PDA

View Full Version : Could vanity banners give a little something?

grunt226
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Say 1-5% xp, good for that next level cap and a little congrats on grinding the latest elite level.

Or 1% dmg or crit

Perhaps 5% luck or run speed

I know that the banner in itself is the reward, but maybe a little extra something would be nice.

Just throwing this out there.

Wizard_Mike
01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Then everyone would have to wear them, even if they didn't want to. Sometimes I wear one of my level cap banners, sometimes I don't. I like having the choice. Putting any kind of bonus on them that would affect gameplay, no matter how small, would eliminate that choice for me, as I always want my character to be as powerful as he can.

Energizeric
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
You don't want to go down the road of elite vanities with stats. They had that in PL and all it created was complaints and issues, and STS was never able to make everyone happy after that. Best is to keep stats away from vanities.

Randomguy
01-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Then everyone would have to wear them, even if they didn't want to. Sometimes I wear one of my level cap banners, sometimes I don't. I like having the choice. Putting any kind of bonus on them that would affect gameplay, no matter how small, would eliminate that choice for me, as I always want my character to be as powerful as he can.

then that wouldnt make the banner special

grunt226
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
All great points, just thought I'd throw it out there. Just figured since all they do is show you reached a lvl cap ( useless imo) then may as well give it an actual function. But since it had been tried and obviously failed, then that puts that baby to rest.

Vanity banner, to me, see completely useless... but I guess I've never been one to indulge in acts of vanity, so I guess that's an issue with me as opposed to the item/function itself.