PDA

View Full Version : Improving Performance

Sayishere
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey just wanted to discuss something

Its about ingame peformance. i play on a iphone 2g which at times during dungeons gets very slow when theres more than one enemy on screen with a full group, i havent played ona 3gs or ipad before but i assume it runs smooth during these fights? not sure whether its my hardware or lag

i saw in the options and theres settings like high quality, sound and music, i tried turning of music and high quality for a little improvement nothing major

just wanted your thoughts

thanks

Odvar
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I have a 3G and it's the same, very choppy. Not sure they can do much about it though.

setec
04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Same with my 3GS and even the iPad sometimes.

Chronical
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
You can't just magically increase performance. Also, I can't see any difference between the High Quality option turned on and turned off.

Splurd
04-24-2010, 02:32 PM
You can't just magically increase performance. Also, I can't see any difference between the High Quality option turned on and turned off.

With high quality, the map is blackened out and slowly fades into view as you walk around. Kinda cool, but frankly I rather the low quality one where I can see everything.

Which begs the question, if the low quality setting is rendering everything, is it really low quality?

Also Sayishere, it is indeed the hardware issue. Turn off sound and music and antialiasing. it may help.