PDA

View Full Version : STS: How much bonus damage is done when you do a crit?

CosmoxKramer
01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the Critical Bonus Damage % is for the following:

What Crit Bonus Dam % do you get for an AA?
What Crit Bonus Dam % do you get on normal offensive skills?
What Crit Bonus Dam % do you get for offensive skills that say "+ increased damage on critical"?

From my testing, it appears that AA Crit Bon Dam% is around 125% normal weapon damage. When testing with Frost Bolt (which is a "+ increased damage on crit" skill), i was seeing crits for 164 damage when the skill was getting non crits between 120-152. That means it was anywhere from 108%-137%.

So is the "+ increased damage on critical" broken? Can you shed some like on the CritBonDam% for each of the 3 things above?

Hsam8913
01-09-2013, 09:22 PM
They normally don't answer this kind of question.I hope they are more close to the community

CosmoxKramer
01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Not sure why because more visibility can only help because the community can help answer questions for others more and help de-bug better...

Hsam8913
01-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Player community can't understand the game mechanism by testing only,developer need to disclose certain info

Royce
01-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Player community can't understand the game mechanism by testing only.

Why not? That's pretty much how we did it for the first year plus with PL before most things appeared on the stat screen. We had to test every weapon proc, how armor reduced damage, how crits worked, what skill damage was based on, and tons of other stuff. I honestly think it's half the fun, but I can understand why some people might find it frustrating.

wvhills
01-10-2013, 09:58 AM
it's kind of hard to test some of this stuff right now because we don't know the mobs armor, damage, etc. More of this will be tested and figured out if pvp comes out. We know our own stats and will be able to figure things out easier.

GoodSyntax
01-10-2013, 10:06 AM
@wvhills - Right on.

PvP will help us figure out most of the calculations because we will have known starting points.

CosmoxKramer
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
this isn't a thread about Armor though. My question is about Critical Damage bonus %. I was testing with Frost Bolt and it says +increased damage on crit, but the crits only seem to be around 125% bonus damage. So is that a bug on the + increased damage on crit skills because i can't imagine that a crit would offer much less than a 25% damage increase over your basic damage. there would be NO point in speccing for crit.