PDA

View Full Version : Read this before posting about Scammers

Artemis
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Since there has been such a high amount of threads about scammers, I felt the need to make this thread.

Do NOT post threads saying something like "Beware of ____! He scams! -insert screenshot here-". This will only get your thread locked, and will probably get you trolled. Instead, report him by clicking on, then clicking report, or typing "/report <CharacterName>". If you absolutely have to take a screenie, you can send it to support@spacetimestudios.com.

Thank You. :)

XghostzX
01-06-2013, 07:29 PM
You woke up with hair like that o_O...? Dang, GURL! Yew a boss.

Deadbite
01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
The /report <name> has never done nothing for me. Ill add screen shot and send it and still see the guy scamming or something a few days later..,

dudetus
01-06-2013, 07:50 PM
But what if the community deserves to know?

drewcapu
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
to support@spacetimestudies.com

spacetimestudies.com ?

Otukura
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM

yes yes

Noodleleg
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
You woke up with hair like that o_O...? Dang, GURL! Yew a boss.

Nice try, but she ain't immortalizin' yo ash!

lakersrockftw
01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Lol I told the scammer that's new you can get banned but he said he doesn't give about game and wants to bother people.

Artemis
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM

Deserves to know of 1 scammer? The devs will handle it if you just report it.

NotYoCookiez
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
The devs can't insta ban a person as soon as you report them, within that time frame from the report and their official ban they could still scam people and that money will be forever gone... :,(

Roc
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I think if the scammer continues for a while (or is particularly clever and may scam the most vigilant person), the community should be made AWARE of it, but not specifically WHO. If the scam is described well enough, and we maybe know the first letter of the scammer's name, we can work with the rules and still be able to identify in-game who it is....especially if they are spamming their scam aloud!

nomad187
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
There is no such things as getting scammed. Just stupid people.

If they are gonna double your money, then you show 50k, they put in 100k and you make the trade. If they refuse to do it that way, then you don't give them money.

The do a switch at trade?? The you didn't review before confirming. That's a you problem.

You gave something, expecting something in return later?? Again, that's a you problem.

In ALL cases, don't trust anyone, period. Protect yourself before you make an irrational decision.

Roc
01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
There is no such things as getting scammed. Just stupid people.

If they are gonna double your money, then you show 50k, they put in 100k and you make the trade. If they refuse to do it that way, then you don't give them money.

The do a switch at trade?? The you didn't review before confirming. That's a you problem.

You gave something, expecting something in return later?? Again, that's a you problem.

In ALL cases, don't trust anyone, period. Protect yourself before you make an irrational decision.

I don't disagree that being aware is the answer, but the "can't trust anyone" mindset can really be a downer in a game about playing with other people :miserable: especially when sometimes it is even the case that you can't trust guild members. This game has a lot of young players, who I wouldn't call stupid but inexperienced (and killer-commas can get the best of anyone...even with rigorous zero counting XD ).

Maybe it's necessary (it'd be an itty bit funny) if there was a warning on that popped up before a trade that said "Do you trust this person? Are they trying to rip you off? Is it too good to be true?" If the in-place safety nets (like trade confirmation) don't help people, it's hard to combat crafty scammers besides reporting :fatigue:

Artemis
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
This thread wasn't made as a debate, it was made to inform the new members. Now, if you could stay on topic.

WoundedEagle
01-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Since there has been such a high amount of threads about scammers, I felt the need to make this thread.

Do NOT post threads saying something like "Beware of ____! He scams! -insert screenshot here-". This will only get your thread locked, and will probably get you trolled. Instead, report him by clicking on the offender, then clicking report, or typing "/report <CharacterName>". If you absolutely have to take a screenie, you can send it to support@spacetimestudios.com.

Lets also note that nifty website: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/home located at the top of the forums..

spacetimestudies.com ?

That's where I get my test answers.

25thninja
01-06-2013, 11:10 PM
spacetimestudies.com ?That's where I get my test answers.

I might need to check it out ;D

nomad187
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
high amount of threads about scammers

@roc I don't disagree with you. Knowledge overrules the don't trust anyone theory. It's hard not to trust the ones you play with everyday, but it is wise not to trust the ones you don't really talk to much, or never talk to at all. I'm more apt to loan someone gold that I run with everyday, then those that I never do. I guess instead of saying don't trust anyone, I should say watch your back at all times. Think it over before hitting confirm.

@Artemis Your first line says "high amount of threads about scammers" You then give a way to report said scammers. What I said deals with preventing said scam. If the only topic this thread is about is how to report said scam, then ask to have your thread moved to the guide section. Because you stated the problem, then how to deal with it. There is no further discussion needed at that point.

If the topic is how to deal with scammers, then I feel my post was entirely on topic.

There are two ways to deal with scammers. Prevent them, or report them.

Not saying any of this rudely, so please don't take it that way. :D

Rushorgtfo
01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Would if we list many scammers? Therefore making the thread useful. Or even better, a thread of all the Pl rushers in the game so people know who to boot.

