PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Threads

nomad187
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I've noticed a couple threads that were deleted. Both of them expressed displeasure about the current state of the game. While threads that turned into a flame war are just locked.

Is there a reason for this?? I'm curious to know the mods/devs reasoning for this.

MightyMicah
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Theory #1- It's a conspiracy. The devs don't want the truth about their horrible-state game being spread.
Theory #2- Countless threads never amount to anything. The devs are aware of the state of the game and they don't want players being riled up for no reason.
Theory #3- The devs don't know why the heck they do that. They just do. They're as inconsistent on forums as they are in game.

You decide :D

The Happiness
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I've noticed a couple threads that were deleted. Both of them expressed displeasure about the current state of the game. While threads that turned into a flame war are just locked.

Is there a reason for this?? I'm curious to know the mods/devs reasoning for this.

I think one of the ones you are talking about was very badly translated into English and really didn't make much sense. It wasn't constructive and was heading towards mass trolling and flaming. It was no doubt for the best that it was pulled. But, I do remember another thread of a similar theme also removed. It does make you wonder...

nomad187
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Theory #3- The devs don't know why the heck they do that. They just do. They're as inconsistent on forums as they are in game.

I LOLed.

@happiness That is the one that made me write this. The guy stated in the beginning that he was French, and was using Google translator. Anyone that actually read it, got what what he was saying. The ones that didn't are the ones that started flaming.

It wasn't the only one. I've seen a couple recently that vanished. Just seems suspect to me. Why not lock it, and the others? Why delete those, but not the actual flame wars, or calling out scammer threads.

Justg
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
We moderate pretty heavily to minimize drama. This does include deleting rage-posts. And locking threads... like... this.