PDA

View Full Version : New to PL

Dax
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Hello
I'm Dax new player to
Pocket legends I've always been a huge fan of the rpg and mmo types stuff like diablo
Ect. I tried to game without the commitment which was a cool feature and immediately bought all the current dungeon packs after about 30 minutes of trial play quests and such seem pretty straight forward, I was curious if anyone had tabled out the skill trees for each class along with their level advancing bonuses to the skill itself
For each
Class and I need a little help with the item qualities such as whats junk and what's a keeper the in game
Lingo is past me ATM so
I have no clue any help at all
Would be greatly appreciated in terms of the aforementioned

Royce
09-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi welcome to the community. The skill thing is a bit complicated. There are lists of the skills for each class in the forum, but recently there was a stat-driven skill update that changed the way many skills are influenced. Basically, they will become stronger with skill points (and though there is no current thread on this specific topic, many people will be able to tell you what a skill point will do to a given skill), but your attributed also affect skills. So, many archer skills become more powerful with Dex, warrior skills with Str, and enchantress skills with Int.
Items are easy. Color tells you rarity (and is somewhat correlated with quality, though not exactly), and it goes from least rare to most rare gray->white->orange->green->purple->pink.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh wow! you took an awesome three-letter name. Welcome to the messageboards.

Dax
09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks Shakespeare, and I'm assuming the level req per each item type for say a warrior for example swords/axes/battle hammer types are all the same base dmg wise leaving variable stat/regen attributes aside meaning a lvl 30 axe of whatever will always have the same dmg of a plain lvl 30 axe of the same axe type

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes, the prefixes and suffixes like "Crocs" or "of Legend" generally have no effect on the base damage. They add bonuses to other things.

p.s. My wife and I are watching DS9 seasons for, like, the fifth time. We're in season 2. She just fulfilled Curzon's blood oath. We're joking and saying, oh boy, Worf doesn't know it but his Parmachai is being preprared for his arrival. *grin!*

Good to meet a fan. :)

Dax
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Are the rarer items such as purple/pink restricted to a higher level or are they universal as far the level Reqs for them go

Royce
09-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Are the rarer items such as purple/pink restricted to a higher level or are they universal as far the level Reqs for them go

There are pinks and purples from level 13/14 up, but they are much less common at lower levels, and there are less of them. Meaning not only are they more rare at low levels but there is much less variety as well.

Dax
09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Does the char respec option reset stats as well as skills or is it skill specific? I've still got platinum left after getting all the dungeons and was curious if it was a limited respec or a total overhaul

Royce
09-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Does the char respec option reset stats as well as skills or is it skill specific? I've still got platinum left after getting all the dungeons and was curious if it was a limited respec or a total overhaul

Both Attribute Points, and Skill Points are reset, allowing you to redistribute everyting. A tip, don't respec in town. Mages spam their buffs there and can screw up a respec by changing your base attributes ;)