PDA

View Full Version : Does deaths have any effect?

Sharaobic
01-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Hey,my character has 200 deaths which I am so ashamed of,I heard low deaths can get you in leaderboards.So I was thinking of making a low death character

Limsi
01-06-2013, 01:58 AM
As of now, the number of deaths a character has have no form of relevance or connection to the leaderboards. Only players with the most PVE kills, fasted hauntlet and dungeon runs are recorded. The death count as of now is nothing but just a number and indication of how many times you died, nothing more.

Smart
01-06-2013, 02:17 AM
I shall make this quick......No

Lesmiserables
01-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Right , and i have like 600+ deaths and i don't think it affects me in LB :confused:

Bless
01-06-2013, 10:40 AM
:disillusionment: Man U hear a lotta things....

No it's not true. If u 'hear' more things and aren't unsure if they're true, pm a dev they'll clear it up =]

Asahetek
01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Not really so many people are obsessed with no deaths or their k/d that they delete their characters, whatever. Personally i dont care about them it doesnt mean anything and doesnt necssiarly mean your a good player if you have low deaths or a bad player if you have high.

iOSJake
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Just be proud of them :-)

TheStoic
01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
You can die as many as you want, you might even win a prize just by dying.

Im planning to make a part 2 of this contest.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79636-One-Lucky-(Death)-Number

KillaSkillz
01-06-2013, 11:55 PM
That last pet quest, fire kraag cannons wouldn't help a heck of a lot in keeping k/d down that's for sure!
Deaths are going to happen, don't worry about it, just kill more to make your k/d ratio better :D

leaderboard means nothing. Just play the game and have fun.

nenjih
01-07-2013, 01:24 AM
That last pet quest, fire kraag cannons wouldn't help a heck of a lot in keeping k/d down that's for sure!
Deaths are going to happen, don't worry about it, just kill more to make your k/d ratio better :D

leaderboard means nothing. Just play the game and have fun.

thankfully deaths in town don't add to your death count :P

Rare
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Hey,my character has 200 deaths which I am so ashamed of,I heard low deaths can get you in leaderboards.So I was thinking of making a low death character

If you're ashamed of 200... please don't look at mine.

-kyleww
01-07-2013, 05:26 PM

well, im not saying you should be ashamed of your deaths but you shouldnt exacly be proud of them. its just a number. (and a rather useless number in this game seeing as there are no kdr leaderboards)

grunt226
01-08-2013, 02:26 AM

well, im not saying you should be ashamed of your deaths but you shouldnt exacly be proud of them. its just a number. (and a rather useless number in this game seeing as there are no kdr leaderboards)

I'm proud of my 7k/0 kdr on my warrior.

Rare
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM

Actually, I think you need to be MUCH more dedicated to farm deaths than kills. Its natural to try to survive and in the process get more kills. To farm deaths means you actually went OUT OF YOUR way to be bad. And like you said.. for no purpose. THAT'S dedication.

grunt226
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Actually, I think you need to be MUCH more dedicated to farm deaths than kills. Its natural to try to survive and in the process get more kills. To farm deaths means you actually went OUT OF YOUR way to be bad. And like you said.. for no purpose. THAT'S dedication.

This made me lol irl

Melodicdeath
01-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Feeling as if you have too many deaths is soley a matter of pride...nothing more. It doesn't designate that you are a good or a bad player..it just means..well...you've died :) I admit I have been extremely anal about my death count in the past, and even still its urksome to me when I die, but I find myself taking more risk and putting myself out there more and I don't think that's a bad thing...it just comes at a price :) Bottom line: its ok to die, it happens to us all. What's important is (1) you're enjoying yourself and having fun (2) you're enjoying yourself and having fun (3) you're enjoying yourself and having fun......get the picture? ;)

grunt226
01-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I object to people who say deaths don't = player ability... to me it says a couple things

1) this player is to cheap to use pots and would rather die and gimp a group.

2) this player doesn't understand to move out of red cones or doesn't understand that rogues and mages should try and avoid tanking

3) this player doesn't care

This is my interpretation of what deaths mean. It doesn't really dictate whether I leave a group when I inspect the players when initially zoning in, but these thoughts do cross my mind.

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I object to people who say deaths don't = player ability... to me it says a couple things

1) this player is to cheap to use pots and would rather die and gimp a group.

2) this player doesn't understand to move out of red cones or doesn't understand that rogues and mages should try and avoid tanking

3) this player doesn't care

This is my interpretation of what deaths mean. It doesn't really dictate whether I leave a group when I inspect the players when initially zoning in, but these thoughts do cross my mind.

How about this, player sacrifices all (including death count) to help the group..... That's what I do and I'm proud oh my 1000 deaths!

When I see a player with zero deaths I think they are selfish.....

Jjesus86
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
thankfully deaths in town don't add to your death count :P

I did not know this ... how did I not know this?

quaziest
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
How about this, player sacrifices all (including death count) to help the group..... That's what I do and I'm proud oh my 1000 deaths!

They just playing scared ... like people with OCD ... they should just make this way:

PVE Kills
Death
Death from Lag
PV Kills

-kyleww
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM

lol.
it does take more dedication to farm deaths, but it takes skill to farm kills w/o deaths, that's one of my favorite parts about AL, its not elixir centered like certain games.

i wont bash anyone for having bad kdrs but i respect people much more if they can do the same as others w/o dying as much

grunt226
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Name one reason that dieing helps the group, when you die, all you do is leave 4 people too do the work that's meant for 5... congratulations, you have made it harder on your group 1000 times, you sir, deserve an achievement for such a glorious accomplishment, sts can call it "short hander"

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
They just playing scared ... like people with OCD ... they should just make this way:

PVE Kills
Death
Death from Lag
PV Kills

Yes people with low deaths are afraid.

