PDA

View Full Version : Who always feels unlucky? Suggestion for questing...

XghostzX
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I think what makes up a really good MMO is by the types of quests you can play. There's 213 quests right now, and they're pretty fun to do!

Unfortunately, the only way players can get the best of best gear is by farming, or buying the gear (and you can't even buy the gear when you don't have enough gold from farming!)

Farming can be extremely difficult... since looting is 100% luck, (and players don't even get pinks all the time with luck elixirs), there needs to be an alternative.

I suggest that legendary items should be obtainable through questing. Whether it's crafting, or relatively simple quests, there should be an option to do so. THESE ITMES WOULD NOT BE AS GOOD AS THE GEAR LOOT-ABLE FROM DUNGEONS. They would be good enough to at least be able to compete with the top-notch equipment.

Thoughts? I just think that players want to jump into action with the best gear (and I guess I'm looking at this from a PvP perspective), and questing is a GUARANTEED way to do this. The cyber quests were definitely the most fun to attain... and satisfying.

WarTornBird
01-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I actually think that's perfect. And that's a huge reaaon I haven't leveled past 71. Im not trying to spend 490016 houra of my life trying to loot one piece of gear. That I can't be guaranteed to even be for my class. I might level up if something like cyber quests came in high end levels. Ehhhh hear that sts? More money in da pocket for you..that's enough to make you do it no?

Deadbite
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I have to agree... I want more cyber quests!!! Or the 5plat mystery option ones...

Traebeles99
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Umm... this is an amazing idea!!!.. cus it seems I cant get more than 1 mil :/ lmao. PLayed since sewers cap thats the most I have had.

ArtofWar
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Awesome idea! More quests like the cyber ones would be fun :)

CrimsonTider
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Only thing, Will, is we have begged for this for over a year now and nothing. Closest thing was the incredibly boring Ichor quest. I just wish for once tbey would listen.

MightyMicah
01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
I like the idea. I personally think questing items should be better than the other gear just slightly. Don't give the lucky people the good stuff and don't give any reason for gear to be any more expensive, you know?

Anyways...good one, Ghost!

XghostzX
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Only thing, Will, is we have begged for this for over a year now and nothing. Closest thing was the incredibly boring Ichor quest. I just wish for once tbey would listen.

Ah, I was unaware. Thanks for letting me know. Almost every MMO has quests where gear can be obtained...

Noodleleg
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
...Last time this was implemented... Sigh... 1000 ichors lol. But I really want another cyber :(!

XghostzX
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
...Last time this was implemented... Sigh... 1000 ichors lol. But I really want another cyber :(!

Ok, then the suggestion would obviously be something reasonable.

The Sadness
01-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Forgetting 1 thing, money.

1) Ichor Quest: quest gave 2 handed "elite" weapon. They created as a way to make money between caps. I'd love to see plat spent to achieve that quest per toon. I calculated it would take approximately 30 hours to complete quest with good team. By good, I mean thrashing.
2) Dragon Egg Quest: quest gave 1 handed "elite" shield. Required you to hit 76 in 4 days. Anyone notice how this shield made the ichor quest elite item useless? And again, did anyone achieve without using enable XP elixir in Mega-Maze, etc? No? That's 100 plat / hour.
3) Red Dragon: although not a quest per se, you have chance to obtain "elite" 76 weapons. Again, went 2 handed and made Dragon Egg shield useless. How many teams do you find not thrashing? I'm not capping this round, but in Humania elite dungeon it was no thrasher = kick.

So, give them an idea to make money and voila, you have your quest. I honestly wish this game had a monthly subscription and that you didn't have to pay to be rich. Doubt me? Name one person in game who is rich and hasn't spent insane amount of money on platinum.

Ts

Noodleleg
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM
I think it'd be nice if... We went back to sewers or ao3 days... >_>

Doodlebeast
01-08-2013, 02:27 AM

Hax PL back to the old days :)

The Sadness
01-08-2013, 04:51 AM

Just join Legion :D

jarikur
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
I tend to be plat crazy myself, but am very thrifty about spending gold. And I still have not attained zillionaire. Don't have a lot of time to farm so merching isn't an option. I've been farming my own pots, but gold drops are practically nil on the newer maps. I think cyber quests would be a great way to get the gear needed.

XghostzX
01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I tend to be plat crazy myself, but am very thrifty about spending gold. And I still have not attained zillionaire. Don't have a lot of time to farm so merching isn't an option. I've been farming my own pots, but gold drops are practically nil on the newer maps. I think cyber quests would be a great way to get the gear needed.

