PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Discharge change suggestion

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Since Lightning Strike is a single target spell can you change Electrical Discharge to one of the following to make it more viable? When you play a multiplayer game and the mobs have 400%~ normal health this upgrade is even weaker.

Current skill
Enemies slain by is attack have a 15% and 25% when charged to explode and release bolts of lightning upon their allies

Suggestion
1) instead of 'on death' can you change it to 'on hit'
2) change this upgrade completely to " turns your Lightning Strike into a chain of lightning that bounces to 3 additional enemies wi each strike hitting for 20% less than the previous hit."

The skill for warriors, Chest Splitter has the same 'explode on death' mechanic but it hits multiple targets to begin with and it has 25/45% chance on death.

Energizeric
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree. I didn't choose this upgrade for exactly that reason. It seems pretty useless. Even if it were a free upgrade and didn't require me to spend a skill point, I doubt I would choose to charge Lightning Strike just for this very tiny chance. How often does Lightning Strike actually kill the enemy (maybe 25% of the time?) and then only 25% of those times will this actually happen? So maybe like 5-10%. Considering the time it takes to charge the skill, it's not worth it.

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Doubt it's even 25% of the time unless you solo all the time...

P.s. @energizeric check the "blinded by DPS thread"

FluffNStuff
06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Decided to use the search since I am new to Sorcerer and KNEW this had to have been suggested. Sorcerer gets the worst feed back from players and changing Electrical Discharge to activate On Hit instead of On Death would be an easy change that would go a long way to improving the feel. Please consider this.