PDA

View Full Version : Which is more effective "dodge? Or armor?

raphaellatoreno
01-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Which is more effective "dodge? Or armor?

Reggin
01-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Depends on the situation. I'd suggest getting enough armor that hits are manageable (900 for a capped warrior is a good number) then adding as much dodge as you can on top of that.

Peekaboo
01-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Which is more effective "dodge? Or armor?

What class are you using?

Vystirch
01-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Dodge is almost always better, but you still need some good armor points also.

Bless
01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I would rather get +20 dodge than +20 Armor. High dodgers are godly but they're nothing without Armor.

Both of these stats work closely.

Royce
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
This is sort of a silly question. How much armor vs how much dodge? 1 dodge is obviously better than 1 armor. 1 dodge is the equivalent of 1% damage reduction overall. 1 armor is significantly less than 1% damage reduction. However, neither is really intrinsically better. There is a minimum amount of armor you need to get by, without it you would constantly be 1-shot. There is no minimum amount of dodge you need.

CosmoxKramer
01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
If STS would be more open with their calculations, then we could build an effective health calculator to tell you how much effective health your character has based on Health + Armor (damage reduction %) + Dodge.

Please STS. so many questions into the numbers...I want to know =)

crit damage %
damage reduction from armor
how Damage is calculated on the Avatar tab

and probably more

gundamsone
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
This is sort of a silly question. How much armor vs how much dodge? 1 dodge is obviously better than 1 armor. 1 dodge is the equivalent of 1% damage reduction overall. 1 armor is significantly less than 1% damage reduction. However, neither is really intrinsically better. There is a minimum amount of armor you need to get by, without it you would constantly be 1-shot. There is no minimum amount of dodge you need.

I'd have to slightly disagree with you. Comparing dodge to armor reduction is just like comparing damage % to crit which isn't really the same in the end.
In this case dodge is a luck based stat. Lets say you could pick between 50% dodge or 50% damage reduction.

Let's say monsters damage you for 10 000 damage in "x" amount of pve runs.
- 50% damage reduction would A. reduce that amount to 5000 and B. greatly decreasing your chances of dying
- 50% dodge on the other hand should make you dodge half of that damage however, since dodge is luck based you can possible dodge more or less of that. In addition there is a higher chance of getting 1 shot by mobs b/c you might "fail" to dodge hits.

Statistically speaking dodge and armor reduction should give you about the same results in the long run.

As for the OP's question, it's too early in the game for dodge to be effective on any class but the rogue. I would more focus on armor, and any extra dodge your equips give can be a bonus.