Name one reason that dieing helps the group, when you die, all you do is leave 4 people too do the work that's meant for 5... congratulations, you have made it harder on your group 1000 times, you sir, deserve an achievement for such a glorious accomplishment, sts can call it "short hander"

Well lets see I stay alive till I die as a rogue, I help n00bs and alot! I lvl my guildies I give my ALL. So I pull agro and end up killing the foes or dieing. I'm not saying that I try to die or even want to but that a death is something not to be ashamed of if you are a mature dedicated player.
So I can now deduce that u don't care about your party in the same way I do. Ill die for them. (End of convo with u about this for me)

clifle
01-09-2013, 02:35 AM
I am a mage and usually death in this scenario:
I walk to the monster, start spaming skills. Oh Fireball, frost, etc.
Monsters ain't moving, my teammates too!
And I died in a sudden.
LoL

iOSJake
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM
There should be an Achievement in-game for 1000 deaths and that will alleviate everybody's angst!

Vystirch
01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
There should be an Achievement in-game for 1000 deaths and that will alleviate everybody's angst!

Lol that would make zero death players with Colton angry :p

quaziest
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM

That's a good one bro. For those people who worry so much into dying. Dying is part of the game and in real life too :congratulatory:

Sharaobic
01-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Lol that would make zero death players with Colton angry :p

colton grants death reducrtion ?

Asahetek
01-11-2013, 12:11 PM
The number of deaths doesnt always reflect player ability (64 k kills 600+ deaths) there are multiple factors that can contribute to the amount of deaths a player has, lag, running low on potions or cant heal fast enough, bad partys, running mainly elite maps, poor tanks, or people who bring all the mobs to you.

I help my friends, guild, and do alot of pub runs i do quite a bit if die it doesnt matter, im always taking agro and tank bosses. If i dont lag or dont get mobed im usually still alive, sometimes im the last one standing and ive had alot of people leave runs just because they died a few times, thats happened to me alot recently soloed mardom a few times.

Enchounterer
01-13-2013, 08:16 PM
to the OP; dude, I have like 650 deaths. So chill and be happy.

Pulenski
01-13-2013, 08:33 PM
I didn't care too much about dying when I started AL and played fairly recklessly but now I try pretty hard to survive when things start going topsy turvy and approach scenarios a lot more cautiously. This also has saved me guzzling so many potions aswell :)

... although a slight drawback is probably the NERD RAGE when I get ganked by an enormous mob (suck at the game) :miserable:

Valsacar
01-14-2013, 04:38 AM
I don't see deaths as a bad thing, as a mage it happens to me a lot. Sometimes it's a bad tank, sometimes it's because I was a second slow on that fireball to keep the mobs stunned so I can put time shift back up... sometimes I'm too slow moving away when I see or hear the cue the boss is about to blast me with something that could probably one hit me... I do run elite a lot now (21, not much else to do).

Only times I get pissed is if I'm on a map where it's a long haul back to the boss (elite tower no big deal, he's right there), the times I get REALLY pissed is when I see my heal animation go off as I fall over (lots of cursing on that one) or that time the genius tank piled all the mobs on the spawn spot and died... that was nice, took 5 deaths before I could get the map up and poof out. I'm not a fan of those tanks that go and round up half the map, unless you're with a good group (that you run with regularly) that tends to just lead to death.

Astrocat
01-14-2013, 06:27 AM
Gonna hit 50,000 kills with 0 death. I SO PRO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 03:10 PM
colton grants death reducrtion ?

No I'm talking about people who have got Colton for achievement points

Sharaobic
01-15-2013, 08:07 AM
No I'm talking about people who have got Colton for achievement points

HEY what is Shiloh and kettle arcane ability by the way

iacito
01-15-2013, 08:30 AM
HEY what is Shiloh and kettle arcane ability by the way
Shiloh arcane ability grants 40 STR and kettle's grants 12% movement speed

Avshow
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
well,it is not a big problem, players are allowed to play the way they would like to.
As for me , for elite maps, I died lots ,either in random game or records run.
But I also have some sub tons with 0 death,just play for fun.

kingmog
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
imo, those that have low deaths are those who you don't want to party with at all. They're afraid of losing their 'godly' K : D ratio and thus stay in the back and attack every so often or not at all so they don't draw aggro to themselves, so basically, they just leech exp and loot and boast about their K : D ratio like the little nibs they are.

FrankRHorton
01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
imo, those that have low deaths are those who you don't want to party with at all. They're afraid of losing their 'godly' K : D ratio and thus stay in the back and attack every so often or not at all so they don't draw aggro to themselves, so basically, they just leech exp and loot and boast about their K : D ratio like the little nibs they are.

No, not really. I'm at >10k kills and <50 deaths.

In my case, burning LOT'S of pots is what's keeping me alive. I don't really care wasting my gold on pots, as long as I survive.

drgrimmy
01-17-2013, 01:12 PM
In my personal opinion you are not going to be able to test the limits of your damage output unless you are willing to die. I find that players who really have a good understanding of the gameplay also have a good number of deaths as they have done a lot of experimentation and have been willing to die doing so. Unfortunately, as with most things in life, you are just not going to get that good unless you practice. Sure, having a low death or no death toon requires skill, so I'm not knocking it, but I also find that most quality high K/D ratio or no death toons also have another toon with a fair number deaths. Just my opionion, but I am a little biased with my perhaps leaderboard worthy number of deaths :)