PDA

View Full Version : Question for STS -global cool down

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
What is the global cool down? I thought I was 1 sec initially, but after looking at it again it seems to be somewhere between .25-.5s

Jcyee
01-06-2013, 05:42 PM
i think your second estimate is more accurate.

However, there might be a bug with the cool down on the warrior's windmill skill. Seems to be considerably longer than the other skills that I use on my warrior. Anyone else experiencing this?

primaeva
01-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Varies on skill animation. For instance, Shadow Piercer has a considerable GCD whereas Aimed and Noxious Bolt share the same GCD.

It is no surprise that Windmill has one of the longer ones then. It also makes sense that you can't trigger another ability while your character is following through the last one.

Finally, all of the sorc skills seem to have the same GCD.

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Ah, i haven't hardly played any other toon than my Sorc since DC came out, so my initial test was with the Sorc spells. I was trying to update my dps calculator, but varying GCDs is a real pain lol...

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 09:11 PM
After some quick testing, i guessing the following

All Sorc Skills are 0.5s GCD
All Warrior Skills are 0.5s GCD except Windmill is 2s
All Rogue Skills are 0.5s GCD except Shadow Piercer is 1s

STS, can you confirm?

primaeva
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Ah, i haven't hardly played any other toon than my Sorc since DC came out, so my initial test was with the Sorc spells. I was trying to update my dps calculator, but varying GCDs is a real pain lol...

Good luck with that! I seem to notice that you can AA the same time you skill (or during GCD). If you can test that AA is completely independent of skilling, you might be able to calculate AA DPS separately, then prove that you need two right thumbs to really own it up in AL. :D

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 10:57 PM
hi Primaeva, i did already do this. I doesn't look like you can use a skill and AA at the exact same time, but you can during the GCD during most Sorc spells. It seems like LS and TS GCD block AA, but FiB/FrB you can cast during GCD. If you click the "google doc" link in my sig i have already built this for the Sorc. read the notes though. you can see more details in the end of the "blinded by dps" thread too where i initially posted this calculator.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?80193-Blinded-by-dps/page9