PDA

View Full Version : In Development – Arcane Legends PvP, Level Cap Raise, Pirates & More

Samhayne
01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21179&d=1354820422

Arcane Legends is on fire right now! No, not that burning building that Gustav helps you put out in the Village, but rather it’s standing in the mobile gaming world. Since launching in November, the game has already been downloaded almost 4 Million times! Massively named Arcane Legends the best mobile MMO of 2012 (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/19/massivelys-best-of-2012-awards/), 148Apps named it an Editor’s Choice (http://www.148apps.com/reviews/arcane-legends-review/), it tops uSwitch’s top 10 list of 2012 Android games (http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/2012/12/top_10_android_games_of_2012/), Pocket Gamer named it a Top 10 (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Top+10+Android+charts/feature.asp?c=47070) and the accolades keep rolling in. If you haven’t already, we’d love to have your vote for Best Mobile MMO on BestAppEver.com (http://bestappever.com/v/mmgm/1/543335870).

Arcane Legends is the most successful game Spacetime Studios has ever produced, growing so fast in just 2 months! The Dead City expansion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?476-Arcane-Legends-Expands-New-Dead-City-Adventure-Holiday-Content-and-More!) launched only 3 weeks ago and we know our fans are already hungry for more. We are working hard to feed that appetite for fun! Here’s a quick overview of what is in development:

Player vs. Player (PvP) combat.
The Dev Team currently has the existing PvP systems that you find in Pocket Legends, Star Legends and Dark Legends hooked up and running in internal playtests. It’s pretty fun. There is still a good bit of balance and map work still to do, but it is coming along nicely.

Look for PvP to go live later this month. We anticipate there will be a good bit of balance revisions once we’re live and we’re in the wild world of everyone playing. We look forward to community feedback and getting our PvP on with you!

Level Cap Raise, New Content and Pirates!
Across the ocean south of Windmoore lies the Kraken Isles, a series of small islands rich in natural resources and grog. On the surface it looks like paradise but the land is rife with pirates and threatened by an ancient curse. The Rogue jumps on the nearest seaworthy vessel, returning to her homeland to save her family…and pick up a few pirate treasure chests!

A new high seas adventure is in the making for Arcane Legends! Aaaar! Shiver me timbers! Well, it was either going to be Pirates or Ninjas. You knew it had to happen, right? The Dev Team is hard at work on the next expansion for Arcane Legends. This will be similar to the Dead City expansion, in that the level cap will go up 5 levels and there will be all new areas to explore, new loot, new quests and more.

Timing wise, you can expect the next expansion in February. Look for more details over the coming weeks as we prepare to get nautical and say, “Arrrr!”

Reminder: Winter Vanities Go Away Soon - New Vanities Coming!
If you want to add the Warrior’s Red “Santa” suit, Rogue “Elf” or Sorcerer “Tree” vanities to your character, act soon. These vanities, along with Li’l Scrooge the Santa Goblin and his Winter Wonderland armor, will no longer be available next week! New vanities are coming to replace them in The Store, click here to check them out. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82377-Last-Chance!-Snowball-Pet-amp-Winter-Vanities-go-away-next-week-New-Vanities-Coming!)

Thanks for reading this latest In Development Update and thanks for your support of Arcane Legends!

Marurban
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Where is crafting, auction house, something new, something special?? Lvl cap + new map is not especially delightful

Deadbite
01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Where is crafting, auction house, something new, something special?? Lvl cap + new map is not especially delightful

Did you not read??? And there is an auction house already... Kraag and outpost have one... And PVP IS COMING STOP CRYING. And a cap in less than 2 months is amazing.

Dreuefesie
01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Can't wait for PVP!

LwMark
01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Did i miss a date for when this is coming???

Deadbite
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Probably later this month or next month.

Marurban
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Did you not read??? And there is an auction house already... Kraag and outpost have one... And PVP IS COMING STOP CRYING. And a cap in less than 2 months is amazing.
Current shop you call auction house? Shop with static prices is not auction house. Look what happening everyday with prices. Everyone wants to quickly sell and lowers price.

Deadbite
01-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Current shop you call auction house? Shop with static prices is not auction house.

Well idc what games you played before this but in Pl, SL, DL, Al it's called the auction house. And if you don't like it how the Auction house is then play a diff game. :)

Marurban
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Of course, in every game will be a fan who will at all cost say that everything is ok. I do not care how it is called in the PL, SL, DL.

Deadbite
01-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Of course, in every game will be a fan who will at all cost say that everything is ok. I do not care how it is called in the PL, SL, DL.

Everything is not okay with the games I have many dislikes with a few of the games. But the games won't be changing we all hope crafting will come but we don't know... But if you don't like this game. Good bye.