Artemis
01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
@roc I don't disagree with you. Knowledge overrules the don't trust anyone theory. It's hard not to trust the ones you play with everyday, but it is wise not to trust the ones you don't really talk to much, or never talk to at all. I'm more apt to loan someone gold that I run with everyday, then those that I never do. I guess instead of saying don't trust anyone, I should say watch your back at all times. Think it over before hitting confirm.

@Artemis Your first line says "high amount of threads about scammers" You then give a way to report said scammers. What I said deals with preventing said scam. If the only topic this thread is about is how to report said scam, then ask to have your thread moved to the guide section. Because you stated the problem, then how to deal with it. There is no further discussion needed at that point.

If the topic is how to deal with scammers, then I feel my post was entirely on topic.

There are two ways to deal with scammers. Prevent them, or report them.

Not saying any of this rudely, so please don't take it that way. :D

Honestly, this thread was made because I got annoyed with all the Scammer threads, Lol. I made it to inform those that post those threads that it is pointless, and the proper way to report them.

Rushorgtfo
01-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I think if your stupid enough to get scammed you deserve to be scammed.

Energizer12
01-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Its sad to see there is now a scammer community it breaks me :(

TEOKILLO
01-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Idk but recently ive been seeing more and more doubling gold ppl in town

LwMark
01-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Yes 6/10 times i wana ive joined cs theres been some sort spammer

dudetus
01-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Would if we list many scammers? Therefore making the thread useful. Or even better, a thread of all the Pl rushers in the game so people know who to boot.

Wise words from a wise man.

billybob1
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM

Ill duble ur goild babe..just give meh ur email n pw..plus ill add 2000 plat ty come again

The Happiness
01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
There have always been loud and obnoxious people in PL who attempt to do poor deals. It isn't a new thing and, to be honest, if people didn't advertise them as scammers and give them credit for what they are doing, there would probably be far fewer. Baiting them and giving them kudos just encourages them. We each have a report and a mute button. Just use them and carry on playing your game. No need to make a fuss over it. STS have made it extremely easy for people to trade honestly with one another. If you choose to trade out of those terms then you bring about your own downfall. Also, we are not judge and jury to other players. We do not have all the facts at our fingertips with which to make informed decisions. That is one reason why STS do not like you to advertise individual people's names on the forums. If you believe you are a responsible person, report the person you believe to be a problem in game, mute them if you don't want to hear them and move on. Don't feed the trolls please.

KingFu
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
It didn't work! Darn!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82074-Attention!-Scammer!

I thought all the issues were finally resolved.

Artemis
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
why cant we say who scams? think dude is right and we needto know

No "we" do not. It is useless because all that will happen is you will make yourself look like a noob. The devs will ban them, and that is all. The same thing that will happen if you just report them. Like someone already said, if you are stupid enough to get scammed, then you deserved it.

25thninja
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
The point of this post is not to make anyone feel dumb, i apologize if you take offense, but here is my opinion

The /report <name> has never done nothing for me. Ill add screen shot and send it and still see the guy scamming or something a few days later..,

Good idea, no need for embarrasment

Why would they deserve to know? If you report them, they should "disapear"

Lol I told the scammer that's new you can get banned but he said he doesn't give about game and wants to bother people.

Simply mute, report, leave. Problem sloved :)

Embarrasment is not usefull, and honestly, people will not memorize names off of forums and see one of them and go omg!
Rushers are... Off topic

HALLELUJAH

why cant we say who scams? think dude is right and we needto know

Like i said before, are you really going to memorize the names of every person put on forums that you dissaprove?

Again, not trying to call anyone out, just stating my opinion

Artemis
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
The point of this post is not to make anyone feel dumb, i apologize if you take offense, but here is my opinion

Embarrasment is not usefull, and honestly, people will not memorize names off of forums and see one of them and go omg!
Rushers are... Off topic

HALLELUJAH

Like i said before, are you really going to memorize the names of every person put on forums that you dissaprove?

I love you.

25thninja
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I love you.

Haha, i get that alot ;)

Artemis
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Haha, i get that alot ;)

Wow okay fine don't say it back. :p

25thninja
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Can't sorry gf wouldnt be too thrilled

dudetus
01-08-2013, 04:42 AM

Rushers are... Off topic

HALLELUJAH

Damn u r so smart.

Alalakcity
01-08-2013, 05:11 AM
i can't read sorry bro :D

25thninja
01-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Best u can have is a thanks and some :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Artemis
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
i can't read sorry bro :D

I don't get it.

25thninja
01-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't get it.

Me neither... :confused:

Caiahar
01-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Honestly, I think I saw a guild called, " Elite Scamming Community".

Multibird
01-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Do Scammers/Hackers exist in this game?? Oh my, what has happened to the beautiful PL community :apologetic:

Artemis
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Me neither... :confused:

I think we have a wannabe dudetus over here. Lol

dudetus
01-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I think we have a wannabe dudetus over here. Lol

U have no idea how frequently I get randomly PMed or in GC "COEM AT ME BOR". I'm one of the cool kids now. All I need now is a fancy shield with a crown in it.

Hadesofshadow
01-10-2013, 07:42 AM
gotta love how every thread gets derailed after 2 pages

dudetus
01-10-2013, 09:13 AM
gotta love how every thread gets derailed after 2 pages

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk