PDA

View Full Version : confuuuuussssiinnggggf

dmspker
01-05-2013, 03:21 AM
How does damage works? I don't understand it now , because i do sometimes 300-870 while spamming normal attack , and criting 800 by aim shot -,- , does additional bonus damage % also adds to normal attack or not , and does critical % adds to bonus damage , like 250%+18%? Or 250*18%

CosmoxKramer
01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Damage is the average damage your basic attack will do. If it says 100 it could be 80-120

DPS = damage* your weapon's hidden 'attacks per second'(a/s). See this post:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?80770-Hidden-Weapon-Attack-speed

Bonus Dam% is factored into your Damage. So if you look at your weapon and you see it does 90 DPS with 1.8a/s then the average damage is 50 (range may be 40-60 for example). So your weapon plus other item damage bonuses * BonusDam% = Damage (approximately).

Crit% is the chance you will get a critical hit on a successful roll to hit a mob.

Then a Crit is a certain % damage increase of your normal damage. It seems to me through testing that a Crit with you AA (or basic attack) is closer to 150%, but skills are 200%. I need STS to confirm what Crit Damage an AA is at. Some skills then will boost Crit damage % from 200 to 225 or 250%. What this means on a Crit you will do Damage * CritDam%. Or to average out your DPS you can take DPS*(1+(crit%*CritDam%)) to give you a truer look at what your potential DPS is for your AA.

Skills then are calculated using a certain ratio that varies for most skills. For example at lvl 20-21 a sorcerer fireball average damage will be Damage * 1.34~ = avg(min-max) fireball. Lightning strike, frostbolt, and time shift have a 1.8 ratio and improved LS(15% upgrade) is 2.07. Your life giver ability is 3.6 ratio

Your Aim shot can get huge because of the stacking damage of Noxious bolt and the stacking damage of your aimed shot upgrade Accuracy

Hope that answers your questions