PDA

View Full Version : Should i hang my gloves?

spiderpig
01-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Flaws

1. too many farmers=too many items farmed
2.too many items farmed=cheap items
3.cheap items=less time to gear up
4.less time to gear up=best gears in no time
5.best gears in a week=waiting for i dont know what im waiting maybe ill just stop playing and sell my best gears for profit and wait for prices to drop and then gear up and then what now?

PVP? just like the lower haunlet..its a rumor :) (just kidding!)

another level cap?nah..1-2 days of grinding wont solve anything

we want to hear from you devs

make at least one official statement fo whats coming in the future with dates so we will have something to make us excited

Limsi
01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
For your first "flaw point", I understand it as you seeing the high number of players farming for drops as a bad thing. How is the player count a flaw? Are you hoping for a fewer number of players who should be able to farm for elite items and be the sole source of these so that the flow of the items on the market would somehow be controlled and limited?

I believe that you are longing for something that would challenge you more, like hardcore raids and series of dungeon runs that would need the best strategy and teamwork to complete even after acquiring the best gears in store for you. Do understand that the game is still under its early stages and that everything would fall into pieces properly if given the right amount of time. The promised phase of update is within the range of 1-3 months, which definitely is a short time compared to some of the previous titles in which would really equate to the fast decline and unstable prices of elite items.

As for the 1-2 days cap grinding, it lies within your hands. If you want to prolong your grinding time and reach the elite cap within a week or a month, I suggest you limit the exp you would have to attain in order to fit your desired schedule.

Since the recent update has only been around for 2-3 weeks, I really don't see the point for the devs to make another announcement of the upcoming expansion, but then it's just me.

P.S. : Quitting on a game that has been around for not more than 5 months seems funny, I suggest you cool down for a while and try breaking the cycle of your usual playing style. ;)

Dragonrider023
01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Lower hauntlet, it exist??? it has achivement. :cower:

Rare
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Uhm... I don't know that I agree with anything you mentioned.

1. This is not the case
2. This is not the case. THe best gear in the game is still pushing over 500k for a set. In some cases well over 1m.
3. See 2.
4. See 2.
5. Uhmmm maybe do like the others you are complaining about and farm? That's one option.

Cap? How many toons do you have? If you only grinded one or two days to cap multiple toons... hats off to you. But I hope the devs don't cater to the super hardcore. Else the mass majority will lose interest.

Bless
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
If u got an elite pink, obviously you would equip or sell, and not give it away to L10s. So now - what point are you tryin to make?

BodMaster
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
It's pretty impossible to control the market with this kind of player base. I've only seen this done once in my time with StS. And in the end they admitted to putting in 100s/1000s of their own money. (SL)

P.S. : Quitting on a game that has been around for not more than 5 months seems funny

Full release, was the 13th November.

spiderpig
01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Ive got three lvl 21s two warriors fully geared with PSP..and one rogue fully geared with ALP plus enuf gold..i know i am wrong with all the flaws i have mentioned but for me that was all the observation ive made so far.. I also know devs are doing the best theyve got..my hats off for giving us the best mmo for handheld device..its just that i am bored :)

spiderpig
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Im a demonlord guy but my point with fully geared is not the demonlords..im wrong tho saying 200k-300k..its more on the 450-600..

spiderpig
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
@limsyoker theres nothing good on tv.. im waiting for champions league and world cup qualifiers..nothing to cool me down :(

Rasittt
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
how's it there's less time to gear up? my problem is the drop rate/way in the game..elite gold chests are very rare, good pink drops are even extremely rare..i just find myself wasting time, looking for good drops from chests..you can't even sell them anymore, it's pointles..they go for as low as 35k.

But....You're right. Even if i got the best armor, weapon, gear or set up or whatsoever.. There's nothing to look forward to in the game..Then it would be even more boring, i guess that's the case for you..So I'm guessing pvp will be the only possible way resolve this for a lot of players..I'm just waiting for the pvp, before I decide to quit the game.

N00B
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
how's it there's less time to gear up? my problem is the drop rate/way in the game..elite gold chests are very rare, good pink drops are even extremely rare..i just find myself wasting time, looking for good drops from chests..you can't even sell them anymore, it's pointles..they go for as low as 35k.