Samhayne
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Current shop you call auction house? Shop with static prices is not auction house. Look what happening everyday with prices. Everyone wants to quickly sell and lowers price.

Wether it was a full auction house or a consignment shop, I don't think that will change the human behavior of wanting to sell the stuff you want to sell.

We understand well the desire for cool new systems. Please keep in mind that this is the high level view of development that is still in the earlier stages of being implemented. There will be lots more details to talk through.

Thanks for keeping the discussion civil and the feedback constructive.

BadWolf
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Yessss! Finally, pvp is comin! Prepare to be smashed!

Btw, whats gonna happen with pets in PvP?

Aracnus
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Bawsome.. Now i need to power level my sorcerer as well as my Op in SL!

Also, already the third cap in AL??? Still need one in DL.. been a couple months since that 31 cap there, and SL is missing out too!

Urqui
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Yessss! Finally, pvp is comin! Prepare to be smashed!

Btw, whats gonna happen with pets in PvP?

Eats the corpses of the losers

ArtofWar
01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Nice!

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Awesome! Anything going to happen with guild improvements?

Marurban
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Wether it was a full auction house or a consignment shop, I don't think that will change the human behavior of wanting to sell the stuff you want to sell.

We understand well the desire for cool new systems. Please keep in mind that this is the high level view of development that is still in the earlier stages of being implemented. There will be lots more details to talk through.

Thanks for keeping the discussion civil and the feedback constructive.

Hater Deadbite hates that somebody else just expecting something more than higher lvl cap. Good that PvP finally will be added. Will be what to do... farming all the time is boring. You niggle(?) about auction house but I meant just what I wrote in the first sentence.
Everything in its time.

shadow90
01-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Hater Deadbite hates that somebody else just expecting something more than higher lvl cap. Good that PvP finally will be added. Will be what to do... farming all the time is boring. You niggle(?) about auction house but I meant just what I wrote in the first sentence.
Everything in its time.

STS won't go into that "lane".
Doing the daily routine is fine.

Jcyee
01-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Wowowowowow Can't wait for all the good stuff :)

And also a suggestion. With PvP soon to be released, camera rotation would really help especially with all the movement that goes on in fights. I know that it has been mentioned before but around the release of PvP would be a good time to implement it, or even sooner :)

Ladycandyheal
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Very excited about this! I also hope for a camera rotation but hey, what's coming sounds fun!!!

Arcanee
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Wowowowowow Can't wait for all the good stuff :)

And also a suggestion. With PvP soon to be released, camera rotation would really help especially with all the movement that goes on in fights. I know that it has been mentioned before but around the release of PvP would be a good time to implement it, or even sooner :) Dude camera rotation isnt really a big deal now if you are still asking for that you need to open your eyes and apriciate what sts has done for us :) I mean it is free right?

shayen
01-09-2013, 12:06 AM
This is a Great Update. Everything will be developed in time, for now lets be happy on wahts coming.

Jcyee
01-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Dude camera rotation isnt really a big deal now if you are still asking for that you need to open your eyes and apriciate what sts has done for us :) I mean it is free right?

That's why I said suggestion. I mean it works fine in PvE, I don't mind it too much now that I've gotten used to it. But I feel like PvP will be different with people coming at you in all different directions more than PvE

Destructible
01-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Dude camera rotation isnt really a big deal now if you are still asking for that you need to open your eyes and apriciate what sts has done for us :) I mean it is free right?

If you play pl, you'll know why camera rotation is so important, especially in pvp. But oh well, if the devs don't want to implement it, we might as well just get used to it :/

dermato
01-09-2013, 04:16 AM
This sounds excellent! This is my favorite STS game by far! I played pocket legends since the day it launched in 2010! I love you sts!

Barrington
01-09-2013, 05:17 AM
what day are the holiday items going away as im on holiday and dont have good enough wifi to be able to get updates or play

Deadbite
01-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Everything in its time.

I'm not a hater I'm speaking the truth. Your clearly new to STS games so I get how you don't understand how things are. Farming is part of a game adding what you want into the game would destroy alot of STS revenue. Some People use elixirs for farming/leveling. And they cost money.

Astrocat
01-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Arrrr!

halfpastded
01-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Just want to tell you sth about the things you are asking. For those who want a better auction house why to upgrade it since prices will be always low for some items and you will be able to choose between a lot of offers. Cemera rotation may be good but it will gain instability and will require more ram memory and better procesors to do that. I realy don't like the chrome version of this game, graphics are just like for a 4 inch screen and control butons are placed in a strange way,you cant move and atack at the same time

Deadbite
01-09-2013, 07:28 AM
I already lag alot while using my iPod. And if camera rotation makes me lag more ill do with out. But pvp will be tough....

