PDA

View Full Version : Need help in Sorcerer stats and skills pls

choya
01-08-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm a newbie Socerer lvl 14, I need some help on what skills I shd learn and where should I put my stat points when I lvl up.

My current skills:
FireBall
Engulf
Ignite
Impact
Scorch

Lightning Strike
Empowered Bolt
Electrical Discharge

Gale Force
Outward Squall

Knowledge 2/5

My stats:
Strength 4
Dexterity 20
Intelligence 60
Available points 14

Thank you so much for your advice!

Yakiniku
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Honestly at level 14, I think you're on the right track.

I noticed you took Scorch, which most people here will say is useless. They're right to some extent, as the knockdown from Impact wastes about 3 seconds of the Scorch debuff. But there are places like Watcher's Tomb 4, where some mobs are completely immune to knockdown and root. I've found Scorch to be extremely helpful in WT4, as well as in Elites since ranged mobs will try to shoot you immediately after they get up from the Impact knockdown. If you can't knock the mobs down or root them, it's nice if they have a lesser chance of hitting you while you kite them.

In your Lightning tree, you probably should've taken Positive Surge instead of Electrical Discharge for the ridiculous crit damage. Eh no big deal. Fixable later on via respec.

Gale Force is debatable. Some people love it, some hate it. I liked it while leveling to the 16 cap, but dropped it later, as the scatter effect can cause serious aggro problems for you and your party. Good defensive skill early on though.

Your knowledge passives... hey can't argue with that. :) Pretty much everyone here maxes knowledge by level 21. I probably would've taken a fourth skill first though, but if you're getting by with what you have it's no big deal.

As for your stats, since the Dead City expansion, pure INT is completely viable since you get 3 HP for every point of INT invested. So really, all you need is INT IMHO. I'm assuming the DEX stats you listed are from your gear?

choya
01-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Thank you so much your great info!

quaziest
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
For some reason I like STR on my Mage, to increase my HP and for me not to be a softie too much. It will also help next patch when PVP comes out ... I think?! :dread: