PDA

View Full Version : Hey lets afk in the hidden passage!!!

Chickdigcookies
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah, i was playing with my alt. And i saw Digitalparkss, literally, digitally parked by the bosses...

Its not fair to have the low lvls kill the bosses and he get loot when hes obviously afk doing god know what.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/fee2e4e1.jpg
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/edae6415.jpg

once i look at his K/D, it all makes sense...but im not here about that.

Devs better fix this, its just wrong.

PvpLegend
09-20-2010, 06:56 PM
y fix it, i do this all the timeeeeeee
(jk)

Royce
09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
The Mynas Gen strikes again! No seriously though, some long time players have been observed doing this. The darkside lure of exploitation is strong. It needs to be fixed. Auto-boot after 5 min afk (or whatever appropriate time period) in all non-hosted (or host-abandoned too maybe) games is the answer ;)

vulgarstrike
09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
The Mynas Gen strikes again! No seriously though, some long time players have been observed doing this. The darkside lure of exploitation is strong. It needs to be fixed. Auto-boot after 5 min afk (or whatever appropriate time period) in all non-hosted (or host-abandoned too maybe) games is the answer ;)

nooo!!
I often aft in towne!

Arterra
09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
ive seen Digital around too lol... my first time really trying to get something in secret tunnel one of 3 inactives got a pink demon claw ...

ps u see me around there, usually im either watching tv and semi-afk (best place to be semiafk) or fell asleep lol...

======SUGGESTION i actually got into a NEW secret tunnel, untouched, and noticed at first there are about a DOZEN OR SO ARMOR-BREAK dudes there. but why don't they respawn? usually i can sit there with any of my thoth or isis gear on and not even notice being hit. but when first taking out that room my HP finally got touched.

maybe revamped breakers would help, like the skeletons with Vyxar.

KingFu
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I always go in there when I am tired and about to log, but I usually fall asleep lmao, half the time it isn't on purpose, I am usually semi-afk TBH, remember the time you saw me in there dead, on my noob char, with full health and mana? I was playing on my iPad but left my iPod on my alt acc on accident.

Violentsaint
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
maybe if there was somthing to do in pocket legends people wouldnt be standing around afk all the time ;)

Kingofhurtz
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah I even see oldies afking in there too. But it's more mynas gen. with like 3k kills or less...

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
i really dont like new menu from the pics sorry lol :) but nice character r:P

InGameSupport/
Wbto

Vyvin
09-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Rofl! Atleast when I lvld to 45 in 4 days I didn't chillout most of the time rofl! People like these that should be the uber noobs!
/Vyvin

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
IM NOT A NOOB!

Pleas no name calling

InGameSupport/
Wbto

BeardedBear
09-21-2010, 07:56 AM
MysticalDream, you told me yourself that you have done this a few times and "woke up with 2 pinks!", you turd!

Anyway this is certainly a lame exploit, but we need suggestions to go with our complaints.. My solution would be to keep the same rule as PvP levels; you can only enter a campagin if you are in the 5 lvl range, lower or higher, meant for that campaign. This way, any afk'ers will certainly die getting hit by mobs or bosses.

This would keep people from power leveling and using 45's to do EVERYTHING. It would be more fun to farm lower levels using a character meant for that map, no?

The only draw back to this would be going back and doing quests or anything like that with a higher level character that missed out on those, and many more.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 08:27 AM
You know, there is a balance issue here. Some of these respawning maps are impossible if you are the appropriate level, but too easy for a level capped character. Some of the bosses seem to have been designed to be fought by level capped characters. For instance, in Vyxnaar's crypt the items dropped are between level 25 and 30. But players who are those levels can not defeat Vyxnaar. And every time you go there, there are level 45 players who are farming.

Have the devs created farming maps? Have they excluded the players who are just playing from these maps by making them for farmers?

I would like to see SOME maps that have a maximum level. If you want to farm in that hidden passage where meathead, skeller, etc., respawn, you would have to be the same level as the items that drop.

End of problem

FluffNStuff
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
The AFK boot after 5 minutes is a great idea, but if that is not on the radar, I suggest replacing the two mages with armor breaking skeletons. They would be week enough that anyone paying attention could kill them, but they would break enough armor for the bosses to kill the AFK nappers.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Instead of making the opposition harder because of unsportsmanlike behavior, why not just not let them in? We can farm Plasma with level 45s. Why not farm Zyla with level 19s?

Arterra
09-21-2010, 10:22 AM
why lock content? if you don't move every 5 mins you out.

I also say that you can ONLY roll for a item if you landed a hit on the enemy in question. that way it wont be watching tv with a stopwatch in hand lol. if they just stand there, NO ITEM FOR U!
also, saw Digital agin... sigh... he has zuraz, says he bought for 560k :/

Chickdigcookies
09-21-2010, 10:30 AM

I also say that you can ONLY roll for a item if you landed a hit on the enemy in question. that way it wont be watching tv with a stopwatch in hand lol. if they just stand there, NO ITEM FOR U!

OR this gave me an idea...

Only let the players within the loots lvl range, say (+-)2 roll for it....O:

BeardedBear
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM

I like the idea or not being able to roll if you don't land a blow on said boss. Would end this issue rather quickly.

FluffNStuff
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I like the idea or not being able to roll if you don't land a blow on said boss. Would end this issue rather quickly.

Thought I had posted but I guess I didn't. Anyway, two big problems with this. The first is Support Mages would be thing of the past, as they keep the team alive without landing blows. Also, it could turn into a free for all with everyone desperate to get in an attack sending strategy out the window. No more killing the bosses supports first.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
OR this gave me an idea...

Only let the players within the loots lvl range, say (+-)2 roll for it....O:

Exactly what I think is fair.

Arterra
09-21-2010, 04:26 PM
i see posts on content locked for certain people and levels, and do not like it. what if you miss it, just barely? do you really have to make another character with that dungeon in mind? the most i can see as acceptable would be better chance of landing items if at it's level range. that way your wish does not interfere with others.

also, you can attack once and immediately stop to not get aggro. OR they can fix the aggro system for tanks lol.

the main problem here are those people who take advantage of other people doing all the work and leeching off a pink, not that items drop for their wrong levels. Anybody should be able to farm any item as long as they want to put in the time for it. leeching itself happens in AO with noobs and in secret passage with afk's.
level isn't the issue, its people taking advantage of the game.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Good points, Arterra.

But I do think level plays a factor. Smileman can't just stand there and leech in a level 25 respawning map EXCEPT with a level 45 with Isis items. If you have a character who has the same level as the items that drop, I bet you couldn't go "afk" and leech things.

Vyvin
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
AFK FTW!!!!!!
no dont afk noobs or ill find you!
/Vyvin

Chickdigcookies
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/83ce97c3.jpg

Gaabob
09-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Away from keyboard=afk. Basically not playing, but you're still logged in or was logged in recently.

Vyvin
09-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Like how I was all night the other day in FC!
/Vyvin

KingFu
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Afc=away form computer
Afi= away from idevice ;)
Afk=away from keyboard
Afg= away from game
Afpl= awe from pocket legends ;)

Arterra
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
just afk works fine though lol...

Smileman can't just stand there and leech in a level 25 respawning map EXCEPT with a level 45 with Isis items.
really any str gear will do the trick. i deck out in thoth just to spam skills and look awesome to newbs :P

ANYWAY fix AFKing, but not really items. my future demon claw is far enough as it is...

Gaabob
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
on this forum or in the actual game hey and r u knew to the game also or just the forums?

In this context- the game. I'm fairly new I guess... Been playing for a month now (I think?). Been in forums for a week about.

Arterra
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
hey I've been playing for a little more than a month too! makes me feel noobish... (*_*)
-Imma warping you newb definition-

Raxie
09-22-2010, 04:00 AM
i've also seen a couple of people doing this too; i won't mention any names.
how about this solution; the enemies don't respawn. therefore, you have to remake every time the boss dies.

GaZz
09-22-2010, 05:07 AM
I've never understood why loot is shared out between ALL players anyway. If you've been involved in the kill either by dealing damage to the mob or buffing / debuff or healing the main damage dealer you share loot. If you've not hit the mob or been involved at all, no loot. End of story.