Abuse
01-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Sound's really great, can't wait for it! :) You're doing a great job.

Would be nice to have a feature like "sell items which are lower than "Epic" automatically for example, the only thing which annoys me is to sell all these common and rare items I find to get a few gold. Maybe you thought of this already?

Rikskvinna
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Great, we are very happy.

GrammerPatrol
01-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Is this going to be like pocket legends where we wil get to the level 50 cap in a few months that would be nice

Liathea
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
The only thing I would really like to see beyond everything that's already happening is the ability to host instances again. I like to solo maps, and the current system in AL makes that nigh impossible.

Energizeric
01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Sam: will there be any new towns in the new expansion, or only dungeons?

Vystirch
01-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Sam: will there be any new towns in the new expansion, or only dungeons?

A pirate town would be Awesome!

Astrocat
01-09-2013, 03:19 PM
A pirate town would be Awesome!

Yeah, on a boat! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nasty
01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I wish you people good luck for bringing the next update it will be a lot of fun especially with pvp :eagerness:

BadWolf
01-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Eats the corpses of the losers

Now i hav true motivation to not die. What worse way to go than by being eaten by a turtle?

Arcanee
01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes a priate town just made me excited or maybe a port as a town lol but they will probably make pvp maps where you dont need camera rotation some people dont want it anymore because they have adapted to the way arcane legends camera is!

CosmoxKramer
01-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I would love to see a dungeon where we have to fight our way up out of the prison in the bottom of a boat through a few levels, to where the final boss is up on the main deck of the ship. Doesn't have to be the last zone, but it could be a fun scenario type dungeon. To make it more of a story, you may actually have to protect a townsperson that walks fairly slow along a path, and you have to go kill the mobs to keep him from dying. If he survives to the boss then after the fight he gives you a quest to talk to someone in the new town that you sail to.

Astrocat
01-10-2013, 05:48 AM
A huge pirate boat town would be perfect!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

hdz123
01-10-2013, 07:00 AM
yeah me to.sounds great

Lesmiserables
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Aye Aye Captain !

Rare
01-10-2013, 12:07 PM

This isn't the suggestion forum.

Lady_Pebbles
01-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I can only pray that the PvP on AL will be just like DL; actual FFA & not turn based crap. Also hope we get Guild vs Guild PvP!

Hadec
01-10-2013, 05:35 PM
cool thx!

raphaellatoreno
01-11-2013, 02:28 AM
so new lvl cap mean new sets? or sets lvl will be rise?

raphaellatoreno
01-11-2013, 02:50 AM
and with the new lvl cap is their will be free respec for char? please

dermato
01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
If they keep the maps simple. No insane textures or lighting effects, camera rotation would be entirely possible.

Melodicdeath
01-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Pirates and AL....my life is complete. Very exciting, I LOVE pirates! Perhaps a parrot would be a lovely addition to the pet stable? Hint hint*

I know everyone is working there tails off at STS to satisfy us ravenous gamers and they're doing a great job! I see many suggestions and requests as I run through the threads, and to anyone with any hostility in their words, keep in mind: Its much easier to post an idea on here than it is to materialize it at STS. Everything takes time, its intricate work. Also, don't forget, AL isn't the only game being worked on, 3 others have demands as well. That's a lot of pressure! So be kind and patient and I'm sure AL and every other game with evolve ( with time) into what you'd like it to be :)

Wizard_Mike
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
With PvP soon to be released, camera rotation would really help especially with all the movement that goes on in fights.

How would it help? What would you be able to see that you can't see now? You're not playing with the camera zoomed in, are you?

To add a rotating camera to the game would mean an entire overhaul for every area in the game. That's a lot of time and work just so people can spin their camera around. You wouldn't be seeing anything more than you already do with the camera zoomed out. It's too much work for such little benefit. So don't hold your breath. :p

GoodSyntax
01-11-2013, 12:28 PM
If they keep the maps simple. No insane textures or lighting effects, camera rotation would be entirely possible.

I suspect that because of the greater number of polygons in AL vs PL, combined with the higher resolution textures, would make the gimbal lock calculations and re-rendering an order of magnitude greater in platform resource requirements than it currently is in PL. Imagine amassing a huge mob in Watchers Tomb 4 and trying to rotate the camera. What you would get is a slideshow death sequence as the CPU is pegged trying to rotate and remap textures. Some of the newer devices could certainly do it, and it is safe to assume that the new breed of quad-core phones/tablets with dual or quad graphics would have no issues, but either way it would be a retooling of the engine, which is not a trivial undertaking.