Point made :)

dudetus
01-10-2013, 06:13 AM
*something random*

I ran out of ideas.

saool
01-10-2013, 06:35 AM
For some reason I have faith that STS might bring something similar to the Mystery/Cyber quests sets for endgame players. Might reduce the want and need for players to quit after they cap. +1 to the idea I'll thank you when I'm not on app.

Roberto077
01-10-2013, 07:44 AM
More cyba!!!

Griffinfan
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM

1) Ichor Quest: quest gave 2 handed "elite" weapon. They created as a way to make money between caps. I'd love to see plat spent to achieve that quest per toon. I calculated it would take approximately 30 hours to complete quest with good team. By good, I mean thrashing.
2) Dragon Egg Quest: quest gave 1 handed "elite" shield. Required you to hit 76 in 4 days. Anyone notice how this shield made the ichor quest elite item useless? And again, did anyone achieve without using enable XP elixir in Mega-Maze, etc? No? That's 100 plat / hour.
3) Red Dragon: although not a quest per se, you have chance to obtain "elite" 76 weapons. Again, went 2 handed and made Dragon Egg shield useless. How many teams do you find not thrashing? I'm not capping this round, but in Humania elite dungeon it was no thrasher = kick.

So, give them an idea to make money and voila, you have your quest. I honestly wish this game had a monthly subscription and that you didn't have to pay to be rich. Doubt me? Name one person in game who is rich and hasn't spent insane amount of money on platinum.

Ts

I am almost to my third cap of Items and gold.

I have bought maybe 3 packs of the 10 pack of plat and one 30 plat pack

How? I farmed dragon pieces in MF when drag drops were worth 7-8mil, got 5 of them in 2 weeks. Used that money to merch and then I had enough to buy any set I wanted. Unfortunately the games boring now so I retired :(

XghostzX
01-10-2013, 05:53 PM
For some reason I have faith that STS might bring something similar to the Mystery/Cyber quests sets for endgame players. Might reduce the want and need for players to quit after they cap. +1 to the idea I'll thank you when I'm not on app.

I suppose this is right, but here's what I'm thinking.

Obviously, after STS finishes a campaign, they are in the process of making more campaigns (as well as focusing on other games, bugs, etc.)

From this, I think it makes sense to say that STS will make quests for endgame gear ONCE they reach level 101 (they're current planned out schedule).

saool
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM

Obviously, after STS finishes a campaign, they are in the process of making more campaigns (as well as focusing on other games, bugs, etc.)

From this, I think it makes sense to say that STS will make quests for endgame gear ONCE they reach level 101 (they're current planned out schedule).

Agreed. I can only imagine the chaos that cap might bring XD

XghostzX
01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Agreed. I can only imagine the chaos that cap might bring XD

That's what's truly motivating me. Since STS knows their plans for level 101, it's going to be epic.

Sparterous
01-10-2013, 10:30 PM
AGREED!!! the only way to obtain anything of value is through plat...and not everyone can buy plat

XghostzX
01-10-2013, 11:55 PM

Ts

Try the cyber quest or mystery quest. Now those were fun...

Jig
01-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes. This definitely should happen! Just like cyber sets :D Good times then

Phoenixking
01-11-2013, 01:24 AM
It might be because I was mainly active in ao3 but I really loved that map, and one reason was the cheap alt. and you had a chance to fight with the pros. Didn't need money or anything

saool
01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
That's what's truly motivating me. Since STS knows their plans for level 101, it's going to be epic.

Everything will be over 9000
9000+ dmg dps regen armor EVERYTHING! Haha

Jig
01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Im sure a large amount of players would come back if we just restart back to 56 :) and stay there.. Forever..

MightyMicah
01-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Im sure a large amount of players would come back if we just restart back to 56 :) and stay there.. Forever..

As funny as this sounds, it's actually extremely true.

XghostzX
01-11-2013, 10:52 PM

Don't make me all depressed, man.

Schnitzel
01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Many MIGHT come back. And many may leave..because of the money they spent for lvl76

Eddison Sukansingh
01-13-2013, 04:35 PM
I agree 100% with this idea.
Yes i am one of those unlucky people who spend money on luck elixir obtaining nothing.
In reality it would cost close to US$1000.00.
I wouldn't be surprised if it costs more to buy that much gold to buy the full savage sets.
I also suggest quests to attain the savage, fangs etc.
More people would be inclined to play the game.

Thank you for opening my eyes with this idea as i was going to waste my money in trying to attain the savage set.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

XghostzX
01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I agree 100% with this idea.
Yes i am one of those unlucky people who spend money on luck elixir obtaining nothing.
In reality it would cost close to US$1000.00.
I wouldn't be surprised if it costs more to buy that much gold to buy the full savage sets.
I also suggest quests to attain the savage, fangs etc.
More people would be inclined to play the game.

