PDA

View Full Version : clear reward

Raxin
01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I think they should add a chest at end of lvl and based off the % clear scaled. This would.promote clearing levels vs burn n turn jarl, grounds, tower.

Rare
01-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Why so worried about clearing?

Raxin
01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
To give it depth beyond boss burns for upgrading/farming. The reward wouldnt be op just incentive.

Rare
01-08-2013, 11:39 AM
But what I mean is, why force that on other people?

I get it in other games where the lvling is done in those maps. But nobody lvls their toons in elite. They just want the loot. Why force them to have to kill all the mobs?

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM

I get it in other games where the lvling is done in those maps. But nobody lvls their toons in elite. They just want the loot. Why force them to have to kill all the mobs?

He Is not saying your have to clear more people just that the more u clear the higher you pink drop % will become. This will make farming other bosses not as tedious and make jarl less farmed. Which I think jarl shouldn't be farmed so much.

Raxin
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Umm u can still burn bosses. why force that on me? are you asking for reals or just trolling my idea?

Raxin
01-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Read my post again i dont wanna change current system but enhance it as a different option to create diversity and depth

Raxin
01-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Balancing risk vs reward.
Limiting effective farming to a small number of options is counter productive

Rare
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Umm u can still burn bosses. why force that on me? are you asking for reals or just trolling my idea?

I'm asking for real. Nobody is forcing you to burn bosses. That's what the party system is for.

But by instituing a clear system you are basically forcing people to clear to get higher drop rates. It really isn't a choice. At least that's how I see it.

Edit: I'm not trolling. Just giving my opinion. Honestly, I personally love the game the way it is. I don't really see a reason to affect the drop rates really. Jarl provides a means for short bursts of farming when you only have a small amount of time to play. Adding a feature like you mentioned basically takes that away.

Bless
01-08-2013, 05:02 PM

I'm asking for real. Nobody is forcing you to burn bosses. That's what the party system is for.

But by instituing a clear system you are basically forcing people to clear to get higher drop rates. It really isn't a choice. At least that's how I see it.

Edit: I'm not trolling. Just giving my opinion. Honestly, I personally love the game the way it is. I don't really see a reason to affect the drop rates really. Jarl provides a means for short bursts of farming when you only have a small amount of time to play. Adding a feature like you mentioned basically takes that away. you can still get chests. But a slightly lower chance. You would have to sacrifice luck for time then.

Rare
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Balancing risk vs reward.
Limiting effective farming to a small number of options is counter productive

Not quite sure I get what you're saying. Where's the risk? Also... I don't know what you mean by limiting options.

Rare
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
you can still get chests. But a slightly lower chance. You would have to sacrifice luck for time then.

I understand that... but that instantly makes that option futile. And nobody would do it. Including myself. That's why I said it isn't a choice. I would always go for the chest at the end. As would most people.

Bless
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
you can still get chests. But a slightly lower chance. You would have to sacrifice luck for time then.

I understand that... but that instantly makes that option futile. And nobody would do it. Including myself. That's why I said it isn't a choice. I would always go for the chest at the end. As would most people. If someone wants to play in a short burst, then they will have to sacrifise their luck on pinks, ye cant get everything you want :P

Rare
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
If someone wants to play in a short burst, then they will have to sacrifise their luck on pinks

Nah see I disagree. I think everyone gets the same draw. If you want to the experience of running longer times... that's up to you.

The way I see it (and the way it is).. if you want the experience of more challenge... you have to sacrifice a little more of your time. For the challenge. Not for a benefit of a higher drop rate. Its just the other side of the coin.

... ye cant get everything you want :P

Actually. I kind of do have it already. And you are suggesting to take it away. That's the rub.

Edit: And I'm not saying either of you is "wrong". Just that I personally like it the way it is.

drewcapu
01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Playing devil's advocate here:

What's so elite about killing a handful of mobs and then an easy boss over and over?

It's tantamount to farming Bank Vault in PL.

Raxin
01-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I dont see why using the entire levels is such a bad idea. A decent group can clear any elite zone in about 5 mins... If you only do pug then add some friends... This wouldnt change jarl farming in anyway infact it would enhance that zone vastly jarl>>thunk>>clear chest @ 5minsish vs jarl x4-5