But....You're right. Even if i got the best armor, weapon, gear or set up or whatsoever.. There's nothing to look forward to in the game..Then it would be even more boring, i guess that's the case for you..So I'm guessing pvp will be the only possible way resolve this for a lot of players..I'm just waiting for the pvp, before I decide to quit the game.

Just quit... Don't forget to give me your gears...

grunt226
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
The problem is, that the only thing to do is farm. If you are lucky enough to know some good people then you could go for lb. But if you are casual and can't find a good guild, then all there really is to do is farm gear... but prices have dropped so dramatically that it's not even worth it in most cases and frustrating to try and make a decent profit.

Now if sts made the maps a little different, so that all maps had a some what similar time frame to get to bosses, then I think that would make the over all experience more dynamic. But if you want to farm... heck, if you want to play any elites then the only choices you have is village and towers, unless you form a group of people who want to enjoy the content and aren't concerned about the time/chest ratio which is maybe a small percentage of the player base... people's mentality is why waste time over there when you can clear a boss at village in 1 minute or towers in 4. Sts needs to re evaluate their loot distribution system as well, give elite bosses a higher chance at dropping legendaries and possible assigning specific items to specific bosses... this will give a specific goal for a specific purpose. Want to farm alp, farm this boss, want psp, farm that boss... but as it stands, all you farm is the same 2 bosses over and over for chests that may drop something you need but most likely will drop worthless junk.

I really hope they re evaluate the overall loot system in coming patches, otherwise this game will get stale insanely quick. It's a shame too, because it has so much potential, but as it stands, we seem to be locked into a cycle that only allows us to really experience a small percentage of the game. Most mmos don't even start until end game... this one has almost completely ended. I'm trying to stay motivated to play, but it's disheartening every time I zone in to any elite map besides tower/village and not another single person comes for 5 minutes or when I ask in town for people interested in alternative maps and the only responses I get are "it's a waste of time" or "why go there when you can do village for easy loot" .

I'm not writing this game off yet, because it is new, but there are some fundamental features that need to be changed, else all this game will offer is a level grind and then the boring repetition of a couple maps that can be done blind folded in a few minutes.

Rasittt
01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Just quit... Don't forget to give me your gears...

don't worry i'll get you a snaggletooth

digitalbot
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
since a rouge can be dominate and this isn't the way a mmo should be 'i had already hung my gloves. done and done.
anyways order and chaos rules, they always updating and on theyre grind.

Astrocat
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Yes you should. Remember, it's winter. Outside = freezing! So, hang on your gloves, ATM. :D

ProSophist
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
There really is only one question you should be asking yourself: Do I have fun playing this game? If the answer is no, then yea, you probably should. Or you can always take a break.

Mrbananaz
01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
since a rouge can be dominate and this isn't the way a mmo should be 'i had already hung my gloves. done and done.
anyways order and chaos rules, they always updating and on theyre grind.

OaC is so boring for me. sts pvp is really fun, while its not fun at all to lvl in OaC, waste of $7 IMO.

BodMaster
01-08-2013, 01:05 AM
OnC is no place for Droid users they treat us like crap.

TheStoic
01-08-2013, 03:04 AM
Why not give out all your millions in one GRAND CONTEST. That will be fun! Once its over, your thirst for gold will return and you will farm again like you were before.

Rare
01-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Now if sts made the maps a little different, so that all maps had a some what similar time frame to get to bosses, then I think that would make the over all experience more dynamic. But if you want to farm... heck, if you want to play any elites then the only choices you have is village and towers,

Meh... I have a totally different experience than you. I general join pugs in elite and they always fill up. Of course, people leave half way through. But they do that in Tower anyway.

But I would definitely try to find a good guild or make some good friends. I'm always open to new friends and would be happy to run with new people. And I will keep running if you are good :)

Find me ig Rare/Common

Rare
01-08-2013, 09:03 AM

I laughed

*Zero*
01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I capped first day of update. Geared in 2-3 days. I'm not at all bored because I found this secret map, its called Familyville.

Seriously though the devs I'm sure have alot of stuff on the way. Patience young one.

Drizzid
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM
If you're not havin fun; don't play.

I don't see why you need advice on this, it's really simple.

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Maybe try making contest with your guild or help noobish players, there are many things you can do besides make this thread.