PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Solo

KraySt
01-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone. I was wondering what's the best way to go about gearing up for a solo rogue and what skills and pets are exactly essential for it? I've read around and heard rogues either suck at soloing or are very good. Either way I'd love to give it a shot and try it out. I'm fairly new, just past level 10. Is it best to charge my skills or just tap? Any information would help a bunch!

Vystirch
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone. I was wondering what's the best way to go about gearing up for a solo rogue and what skills and pets are exactly essential for it? I've read around and heard rogues either suck at soloing or are very good. Either way I'd love to give it a shot and try it out. I'm fairly new, just past level 10. Is it best to charge my skills or just tap? Any information would help a bunch!

Rouges can do a bit of everything, they are best with a tank buddy. To solo with a rogue go pure dex (skills up to u) and then a str pet like hazel. Always charge skills, there are a few exceptions though. Just tap normal hits, though there is a large debate on this so it's up to the player.

hdz123
01-09-2013, 02:31 AM
wich skill is the best for rogue solo ?
(sry for bad eng)

Lesmiserables
01-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Get some aoe skills like razor and bossing skills like nox.

Abuse
01-09-2013, 05:41 AM
I think my build is also okay for Solo, I go for

Noxious Bolt
Lingering Poison: Adds 3 seconds to the duration of poison damage.
Fragmentation: Each second a target is damaged by Noxious Bolt’s poison, they receive an additional 10% damage.

Razor Shield
Whirling Razors: Increase dodge by 10% while Razor Shield is active.
Increased Duration: Razor Shield will stay active for an additional 3 seconds.

Aimed Shot
Accuracy: Damage from each successful Aimed Shot attack is increased by 10%.
Critical Shot: When you achieve a critical hit with an Aimed Shot, the damage will be increased by 250%.
Deadly Focus: Increases critical chance by 10% for the next 5 seconds.
Shatter Armor: Targets armor is reduced by 15% for 5 seconds.

Shadow veil
Masked Presence: Staying in your Shadow Veil bomb’s smoke will increase any armor by 20%. This buff also applies to any ally of yours that stands in the smoke.
Lingering Fumes: Adds 3 seconds to the duration of your Shadow Veil bomb’s smoke.
The other Upgrade which buffs your Damage by 15%?

and +25 passive Dexternity

Healing with Pots.

You can take large Groups of Mobs with the +20% Dodge +20% Armor +15% Damage and AOE Damage Combination of Razor Shield/Shadow Veil and high up your Criticals with Normal Attack - Aimed Shot - Normal Attack - Aimed Shot and so on.
Bosses can be attacked with the Range Combination of Noxious Bolt/Aimed Shot for example so you get less Damage and the Boss gets +25 % extra damage and you do + ~20 % critical.

Your Equipent should buff Dexternity first, then Strengh / Int.
Int just enough to use your skills without being out of mana all the time.

Stat Points... well I play till Lv. 20 with 1 Str / 5 Dex per Level and respec to 6 Dex @ Lv. 20, personal decision.

Buy Legendary Items once @ Lv. 15 (very cheap, around 200-400 each) and @ Lv. 20 if you go Elite.

My oppinion.

hdz123
01-10-2013, 02:09 AM
i think shadow storm shot is better then nox because its instant damage not damage over time.

Bless
01-10-2013, 02:23 AM
i think shadow storm shot is better then nox because its instant damage not damage over time. it doesn't aim properly lol. Unless devs fixed it

Abuse
01-10-2013, 02:56 AM
i think shadow storm shot is better then nox because its instant damage not damage over time.

Maybe for Mobs, not for Boss Fights.

hdz123
01-10-2013, 07:21 AM
yeah may be...
it doesn't aim properly lol. Unless devs fixed it

hdz123
01-10-2013, 07:22 AM
farming 100.000 mobs better then 1 boss
Maybe for Mobs, not for Boss Fights.

GoodSyntax
01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I've got a very different build for my level 20 Rogue.

Skills:
Shadow Piercer: Added Leading Dagger (which increases targets on charged attacks to 3)
Noxious Bolt: Added Strengthened Shot (Increased radius to 6m), Serrated Arrowhead (Increases impact damage by 15%)
Aimed Shot: Added Accuracy (Increases damage for successive attacks by 10%), Critical Shot (Crits at 250%), Deadly Focus (Increases crit chance by 10% for 5 seconds)
Shadow Storm Shot: Maxed out all upgrades

Passives:
4/5 on Critical Shot
1/5 on Damage

Stats:
From levels 1-16 went 5/1 Dex/Int (so I'm not always running out of Mana)
From levels 17+ 6 Dex

Gear:
Weapon: Lv 20 Agile Heartseekers of Tactics (for increased Crit and maximum DPS)
Helm: Lv 16 Agile Ranger Cloak of Will (Maximum armor, added Dex and Int)
Armor: Lv 19 Winter Wonderland Vest of Security (Maximum armor, added Dex and Str)
Ring: Lv 19 Swirling Loop of Will (Added Dex, Int and +26 Armor)
Amulet: Lv 15 Superb Necklace of Will (Added Dex, Int and +24 Armor)

Notes:
While this build is not ideal because I'm using lower level helms and amulets, it is very affordable and maximizes Armor, DPS, Bonus Damage, Crit and Dodge while providing just enough Int so I'm not out of Mana constantly. Note that the gear selection provides sufficient Health which helps you when soloing as some of the Rogue bosses inflict incredible damage when they crit.

