PDA

View Full Version : Deciding which way i should PvP

ArcanePlayz
01-08-2013, 05:29 AM
The term 'rushing' started half way thru Pocket Legends. Rushing gets you a lot of kills because you dont have to wait for others to say go or wait for their health/mana regen to full. Since its a new STS game its hard to imagine PvP. So when PvP comes out, are you going to rush or play normally?

Limsi
01-08-2013, 05:50 AM
I'll probably run and gun depending on my opponent's style of play. If he throws a stone at me, I'll throw one back. However if in the next respawn he shoots a gun, I'd be glad to fire an RPG.

Infrico
01-08-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm just gonna run in there like Leeroy Jenkins and tear anything thats steps up to me! You feel me!??

Mrsberry
01-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Rushing would actualy be the normal way to play. Turn based pvp was created by the players not the developers. I Think pvp will be more DL style there isnt much turn based pvp there. Turn based pvp just causes extra drama cause if someone starts befor you say go it turns into an argument. Im hope the players dont start turned based in AL its just realy boring.

Drizzid
01-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Your second last sentence answered your question for you.

No one has any idea what they are going to do about pvp. It's still ~a month away so there's no point in speculating on what might be.

Things will evolve eventually and unwritten rules will be implemented, you're just going to have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Astrocat
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm just gonna wait to ask myself these. PvP ain't even out.

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm just gonna wait to ask myself these. PvP ain't even out.

So am I.........

Astrocat
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
S am I.........

Well thanks kind sir, at least i'm not the only one that chooses the ''reality'' instead of ''future''? :p

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Well thanks kind sir, at least i'm not the only one that chooses the ''reality'' instead of ''future''? :p

The time will come where we know what is best until then I'm not wasting plat on making my build beforehand.

Astrocat
01-08-2013, 02:30 PM
The time will come where we know what is best until then I'm not wasting plat on making my build beforehand.

Exactly what I have in mind. :p *shakes hand*

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Exactly what I have in mind. :p *shakes hand*

*shakes hand*

Energizeric
01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
There is an easy solution to this issue. On each side of the PvP arena there should be a small "safe zone", and that is where you spawn when you first join and when you are killed. Then there won't be any of these issues that someone killed you before you are ready. Once you leave the safe zone, you are fair game.

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 04:03 PM
There is an easy solution to this issue. On each side of the PvP arena there should be a small "safe zone", and that is where you spawn when you first join and when you are killed. Then there won't be any of these issues that someone killed you before you are ready. Once you leave the safe zone, you are fair game.

Afk in safe zone?

Delirium
01-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Such zones would have to have a timer because people would just sit in them forever. All they have to do is implement a "ready room" and then when everyone is ready, it starts. If you want to 1v1 then you join a 1v1 game. If want a team vs team game, you join one. I hope something like this is implemented.

Royce
01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
FYI, they said AL will have a brand spanking new PvP system, so there's no reason to expect it to be like PL.

nicoB
01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
OMG i hate turn based pvp, its so annoying especialy in SL someone always has to play robo cop. and team up on you because you accidentally touched your screen and used a skill or auto

Jcyee
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
It really depends what PvP is like in Arcane Legends. If it's like PL, you can expect a "go" system with the occasional rushers thrown in there. If it's more similar to DL, it'll be FFA all the time in that everyone is fair game at all times.

Destructible
01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Hope that it will be FFA-mode pvp. That way the respective classes can use their attributes to the maximum advantage (ex: warrior as a team tank). To counter the spawning problem, maybe a 5 second invincibility shield after spawning? :)

Matutd
01-09-2013, 01:59 AM
Hope that it will be FFA-mode pvp. That way the respective classes can use their attributes to the maximum advantage (ex: warrior as a team tank). To counter the spawning problem, maybe a 5 second invincibility shield after spawning? :)
If it's anything pl, I could wipe the whole other team in 5 seconds, that would be slightly unfair...

Destructible
01-09-2013, 02:06 AM
If it's anything pl, I could wipe the whole other team in 5 seconds, that would be slightly unfair...

Why yes, yes it would. :p Blur's a cool bear, btw. ;)

azefekie
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
What's best is a pvp room of ffa, don't need to see in the future for that.

azefekie
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
It really depends what PvP is like in Arcane Legends. If it's like PL, you can expect a "go" system with the occasional rushers thrown in there. If it's more similar to DL, it'll be FFA all the time in that everyone is fair game at all times. Kinda hoping it's like DL or else you can expect these hungry leader board hunters to get on 2 devices and farm themselves to make em look good, taking away from the true talented players that should be there. Kinda like what happened on PL then when you ask for a match they decline lawl

azefekie
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM

hmm....maybe if the opposing team were full of new players lol

Lady_Pebbles
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
I am also hoping its like DL's FFA. Love FFA. However, in AL it would require more team based strategies for FFA style PvP due to the fact that there are different classes with specific strengths and weaknesses. On DL its one class with players having similar builds yet different ways to use them. It relies more on a player's PvP skill rather than the skills & builds themselves.

I am excited about this but, never get my hopes up high cuz you neved know.

Now if we get a Tower Defense type of PvP.... All that I said still applies and would be hella fun as well!!!