PDA

View Full Version : Can a team of level 30 players beat the Frozen Nightmare

Snakespeare
09-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Was this made for level 45 farmers? That is what the rest of the players seem to think. If you take a level 30 there you get booted. And I can't blame them, since all my level 30 does is die repeatedly. And he's a pure tank now. But I did encounter a few people who were trying to actually play it with level 30s.

Is anyone having any success at that?

Or should we all just be safe and play our 45s?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Was this made for level 45 farmers? That is what the rest of the players seem to think. If you take a level 30 there you get booted. And I can't blame them, since all my level 30 does is die repeatedly. And he's a pure tank now. But I did encounter a few people who were trying to actually play it with level 30s.

Is anyone having any success at that?

Or should we all just be safe and play our 45s?

Let's be safe ;)

BrainWreck
09-21-2010, 12:11 AM
I've been tryin it with my twink lv30 Mage almost have full brainfreze set and still pretty hard but it was only me and one other person. I think if a full team of skilled lv30s can beat it with good teamwork. I'm willin to be on that team if anyone is interested in trying

Cascade
09-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Let's rock that map with lvl 30's I have a lvl 23 pally that I'm lvling...I would definitely be willing to rock that map when I'm lvl 30

BrainWreck
09-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Sounds
Good anyone else down to participate?

Royce
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
It's only slightly more challenging than the old swamps if you have good enough gear. If people get excited and draw too much attention, you gon' die. However, with a tank that knows how to pull, archers that know how to target, and mages with constant heals and debuffs, it's doable. I've done it a few times over the past few days with 30ish teams (people will die, there will be a wipe or two). It's a lot of fun if the team knows how to play, pretty rough if they don't. Unfortunately, a lot of the level 45s who play with the 30s get the mobs all riled up without realizing that the whole party of 30s will be annihilated. The 45s playing with 30s generally have good intentions I think (at least they're better than booters), but they cause a lot of disruption. I'm starting a nightmare running team of 30s. I've been talking about it for a while, and it is happening, just too busy to get the post/group going yet.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 07:35 AM
I am thinking that this may be one campaign that should have a maximum level. Anyone higher than 30 can't enter. Just thinking...

Because it is not a nightmare for a level 45, which defeats the whole purpose.

Xviperr
09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
just a silly question, how to tell if the items are from NIGHTMARE or LOST EXPEDITION?

Banned
09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
I kinda agree with you, but it's not going to happen. The devs have already taken a stance against restricting content that players pay for, and it doesn't seem like they'll be changing their mindset anytime soon.

And yeah, FN does seem do-able with a full on twink team. After all, we did manage to survive those crazy swamps. ;)

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know where the devs took a stance against restricting levels? I would like to attempt a serious defense of the opposing viewpoint. Thanks. I believe level restrictions can be shown to be profitable.

Chickdigcookies
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
just a silly question, how to tell if the items are from NIGHTMARE or LOST EXPEDITION?

hmm the Eliete weapons cry. Like they melt and stuff. Staffs have crystal...? And most Eliete Loot have 6 MS or 6 HS

Banned
09-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know where the devs took a stance against restricting levels? I would like to attempt a serious defense of the opposing viewpoint. Thanks. I believe level restrictions can be shown to be profitable.

Use the search tool. There are tons of threads requesting a level restriction on campaigns, and there are tons of replies from the devs saying no.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm not challenging the truth of what you said, banned. I know you have been here since the start! :-)

I just want to make a strong argument and I would like to find what their argument is so I can address it directly.

thanks so much,

Snakes

Royce
09-21-2010, 11:29 AM

For pinks, it's pretty easy. Brain Freeze, Iceberg, and Shivering items are from FN. Dreamer's, Mastery, Conqueror's, Legend, Sniper's, Jewel Thief ice gear is from LE. For stuff lower than pinks, it's hard to tell, though some items are unique, others are not, and there are some items that have identical looks and name from both campaigns, but better stats from FN. I already placed a suggestion about this in my upgrade the looks of the FN gear thread (which they did within hours of my posting :D )

Royce
09-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Ugh, so I just had another level 45s ruining FN experience. This level 45 tank kept rushing into the chamber with a boss, mutant smurf, and a ton of mobs, he died, and kept asking for rez. The trooper that I am, I kept running in there and rezing him, only to die because the other 45s on the team were standing around completely uncoordinated. After running back several times to rez the bear and getting no help from the rest of the team I quit. Still, FN is a ton of fun for 30s, you just have to find the right games. I wish 45s would stop trying to play it like it is Lost Expedition or something though...

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I will sway you to my point-of-view in due time... Or maybe THEY will! LOL!

My point-of-view is, "It's not elite unless it is level capped at 30."

Royce
09-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I will sway you to my point-of-view in due time... Or maybe THEY will! LOL!

My point-of-view is, "It's not elite unless it is level capped at 30."

I'll never agree with that :P
The campaign is elite, and a team of level 30s brave enough to take it on without quitting after the first wipe is also elite. Anyone who runs that campaign with a 45 is not elite (Well, they could be, but they certainly aren't looking to prove it). Anyway, I have played in a couple of mixed 30/45 games where the 45s knew what they were doing, pulled mobs one or two at a time, etc. But yeah, that's a minority.