PDA

View Full Version : Boss map suggestion.

KingFu
09-20-2010, 05:33 PM
OK, so when you open the map, where the red arrows are to indicate the enemies, I would like to have it be so that the bosses arrows are either a different shape, or a boggier arrow, or maybe even a different color.

It might be helpful, I just soloed Vyxnaar no joke like a hundred times, I only log on to farm that helm and it's driving me insane. I would like to see this implemented so it would be easier to see where the boss is, and it would be especially be helpful in boss respawn zones.

Any feedback?

Cascade
09-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Perhaps a black triangle would work?

KingFu
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Perhaps a black triangle would work?

I think that might be hard to see due to the fact that some maps would have a black background at some points.

Cascade
09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
True maybe neon pink then? Rocking the neon pink :)

KingFu
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
True maybe neon pink then? Rocking the neon pink :)

Well if you did change the color, it'd have to be something that doesn't contrast.

Light browns, and tans won't work due to ao, greens won't really work because of swamps, whites, and lighter blues won't work due to nightmare and LE, blacks, grays, and dark browns might not work due to ursan weald, fort blackstone, and balefort, skeller, fathom, and FH. Reds and oranges are taken by the enemies and party members, so maybe the best way to change it would be to change the shape?

Example:

Orange arrow= Party member
Red arrow= Mob
Blue square= trees and rocks
Red circle= boss

Then all they have to change is the boss to a red circle.

Cascade
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah which would be a piece of cake to do...atlest I think lol

KingFu
09-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Lol, I don't think it'd be too hard. Honestly I've been trying not to complain, but IMO the devs are kinda implementing stuff we don't care for, well, at least I haven't seen many people care for. Like new weapons, new FN item designs, I think it they finished up ao3 and once and if it ever comes out we won't care about them, I realize it's a lot of work and they have done stuff for us before, but the swamps and LE took less time, and they had completely new loot, enemies, and everything. I don't mean to full on complain, because they put in a lot of effort, and do well most of the time, but ao2 is about 2 months old, and I think we are all tired of it, and I pretty much only care for updates if it's a new expansion or something with totally new content. I looked at the road map a while ago, and they said auction houses would come out in, I think august? Anyways, it's been a long time since a major update, and the devs are great, and fun to talk with and as well as they can do their jobs, it's kinda pretty bland in the world of PL :/

Cascade
09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
You hit nail on the head dude...I realize that the devs are working their tails off but...what exactly are they working their tails off on? More updates that we will forget about? Or auction houses and pets and AO3? I would love if the devs would actually answer the question.

KingFu
09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Exactly, I feel like they are working on something to surprise us, but they would've had it by now :/

Idk if they are working on releasing pets, auction house, and ao3 all at the same time, but if they are, I would rather have one after another, rather than scrambling what to do first, and trying to have fun with all of them at once, I would much rather take one at a time to keep us entertained longer, and give us time to enjoy each thing one by one rather than throwing 3 baseballs at us, and having us to try to catch all 3 with only one hand ;)