Honestly, PL lags as it is when you get a huge mob together - the concessions made by STS in the AL engine does not lag nearly as much. The added complexity of AL would just exasperate the lag problems and would probably make it so that older devices (2+ year old phones and tablets) could no longer be supported.

sugarushhhh
01-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Everythings perfect.. superb gaming. Haters gonna hate. Losers will always complain:)

Crabmeat
01-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Yoo ho, haul together, hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, rogues and sorcerers.. never shall we die -.-"

Ladycandyheal
01-21-2013, 12:17 AM
I suspect that because of the greater number of polygons in AL vs PL, combined with the higher resolution textures, would make the gimbal lock calculations and re-rendering an order of magnitude greater in platform resource requirements than it currently is in PL. Imagine amassing a huge mob in Watchers Tomb 4 and trying to rotate the camera. What you would get is a slideshow death sequence as the CPU is pegged trying to rotate and remap textures. Some of the newer devices could certainly do it, and it is safe to assume that the new breed of quad-core phones/tablets with dual or quad graphics would have no issues, but either way it would be a retooling of the engine, which is not a trivial undertaking.

Honestly, PL lags as it is when you get a huge mob together - the concessions made by STS in the AL engine does not lag nearly as much. The added complexity of AL would just exasperate the lag problems and would probably make it so that older devices (2+ year old phones and tablets) could no longer be supported.

Yes, I see your point but in PVP, the map (so far) is very simple and only a certain amount of people are allowed in at any given time. I think they could add camera rotation for PVP only, so who knows.

Regular PVE, don't see this ever happening like you said.

Xoreobonezxe
01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Can you give us a more specific date of the release? I am so excited!!!

:banana:

DrSizofren
01-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Nice!

olsi07
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
try to make 1v1 pvp!

harimaumalaya
01-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Can you give us a more specific date of the release? I am so excited!!!

:banana:

27 feb

Kiekei
01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Willing to bet on a valentine's day release...... buuuuttttt, Feb first wouldn't be upsetting. Lol just saying.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Vystirch
01-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Willing to bet on a valentine's day release...... buuuuttttt, Feb first wouldn't be upsetting. Lol just saying.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

I would hope it would be before valentines, they would add the holiday stuff latter anyway... As it would be way to large a update for both....

Wowsome
01-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Will we have a period of free re-specs when the new level cap is out?

Vystirch
01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Will we have a period of free re-specs when the new level cap is out?

Most likely..... I am quite sure of it....

Kiekei
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
That makes sense V. Still not sure if a free re-spec will happen. We all want it, but they do need to keep making money, if we want more expansions. I personally don't mind buying plat for that reason. I just wish there were plat rewards for certain things. For example; playing a specific length of time, for a specific amount of days(5 days, 7 days). Even just 5 or 10 plat would be cool. Even a very rare platinum chest, with a rare chance of plat for loot. Opinions are welcome!
Sent using poop on a bathroom stall....

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 03:20 PM
I actually don't like all these free respecs. Part of choosing which stats to give your character is planning ahead and not just planning for the moment. If you want to scrap what you got to redo it, there should be some sort of penalty. Just my opinion.

Ghostlytwink
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I actually don't like all these free respecs. Part of choosing which stats to give your character is planning ahead and not just planning for the moment. If you want to scrap what you got to redo it, there should be some sort of penalty. Just my opinion.

Agree 150% always thought the idea of free respec was dumb

Jesse Cabiles
01-30-2013, 09:07 AM
27 feb

OMG? feb 27?

franzai59
01-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Dont like free respec? Theres a change in game specifically additional stats and skill points because of the new level cap, even if you plan ahead if you dont know when and how many level increase would be your current build will always be changed. Not all free acquired from nothing at all, some should be given for some instances.

Ghostlytwink
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Dont like free respec? Theres a change in game specifically additional stats and skill points because of the new level cap, even if you plan ahead if you dont know when and how many level increase would be your current build will always be changed. Not all free acquired from nothing at all, some should be given for some instances.

How many mmorpg have u played where you get FREE respec every time lvl cap changes or there's an expansion I been playing mmorpg since 9 years ago and let me tell you never have I played 1 that gives free respec

Tho I do think they should make it so that each lvl has a certain price to re skill or re stat not both at same time you knw like lvl 2 cost 100 gold to reskill/stat nd as u lvl price goes up and lvl 21 be like 25k to re skill / restat

Hotshotsz
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
this
+1

Joao Pedro Soares Aldeia
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
If we already reached level 21 we wil be rewarded in some way!? Thank u
Keep up with the good work

aldoric
02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Looks cool, i wonder what pvp will be like! Also you should think about getting pvp gear so it rewards players who put time into it!