Thank you for opening my eyes with this idea as i was going to waste my money in trying to attain the savage set.

Glad I could help! I know this would make a lot of players happy...

Dreuko
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Call me crazy but I think the game could benefit from having luck as a skill that could be increased with skill points. The higher the luck, the better the drops, and gold. Of course this would cause problems for the already capped characters who wanted to increase their luck as well. Just a thought.

Apostel
05-24-2013, 12:58 PM

Cap 101 = 1000001 XP. Vanity Bonus Item rewarded when finishing within 1 day. Combo-Blessing+Double Weekend XP+Trasher+WeeklongXp-Megamaze-Party. We do not sleep.

Caiahar
05-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Still want this...

Sryyoulose
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM

Ts
Angel Sets
1000Platinum

Sryyoulose
05-24-2013, 05:19 PM

Agreed, maybe a second Pocket Legends app? Maybe pay 2.99 to get app plus platinum in app purchases... But stay at 56 forever :) that was the cap that I joined... And that's my favorite one.

MightyMicah
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Agreed, maybe a second Pocket Legends app? Maybe pay 2.99 to get app plus platinum in app purchases... But stay at 56 forever :) that was the cap that I joined... And that's my favorite one.

Yeah. Honestly, though, people don't want it bad enough. Otherwise everyone would go to 55 and just boot glyphs. It could easily be "brought back" but it's not that particular cap people miss. It's that particular game that people miss. If you know what I mean. They miss relatively cheap gear, balanced pvp, and neat looking sets.

Caiahar
05-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Ik this is necro. For sadness: Name one person who is rich in game and hasnt spent insane amount of plat?
Well, I got 5mill before :O
And buddyjosh, has couple mill.

XghostzX
05-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Ya'll make me feel special bringing this thread back up <3

MightyMicah
05-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Ya'll make me feel special bringing this thread back up <3

It's worth brining back up! :D

Cavoc
05-25-2013, 08:55 PM
This is a really good idea, but don't you think the quests will be really hard to achieve, and by the time you complete them you may have farmed the amount needed for the better gold set?

Jig
05-26-2013, 05:06 AM
This is a really good idea, but don't you think the quests will be really hard to achieve, and by the time you complete them you may have farmed the amount needed for the better gold set?

Not if your unlucky! They can make it for good looks and that you went through so much to get it. Thats if you do get lucky if not then you get both if that makes any sense

XghostzX
05-26-2013, 12:47 PM

Tron, there is a huge gold inflation in the PL economy. One set is worth way too much in my perspective, at the moment. Farming that much gold in the duration of one quest is realistically impossible.

I believe that the quests should be hard, but NOT repetitive and boring. There should be some cool story/tactics/strategies to beating the quests. As I previously stated, the Cyber Quests were hella' fun!

Ladyviviane
05-26-2013, 12:50 PM
M da unluckiest Mage on da whole Alterra's world :'(

Eddison Sukansingh
07-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Don't say that vivian, ur the master of a great guild :-)

Xvanitykingx
07-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Doubt me? Name one person in game who is rich and hasn't spent insane amount of money on platinum.

Ts

Tommypimp. That's just one I know that I have spoke personally to. I'm sure there are others like the ones mentioned above.

~Xvanitykingx

Ps. I'm just putting this out there, lol. Don't reply :p

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
07-24-2013, 02:52 PM
i've gotten 11mil without spending on plat. It took me a couple months and i was actually playing alot so if you cant afford the plat then you're gunna have to farm like crazy and have to be insanely patient.

Ladyviviane
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't say that vivian, ur the master of a great guild :-)

That's true tyvm but I meant m not tat lucky on loot drop :(

XghostzX
07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Which is why we need it ;)

loliamsocool
07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Tron, there is a huge gold inflation in the PL economy. One set is worth way too much in my perspective, at the moment. Farming that much gold in the duration of one quest is realistically impossible.

I believe that the quests should be hard, but NOT repetitive and boring. There should be some cool story/tactics/strategies to beating the quests. As I previously stated, the Cyber Quests were hella' fun!

Wass not the cyber quest just killing a lot of bosses over and over again? xD
This idea is pretty great though, I haven't seen an MMO yet that can make quests non repetitive "fetch" style quests though. Hell, even skyrim is filled with quests like that, although there's a lot of fun killing in between.

