PDA

View Full Version : I dont even know if its possible....

Bless
01-05-2013, 07:39 AM
New lvl cap every 6 weeks? It would be very hard to maintain such a goal. I mean if sts rushes the content, then its not fun for any of us. Even this cap needs some polishing. Pl caps take atleast 2 months to develop and if AL is the better looking game, then we should expect it to take longer, maybe a cap every 8-10 weeks?

Thoughts?

Rot
01-05-2013, 07:45 AM
A new cap every 6 weeks is crazy.

Wizard_Mike
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Every 6 weeks does seem a bit fast. I'm ok with them taking longer, to be honest. I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy.

I think this last update was forced out the door because they wanted to get it to us before the Christmas break. Future updates will not likely have such a hard deadline, so will probably have more polish to them.

Royce
01-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Pl caps take atleast 2 months to develop and if AL is the better looking game, then we should expect it to take longer, maybe a cap every 8-10 weeks?

PL caps went up pretty much monthly through AO2. I think they're doing something similar here. Get the cap to a reasonable level, get PvP out, then slow down and flesh things out.

Bless
01-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Pl caps take atleast 2 months to develop and if AL is the better looking game, then we should expect it to take longer, maybe a cap every 8-10 weeks?

PL caps went up pretty much monthly through AO2. I think they're doing something similar here. Get the cap to a reasonable level, get PvP out, then slow down and flesh things out. we saw that AO2 wasnt polished.

Royce
01-05-2013, 08:27 AM
we saw that AO2 wasnt polished.

In what way? It was certainly better than AO1. I really don't understand your point. They released all those campaigns with much less content than later PL campaigns included (no towns even) just to get the cap higher, then fleshed out low levels with additional content, gear, quests, etc. AL is already a far more complete experience than low level PL was. And even if you want to argue AO1 was unpolished, the fact remains, the swamps, before they ruined them, was the best campaign STS has ever done, and that was released about a month after the pervious cap.

Bad
01-05-2013, 10:59 AM
In what way? It was certainly better than AO1. I really don't understand your point. They released all those campaigns with much less content than later PL campaigns included (no towns even) just to get the cap higher, then fleshed out low levels with additional content, gear, quests, etc. AL is already a far more complete experience than low level PL was. And even if you want to argue AO1 was unpolished, the fact remains, the swamps, before they ruined them, was the best campaign STS has ever done, and that was released about a month after the pervious cap.

^ It's true ^

Drizzid
01-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Pretty sure this has already been answered.

Caps until 31 have already been developed and they are rolling them out on schedule. After that it will more than likely be a few months between level caps. So This would make any and all suggestions irrelevant until at least the end of February.

The alien oasis campaign in its entirety is the best content STS has ever put out, I hope the new cap lives up to that and isn't a 15 minute expansion like dead city.

Royce
01-05-2013, 12:11 PM
The alien oasis campaign in its entirety is the best content STS has ever put out, I hope the new cap lives up to that and isn't a 15 minute expansion like dead city.

AO1 was pretty weak, terribly balanced gear (litterally zero Int mages at the 40 cap), somewhat boring maps, but it was okay. AO2&3 were pretty awesome though.