In my case, I use Ribbit as my pet most of the time for the 40% crit. I also use Meep-Moop for the 8% crit a lot as well. Occasionally, I use Abigail for the 4% crit and the +35 armor.

Obviously, I am trying to maximize my Critical Hit chance and the selected daggers have a very high DPS, so I am not obligated to always use skills. This is especially important when dealing with mobs.

An often overlooked skill is utilizing Shadow Piercer during boss fights. One tactic I use a lot is to launch Ribbit's Arcane Ability (for 40% crit), shoot a charged Aimed Shot, shoot an uncharged Noxious Bolt and an uncharged Shadow Piercer. Then you do a bunch of rapid auto attacks and charge Shadow Piercer again. What this allows you to do is generate tremendous damage in a short window (the 40% crit is only for 3 seconds). After the auto attacks, a charged Shadow Piercer allows you to get in one last hit, then get out of range. This is very useful for slower bosses (less useful for Rogue Boss in Dead City Outskirts).

Another tactic I use is to charge by auto attack, engage a large mob (the charged auto does AoE damage) and get out of mob range. Often, your pet will stay behind, inflicting damage. This tactic is especially useful in the Tombs because your pet can trap large groups in doorways and corners while you stay behind and use ranged skills (Nox Bolt, SSS, Aimed Shot). Charge auto attack again, engage, and get out range - repeat until mobs are dead.

As far as the argument of charged vs uncharged attacks, I say charge when you are not in range, uncharged when in range. Sometimes, it is worthwhile to charge when you have a large mob on you, if only for the knock-back effect, or you need the additional crit or additional targets (like Shadow Piercer), but when in mobs, auto attack is your best bet. High DPS daggers allow you to quickly dispose of most mobs.

It is important to note that even though a build like mine has relatively high armor, you are not a tank, you cannot sustain damage over an extended period of time. You also cannot take on very large mobs, like in Watchers Tombs. You have to use your ranged skills to pull smaller mobs away. Don't be afraid to run away and make mobs reset - it will save your life sometimes.

Abuse
01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
It is important to note that even though a build like mine has relatively high armor, you are not a tank, you cannot sustain damage over an extended period of time. You also cannot take on very large mobs, like in Watchers Tombs. You have to use your ranged skills to pull smaller mobs away. Don't be afraid to run away and make mobs reset - it will save your life sometimes.

For being a tank Rogue has Razor Shield with +20% Dodge/AOE Damage and Shadow Veil with +20% Armor/+15% Damage/decreasing the Mobs Armor and Damage, compared with good gear and max Dex a Rogue can be a good tank and damage dealer for Mobs, but yes, your Build has other Advantages then being a good tank.

I don't understand where your Skills give you "relatively high armor"?

5/5 Dexternity should be always better than 4/5 Crit and 1/5 Damage I think, not only in Damage-Output it gives you also +75 HP. With 16 Points on Int and no passives you're build has 41 Dex-Points less than others, I don't think you've got a high Damage-Output with that.

Math: (Sorry for bad english)

Would you go for Passive Dex, you would get +75 HP.
You could change one item which gives you for example +20 Dex / +10 Strengh into + 20 Dex / +10 Int ( -100 HP / + 100 Mana)
You spend 10 Points from your Stats into Dex instead of Int ( +30 HP / -100 Mana)

Result: You have the same amount of HP and Mana as before but 35 Dexternity more, that means much more DPS and Damage from your Skills.

Just a tip.

GoodSyntax
01-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I was just saying that my armor level is relatively high, based upon the gear that I'm using. I need it to be high enough to solo Tower of Mardrom (and other Dead City Maps), all Tomb levels, and also Elite Brackenridge. True, Razor Shield gives you a Dodge, and Shadow Veil does as well - my problem with those skills are that they require you to be in the middle of a mob to be effective. Originally, I had both skills, but had a lot of issues with Watchers tomb because of the large mobs. After much testing, I found that the ranged attacks proved more effective for soloing. That way, I can peel off smaller mobs instead of getting aggro from a huge group (which happens employing Razor Shield and Shadow Veil effectively).

As far as Dex vs Int - this was simply a choice between having to use Mana Pots all the time and maximum Crit/Damage. My play style uses Mana like a fiend, so the increased Mana pool helps. Many recommend full Dex - and that's great, but be aware of the trade-off in Mana Pot usage.

The full weight of my build's damage output comes from Crits. This is certainly not a max damage build (that would be full Dex with passives in Dex and Damage). The passives in Crit actually yield more damage than 5/5 in Dex because +5 Dex add something along the lines of 0.25% Crit, so +25 Dex yields about +1.25% Crit; whereas my +4% Crit (via passives) turns out better. The same goes for Damage as well, a +5 Dex yields less damage than +1% Damage at higher levels. What the +5 Dex passive gives you is a broader, less focused improvement in damage and bonus Dodge.

Ultimately, my build still has some shortcomings - namely, lower damage, but that is offset by much higher crit. Here are my stats with Meep-Moop:

Strength: 17
Health: 1183

Dexterity: 232
Bonus Dmg: 216%
Dodge: 18.40%
Critical: 20.56%
Damage: 103.6

Intelligency: 64
Mana: 765

DPS: 186.5
Armor: 610

nicoB
01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Charged shadow piercer with 3 target attack upgrade owns! i charged that bad boy during a boss fight and slash the boss shoot behind him, bounce off a barrel or crate and slash him again. and i use it to steal kills :)