Jig
07-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Lol, this is sts first game and the cyber set was at early days.. I'm sure they have more experience with this stuff and come up with something.. Skyrim is totally different, it's a console game and is just... Different ..

loliamsocool
07-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Lol, this is sts first game and the cyber set was at early days.. I'm sure they have more experience with this stuff and come up with something.. Skyrim is totally different, it's a console game and is just... Different ..

I wasn't contrasting them, I was comparing how it will be hard because even the major console games haven't found a way to make quests non repetitive..
And I was also just confused at how ghost said cyber quests were not repetitive although they seemingly are...

Jig
07-26-2013, 10:09 PM
I wasn't contrasting them, I was comparing how it will be hard because even the major console games haven't found a way to make quests non repetitive..
And I was also just confused at how ghost said cyber quests were not repetitive although they seemingly are...

I thought he said they should be hard but NOT repetitive not they aren't repetitive. Didn't he want the change as-well himself to not make them repetitive?

XghostzX
07-27-2013, 05:19 PM
I thought he said they should be hard but NOT repetitive not they aren't repetitive. Didn't he want the change as-well himself to not make them repetitive?

That's what I would strive for. Obviously PL has a huge limitation as to what it can do because it's merely a mobile MMO with some of the basic capabilities and MMO can contain. However, a little creativity can go a long way!

loliamsocool
07-27-2013, 06:44 PM

No, no, no. He said he liked the cyber quests because they were "fun" and not repetitive or something of the sort and my comment was that it actually IS a pretty repetitive task.

@xghostzx, the idea is great, the problem is implementing non repetitive quests such as "go kill 50 rats" or "go get the assassin's stick of doom from swift". AND NO, this is not a jab at STS, what I meant was not even huge console gaming companies can pull it off. However a solution would be to revamp the story line of the game. Hell, they should make it so that certain townes are not accessible on the map until you've completed a story line. First, it would give people a goal to achieve through their quests, and second, it would force people to actually do quests instead of ignoring them.

Honestly, I think the story line in PL really sucks. To compare how it could be done would be another Mobile MMO, Celtic Heroes. I played that for a few months before starting PL, and the quests were repetitive but the story was immersive. I got bored of the game though, by no fault of the quest line though xD. In fact, I do believe the plotting of that storyline was much better than even skyrim's main or side quests. (I keep on going back to skyrim because it is by far one of my favorite games, if that is not evident :p)

XghostzX
07-27-2013, 08:13 PM
No, no, no. He said he liked the cyber quests because they were "fun" and not repetitive or something of the sort and my comment was that it actually IS a pretty repetitive task.

@xghostzx, the idea is great, the problem is implementing non repetitive quests such as "go kill 50 rats" or "go get the assassin's stick of doom from swift". AND NO, this is not a jab at STS, what I meant was not even huge console gaming companies can pull it off. However a solution would be to revamp the story line of the game. Hell, they should make it so that certain townes are not accessible on the map until you've completed a story line. First, it would give people a goal to achieve through their quests, and second, it would force people to actually do quests instead of ignoring them.

Honestly, I think the story line in PL really sucks. To compare how it could be done would be another Mobile MMO, Celtic Heroes. I played that for a few months before starting PL, and the quests were repetitive but the story was immersive. I got bored of the game though, by no fault of the quest line though xD. In fact, I do believe the plotting of that storyline was much better than even skyrim's main or side quests. (I keep on going back to skyrim because it is by far one of my favorite games, if that is not evident :p)

I appreciate what you're saying, but you are missing my point. I understand that it's hard for any gaming console to pull off, and even more so in STS' position with mobile devices. Like I said, with some creativity, things can get better to a certain extent.

I would like a better storyline, but that seems extremely unlikely at this point in PL.

Swords
07-27-2013, 08:58 PM

Theres kinda basically no story line except the intros on the map info and quests. But quests are for something out of boredom and they do however reward some good items and quick gold. Of course games that have storylines would be better off on console games. mobile games such as pl are just for something if ur bored and u need something to play at the moment. however as console games, those games are for long play terms. PL is designed to play with other players at almost everything u do on the game, the game wasnt built on 100% storyline. thats what pl is right? an mmorpg

Anyways, i feel ya ghost :3, Having to spent countless hours and plat trying to farm based on luck yet another person would loot a good drop on their first try. so having quest with rare items would have a same chance for everyone, not just a person who would spend irl money on plat or some lucky or unlucky person

Roberto077
07-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Ik this is necro. For sadness: Name one person who is rich in game and hasnt spent insane amount of plat?
Well, I got 5mill before :O
And buddyjosh, has couple mill.

Most I've have at one time was 7 mil and I have about 1000 plat used/purchased. About 400 of it is from offers.