PDA

View Full Version : Large No. of Chests = Large No. of Pinks

Infrico
01-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is true but apparently I've heard that if you collect some chests and then open it rather than opening it one by one as soon as you get it, there is a higher chance of receiving a pink. If this is true, this assumes that when a chest is obtained, what is actually inside it changes over time. I tried this when the level 21 cap update for the first time collected 8 silvers and for the first time ever I received two awesome pinks, (vorpal sword of tactics sold for 250k and mighty heartseekers of brutality sold for 640k). During the level 16 cap, I literally went through about 45 elites straight, dropped 1 frikin legendary item lol.

I'm not sure if this is mere coincidence or if this is actually the case.

Bless
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Rumors....

-_- forums are filled with drama...

Raxin
01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Its an illusion from taking a larger sample...

Ungbak
01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Rumors....

-_- forums are filled with drama...

true that. better dance with me than spreading some rumors!

Energizeric
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Dude, it's random. Drops are random, and chests are random. I think people just don't understand what random means. There's always rumors about how to get better drops, or where and how you should open your chests. Maybe you should eat fried chicken before you open your chests (a little funny baseball reference for anyone who can remember what I'm referring to). Who knows... but maybe none of that matters and it's just random. LOL

N00B
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Should I tell you that I opened one single silver chest becuz I was going to bed and got an agile lifethief of potency that later I sold for 1m?

Energizeric
01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Should I tell you that I opened one single silver chest becuz I was going to bed and got an agile lifethief of potency that later I sold for 1m?

That must be it! Open your chests right before you go to bed. That must be the trick to getting better items! haha..

What kind of pajamas were you wearing? maybe that matters too!

Rasittt
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
wrong..i opened 20 elite golds and got crap..I still don't buy the whole "total random" concept but opening a few or 50 won't make a difference..

Jcyee
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
It's random. It just seems like you get more pinks when you open a bunch all at once because you get a few all at once instead of receiving them one by one throughout the time that you farm

Raxin
01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
It is not random STS loves me and hates you :-P

Astrocat
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
False. The thing is, you have to keep them all. Wait for midnight, then go in your garden or backyard, of course, in underwear at EXACTLY midnight. Wait for the first minute to pass, then dance and jump around like a donkey shouting ''I will survive!'' until you get tired. Once this is done, go into your kitchen and make some toasty bacon. Eat em, then shake your device as hard as possible. That being said, you can now open the chests. 1 pink per chest, GUARANTEED. Try it amigo, it ALWAYS works. Good luck!

Infrico
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
False. The thing is, you have to keep them all. Wait for midnight, then go in your garden or backyard, of course, in underwear at EXACTLY midnight. Wait for the first minute to pass, then dance and jump around like a donkey shouting ''I will survive!'' until you get tired. Once this is done, go into your kitchen and make some toasty bacon. Eat em, then shake your device as hard as possible. That being said, you can now open the chests. 1 pink per chest, GUARANTEED. Try it amigo, it ALWAYS works. Good luck!

Looool. Well thought so, didnt really make sense to me to.

Ungbak
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM

Astro, you always make me laugh. are you a stand up comedian? :banana: *dancing i will survive*

Astrocat
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Astro, you always make me laugh. are you a stand up comedian? :banana: *dancing i will survive*

Lol it's actually a good song. Lemme dance with ya! 22708

Ungbak
01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Lol it's actually a good song. Lemme dance with ya! 22708

Nice dancing moves man! Love the Halo suit! :D

Astrocat
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Nice dancing moves lady/sis! Love the Halo suit! :D

Fixed! :D

Ungbak
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Fixed! :D

omg don't tell me yer a girl??????? for real?:hypnotysed:

Astrocat
01-07-2013, 06:36 PM
omg don't tell me yer a girl??????? for real?:hypnotysed:

Yes, indeed.

Melodicdeath
01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
There's no science behind the drop rate of chests or the likely hood of scoring a pink out of one. Everything is completely random. I've received all greens out of an elite gold and a pink from a copper. Some believe if you sit on your chests for a period time oppose to opening them right away, you'll be more likely to receive a pink. Others believe if you open them right away your chances are better....none of it is true. Its all wishful thinking :) If you tickle Jarl the right way he may drop ya Snaggle though wink*

raphaellatoreno
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
i think its random, i have 2 elite banded copper chest and when i open them i receive a Charward Rod of Assault lvl21

Mrbananaz
01-08-2013, 12:30 AM
its totally random and if you think about it, the items inside shouldnt change. i would think that the devs/mods make 5mil+ chests toghether putting random items in random chests, just like skittles. (the skittles term was stolen from a thread in sl drops from mobs) the higher the chest value, the higher the chances of dropping a good item. if you reach into a skittles bag, and they put less green than red because more people like green than red, they buy more than one bag so they can get more green skittles. if you open a chest, and you get what you want, its a green skittle. if its garbage, its a red skittle. thats why more chests drop before a new update, because they need to get rid of as much of the skittles as possible. hope this wasnt too hard to read.

