PDA

View Full Version : More Pinks than Buyers.

kinghaigy
09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
The one thing that is starting to bug me in this game is that there seems to be an abundance of semi good level 45 pinks and then hardly any super rare 45 pinks. I frequently (i just seem to get lucky) get pinks from bosses and fail at trying to sell them.

Most of the pinks are pretty good, but not the best and in this game, like it says in the help screen 'the person with the best armor wins'. All this 'semi-good' gear rarely has a buyer. It has left me with about 20 pinks so far and i've only just hit 40. I know i'm going to get a hell of a lot more.

Some pinks sell really well. I once got a Red Scarab Bow of Horus and sold that for 130k in a few minutes. On the other hand, my [red cloth something] Helm of Thoth was hard to sell and took ages. It seems that only the best items will sell as thats what people are looking for.

Selling the item to a shop gives like 120g. Thats pointless to do. If the Price was increased to say to about 5-10k per pink then that could destroy the market all together because SOMETIMES there is a buyer.

What i think would be cool, and it could be challenging is to some how transmute the pinks into something else. This leads into the idea of a skill system which i wont really discuss in depth. Basically, you could melt down pink armor and weapons into raw ingredients to make better ones - not ones that drop, another set of crafted weapons.
Like World of Warcraft, you could also do an enchanting system where you disenchant the weapons in order to enhance your own or other peoples weapons.

They are just some ideas and I'm not sure if any of them are that good, but i'd like to find something to do with all these pinks. I know people would happily accept them if they got them for free, but I'd like to make some money out of them.

Would like to hear from more people on this idea.

Royce
09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Use forum search. Many similar threads exist about crafting, item melding, etc. The super rare pinks in AO2 drop from specific bosses. The Khafra Helm of Thoth is actually the best mage helm and it's unusual it was hard to sell. Consider yourself lucky to have made 130K from a single item. Too many people are focused on making big bucks, but you will get by just fine with a couple hundred thousand. Also the Auction Hous will be added soon and will make selling easier, though all prices will probably drop.

Arterra
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
even if they drop, at least all sellers will be on more even footing... no more of the "o i can just sell to someone else"

kinghaigy
09-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Royce ive seen them too, my post was more about the abundance of items than the creation of skills :). I was very fortunate to sell the bow for 130k and I'm now sitting on 100k ATM which is working fine. I just wish I had something to do with all this gear. Part of my problem is not knowing how much things are worth. That karfa helm of Thoth i sold for 7k because i didn't know how good it was. If i had known it was the best Mage helm I could probably have sold it for more :S

I didn't know we were going to get an auction house :D that could make things considerably easier as when I play there is usually onlylike 300 players on at a time and if I could leave them there over night (so the americans and others) could see them then I might be able to sell more of them with ease.

Any idea when the auction house is coming?

Royce
09-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Any idea when the auction house is coming?

They are supposed to be posting an updated roadmap soon. I would guess maybe it'll make it in 1.5. It's already overdue, an they've been working on it for a while.

Arterra
09-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Technically not overdue. We just impatient :P

vulgarstrike
09-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Technically not overdue. We just impatient :P

well, not according to their original map, by which it is VERY overdue.
according to recent word, they are very close to late, and right on time, presuming they will have this stuff out on Wednesday.

Raxie
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
then what about the people with a lot of pinks? some pinks aren't even hard to find really and if you just keep 'fusing' them, everyone will have good weapons. this will make it boring and easy to have very good items.
osiris, horus, jewel thief's, sniper's, legend and mastery level 45 pinks are not popular as most people look for thoth and isis.

Ascetic
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
I suggested this: Have the ability to upgrade equipments. Disenchant "pinks" into crystals, higher level pinks yields more crystals. Use these crystals to upgrade equipments.

Raxie
09-21-2010, 12:32 AM
what's the point of having crystals when we already have gold? it will be so easy to upgrade equipments and everyone would be farming plasma pyramid as that map drops so many pinks.

Ascetic
09-21-2010, 12:36 AM
It doesn't matter what these pinks disenchant to. I'm just giving an example here. But whatever it is that it disenchants to, this material is then used to upgrade equipments (armor/weapons). This will eliminate alot of the less useful pinks.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree to some extent. There is a thread in Trader's Market now called Complete List of Pinks, or something. And when you think about the drop rates, it hardly makes sense. Just about every run through Plasma Pyramid gets you a pink, if not two or three, but sometimes you only get a purple. Five people running through Plasma get about 10 pinks betweens them. Generally there are two or three Plasma Pyramid games going at once. They take about ten minutes. So that yields between 100 and 150 pinks level 45 pinks handed out per hour. And at peak times it is really cool to have a thousand players. So yes, there are more pinks than people!! This renders all the purples useless, not to mention the greens or the oranges.

So all those other items exist solely to be liquidated. It seems ridiculous. Liquidate purples? Really? That means the drop rate is too high!!!

Royce
09-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Honestly, I always expected the plasma pyramid droprate would be nerfed at some point. Not to the point where it was as bad as the rates from other AO2 maps, but somewhat. I'm surprised it never happened. And yeah, it's kind of a sad state of affairs when not only do the noobs laugh at purples, but they don't even want the lesser pinks. Here's the thing though. Why does everyone want Isis and Thoth, and nobody want Osiris and Horus? Because regen gain through attributes is waaaaaaaaaaay too slow. Crit, for example can be gained quite quickly with a bit of Dex, while regen will cost you at least 50 attribute points per point of regen. Either the non-regen gear needs bigger crit or dodge bonuses (currently a gear bonus point is considered the same no matter what it builds, but 6 crit is not as valuable in reality as 6 of either kind of regen), or even better, the rate of regen gain through Int and Str needs to be improved (dramatically IMO). As for the Conq, Legend, Sniper, JT, Dreamer, and Mastery gear, they become crappier and crappier with each new campaign. Either they need to increase the bonuses for those gear types at higher levels, or just drop them out completely (maybe make new purples with their stats instead).

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I know, it's true. Pink is the new purple.

flaimdude
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I <3 economics.