Standing at the edge of the room does not qualify for loot.

Arterra
09-22-2010, 06:46 AM
you cannot kick out of the passage since you cannot host it. why can't i host it? solves so many problems...

Chickdigcookies
09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/59830926.jpg

All 3 bosses on him and some trash mobs....and still not even getting hurt.

This was taken 5 minutes ago, so hes probably still in there.

Vyvin
09-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Afd disconnect!
Should be implemented!
/Vyvin

Chickdigcookies
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/7c0a1324.jpg

TwinkTastical
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah hes there 24/7 i told devs bout leeching problem (justg) and he blew me off :|

Warchanter
09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2072/pl001.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/i/pl001.jpg/)

Why ? This is BOTTING..Should be against the Rules!!

yesIManoob
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/chicksdigcookies/59830926.jpg

All 3 bosses on him and some trash mobs....and still not even getting hurt.

This was taken 5 minutes ago, so hes probably still in there.

I joined a game in the exact same map and place and there were like 3 people crowded in the corner of the room and a lvl 45 guy was just standing there in the middle, getting swarmed by the bosses. I didn't realize what was going on at first until I saw some level 7 mage trying to kill the bosses while the lvl 45 warrior was "tanking". It was REALLY funny though, as it took the mage literally 15 minutes to almost kill one of the bosses, after which it just healed itself.

Snakespeare
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
OK, bots, think. You have to kill the bosses or you won't get any pinks!

Kite the bosses down the hall. That's what I do. Sometimes one of them follows me. Then they play for a while.

jonboy
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Any player that is within "range" of a boss kill, will have their own roll triggered, against their own loot table (for that boss).

This occurs for each player that had their roll triggered.

Arterra
09-28-2010, 08:15 PM
OK, bots, think. You have to kill the bosses or you won't get any pinks!

Kite the bosses down the hall. That's what I do. Sometimes one of them follows me. Then they play for a while.

O.O genius!!! LETS TAKE THE LOOT FROM THE LOOTERS!!!!

setec
09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Is this being fixed or what? Just had a convo with a player who was telling us all he was going to bed and then kept his char in the center of the boss room. He said "I hope I get some pinks tonight". Why are we letting players drop leech?

Snakespeare
09-29-2010, 08:17 AM
O.O genius!!! LETS TAKE THE LOOT FROM THE LOOTERS!!!!

Credit where it's due. Blame this one on Chickdigcookies. He made me do it! LOL!

Duke
09-30-2010, 06:29 AM
How about: if a character is inactive (doesn't move, attack, or use a skill) for 5+ minutes, it simply no longer gains XP, gold, or items? Once the character does something, it's eligible for all three again.

setec
09-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Looks like the fixed this by adding extra enemies in the room.

Snakespeare
09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
How about: if a character is inactive (doesn't move, attack, or use a skill) for 5+ minutes, it simply no longer gains XP, gold, or items? Once the character does something, it's eligible for all three again.

I like this idea.

Royce
09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Looks like the fixed this by adding extra enemies in the room.

How would that fix it. A level 45 warrior's armor is too high to even be damaged by the bosses, so additional mobs would have no effect whatsoever. The only sensible fix is an automatic disconnect for players after 5 min or so afk.

Tailless
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
The 2 ideas I think would best rectify this situation are the either
1.You have to land a hit on the boss to get loot or 2. No activity for 5 min will get you booted from map
With #1 it would have the added benefit of when a level 10 goes to a map too high for him he couldn't get any of the loot because all his attacks would miss. Now you could also include all regular mobs but as a mage I can say I don't always have a chance to hit every single mob because I'm usually playing a support roll. In my opinion the Boss/Lesser Bosses should be the only ones that this applies to. The Dev's could also make it so they wouldn't get Loot,Gold or XP if they wanted to stop the Power Leveling.
#2 I think might be a little bit more fair to all involved and would fix the problem of people going AFK to just leech loot but would not affect Power Leveling or low levels leeching XP/Loot in higher maps.