly on my iPad but got distracted by the new classes on PL, so I'm returning BACK again to AL

My Warrior is level 16, can a hybrid build actually Solo or even farm elite maps or at least tough normal places? I'm not interested in a pure tank build but one that has good armor, moderate health and a bit higher damage/DPS so I am not reliant on a rogue or Mage all the time.

Is this build even viable? I've seen lots of the tank builds, I think (can't think of his name but starts with E), build was perhaps close to a hybrid that can dish out moderate damage but can still tank in some situations if need be.

If a warrior cannot solo, should I go with a Rogue with some STR & mostly DEX or all DEX and some STR gear to have some health but enough so she can solo without being too dependent on a tank? I know this is a team game and I like being with others but I'm talking about those times when there is one other person lower level or I'm farming and no one is even around. I will be buying XP elixirs to level up the character to get closer to 21 or at least 20 soon then go for cap.

Help! Plan to buy at least $70 worth of plat, so don't want to waste it on a class that won't meet my needs.

In the meantime, i will search more threads. Thank you!

The build you are looking for is mines lol refer to this link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78475-Warrior-Tanking-123-with-explanations&p=903239&viewfull=1#post903239

Like Miraclebird said soloing does kinda suck because of our lack of ability to deal damage but it is totally possible to solo without any problem other than speed/time. However all you need is one more person on your party preferably a Sorcerer or a Rogue and maps like Watchers 4 and Kraag Tombs can be a breeze (with 2 Warriors it isn't that bad either!). You can also go into Elites and be very successful pending you have a decent team with you. Hope this helps, and I'll be glad to lend a hand if you need any further assistance.

Aintgerman
01-05-2013, 12:51 AM
I've got both... only class for elite solo play is rogue... which is fail by sts for making solo elite possible. It's dumb that a team can't compete for time against a solo.

with my sorc i soloed jarl sometimes, i used 5-10 health pot, but i can solo :D

Kenoon
01-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Posted this somewhere during Mid dec..
For passives, just go for 5 points to Might & skip the stun effect for Skyward smash since all is about damage.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79139-Barbaartje-s-Warrior-Build-unfinished-*under-construction*&p=894110&viewfull=1#post894110

da_shift
01-07-2013, 05:58 AM

man you are bad. Mage solo is very good too. Look Lesmiserables has the first place on 3 or 4 elite dungeons. Solo First place on fastest dungeons. Don't say things without thinking :). As for warrior solo, maybe in the next patch, warriors will get a little buffed up. Or maybe not. But , for now , it is not worth soloing with a warrior

Royce
01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
man you are bad. Mage solo is very good too. Look Lesmiserables has the first place on 3 or 4 elite dungeons. Solo First place on fastest dungeons.

He plays a rogue though doesn't he? :confused:

Reggin
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Learn to read... I said that it's dumb that it's POSSIBLE, not impossible. I know lesmiserables has solo elite LB spots, and that's the fall. Due to scaling of mobs, it isn't possible for a group to compete with a single maxed rogue.

Yes, mages can solo elites... and so can warriors... it's just inefficient when it comes to time and pots needed... and you'll never compete with a rogue at the task.

Elite areas shouldn't scale... regular areas yes, but elite areas should require a properly geared and designed full party.

man you are bad. Mage solo is very good too. Look Lesmiserables has the first place on 3 or 4 elite dungeons. Solo First place on fastest dungeons. Don't say things without thinking :). As for warrior solo, maybe in the next patch, warriors will get a little buffed up. Or maybe not. But , for now , it is not worth soloing with a warrior

Enisceloz
01-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Regg see why sometime I'm SMH at some of the posts here lol. No matter how you word it or how clear you are. People just read and interpret it the way they want to lol.

Reggin
01-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Eni... doesn't surprise me at all... people don't use their brains on the internet...

kar
01-08-2013, 05:17 AM
I can solo elite tower in 10min without pot.