TheStoic
01-08-2013, 03:11 AM
My practice has been to collect elite chests but once I got a golden chest, I stop farming and open. And the cycle repeats. But the contents do change, I farmed normal village hoping to get Esteban but I got lots of normal golden and silver chests. I traded these with my other toon (a level 10 rogue) and it got lvl 10 pink items.

nicoB
01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
So ya he chest thing. chests seem to work like slot machines and the skittle explanation above. wat you get is randon but there is a certain number of kinds of pinks. blues. greans. and commons at each lvl in the game so there is a precent chance that you can get any one item at any time. so I'm guess that it is true that if you open like 8 silver shest at once instead of one at a time you would be more likely to get a pink item. t. its not very in depth but its wat i think and wat i do and it works out great for me. About the rumor about waiting to open chest and opening right away...it doesnt matter its radom. And they arent pre loaded with the loot the moment it drops i think. anything is possible

Mrbananaz
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
So ya he chest thing. chests seem to work like slot machines and the skittle explanation above. wat you get is randon but there is a certain number of kinds of pinks. blues. greans. and commons at each lvl in the game so there is a precent chance that you can get any one item at any time. so I'm guess that it is true that if you open like 8 silver shest at once instead of one at a time you would be more likely to get a pink item. t. its not very in depth but its wat i think and wat i do and it works out great for me. About the rumor about waiting to open chest and opening right away...it doesnt matter its radom. And they arent pre loaded with the loot the moment it drops i think. anything is possible

exactly. it just seems like you get more pinks because you open 7 at one time rather than opening one at a time

Arcanee
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
rumor

Darkgenocide
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I heard if you Go Left Left Left Right Left Up Down Left Left then you give me all the items you have in your invintory and all your gold, you will get nothing but pinks over and over again... it works...trust me :P

spiderpig
02-09-2013, 11:57 AM
i just dropped 3m gold on chests and it did give me a few significant pinks for a while.now, im down to my last 200k.dont ask me what happened.

abrai
02-09-2013, 12:23 PM
All claims above are false especially about opening the chests before sleeping. It's the opposite. Open the chest the moment you wake up and DO NOT WEAR PAJAMAS! Pajamas give -50% chance of bad luck.

Asahetek
02-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Its random and lucked based same days you might get a lot others you might not get anything for awhile , which lately haven't had any luck .

Jessicazx
02-10-2013, 02:34 AM
I opened 24 silver chests and 19 golden chests together and got 4 pinks which were worth 2k in total T_T

Valsacar
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm sitting on a ton of them, waiting for the new level cap, hopefully I'll get 1 good pink out of the almost 200 I have :P

Chaozedong
02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm sitting on a ton of them, waiting for the new level cap, hopefully I'll get 1 good pink out of the almost 200 I have :P

Now this interests me. Did this work out the same way last time they increases the level cap? i.e. Did the items in the (old) chests scale to your higher level?

Valsacar
02-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Now this interests me. Did this work out the same way last time they increases the level cap? i.e. Did the items in the (old) chests scale to your higher level?

If you open a Elite Gold Chest (not banded) does it scale to your level? If you get a chest (elite, normal, banded or not) at level 20 and open it at 21 does it scale? The chests are just a chest, there's nothing in them. When you open it is when the 3 random rolls get made.

Sky../
02-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Agreed. Each chest does not contain a predetermined item. Rather, it containts a chance to roll for an item that's on a drop list table. For a chest to have predetermined items inside, every single chest must be "serial numbered" so devs can actually link a specific chest to a specific item. Then each of these chest must be consciously added to each boss, so that a boss will not drop a wrong pink. Too much work, too complicated.

Chaozedong
02-10-2013, 04:38 PM
So what you are saying is that the current elite banded chests will give out lvl 25-26 demon gear (if you keep them untill then)?

Szangheili
02-10-2013, 04:52 PM
I heard if you eat cubed cheese on a silver platter with a sombrero on your head dancing the cucaracha song and open a copper chest, you'll get 3 pinks!!