PDA

View Full Version : Rogues can Solo and Farm with All DEX OR some STR gear??

Ladycandyheal
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Hello! I asked in the Warrior class section if they could solo with a modified Hybrid build but also asked about Rogues soloing. I think asking it here is the only place to ask it, so can a Rogue solo tough maps or even Elite PLUS Farm for pinks/Eggs? Of so, do you achieve it by a mostly DEX build with some STR or all DEX with some STR gear or rings?

I have a level 10 Rogue which I plan to buy the winter fury pack when she's at level 16 or maybe wait until she is 20? I will buy her good gear though in the meantime, if the rogue can solo at times when the groups are very small, no one is even in the area or much lower level people.

Is this possible??? I plan to buy $70 or more in plat, so I don't want to waste it on a class that won't meet my needs. Thanks!

Bless
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Rogue soloing elite map is not a good idea but if u have good gear, then u can solo normal maps easily with full dex

lordJastafarr
01-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Apparently rogue is the best for solo elites lol wat ive been seeying

Bless
01-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Apparently rogue is the best for solo elites lol wat ive been seeying With good gear it is but a l20 rogue is not agood idea, didnt make that clear lol sorry.

Ladycandyheal
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I would wait until my rogue was level 21 to try to farm elite of course but looks like normal maps will be fine for level 20.

Thanks! I will scour the threads for correct gear. Thank you again

Aeoros
01-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Top tier gear with pots, no problem. Efficient? Maybe, maybe not. I usually leave soloing for giggles.

lordJastafarr
01-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Meh im doing just fine in my 20 gears for elite runs im literally the last one always standing in my partys. I soloed elite jarl a few times

quaziest
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Apparently rogue is the best for solo elites lol wat ive been seeying

POTS POWAH!!!! Yeah you can solo anything its just a matter how much you power press that pots of yours.

Asahetek
01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
It depends on many factors, build, skill set, gear, the ammount of potions you have and the you are using. Ive soloed a number of elite maps.

nyamo
01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Soloing elite maps isn't hard. I just burn through a bunch of health pots to survive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Asahetek
01-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah it takes alot of potions, so far ive soloed forrest, aqueducts, yra outskirts, yrda forest, castle, and tower

GoodSyntax
01-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Soloing with a rogue is possible in elite maps at level 20. If you try to do it with minimal pots, the run is very, very slow, because you have to pick off smaller groups and if a large mob is aggroed, you have to run until some of them reset. Now, if you want to just launch in like Rambo, and you don't care about deaths, then the run is a bit faster, or if you have hundreds of HP and Mana pots to burn.

Personally, the only elite map I attempt is Elite Jarl. I rush to the boss, kill him, then leave - I've burned way too many pots to get to Thunk only to have the archers continually spawning.

Rogues are lots of fun, but you've got to have top end gear to solo effectively. You should also have a Watch Bow AND a top end dagger (ALP or HeartSeeker) and switch between them for bosses and mobs respectively.

If you need help, you can find me: IGN - Kalizza

Norbert
01-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I guess it's probably too late, but on the other part of the question, I'd buy the Winter Fury Pack at level 10. It's pretty handy to get the extra inventory slots and so on and the gear is pretty good for that level and will help through a number of levels. Once you're at 16 and beyond, you'd likely be wanting the higher power gear from drops.

Ladycandyheal
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Thanks for all your replies, they have been very helpful! :D

Cashews
01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Adding strength to a rogue build is detrimental and causes a net loss in overall stats. This is because dex/int also contribute to strength in addition to their respective stats while strength contributes only to itself.

Kynttis
01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
With the best available lvl 21 gear, yes.
Does it consume lots of pots? (oh so poetic!) - yes.
Do u gain gold or lose it? - mostly lose with recent drop rate
Is there any sense at all? - nope

ign Kynttyra

Asahetek
01-24-2013, 06:13 AM
The gear im using is the agile ranger cloak of will, agile leather of security, buble of brutaility, spellbound of potency, and agile liefthief of force 20-21. My build was 20-100-20 with 1 dex and crit passive. My skill set maxed aimed shot and shadow storm assault with 3-4 in both shadow veil and razzor sheild.

Use alot of potions and gain gold if i get lucky.