PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer dps calculator

CosmoxKramer
01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
I love playing my Sorcerer and i wanted to know what would maximize my dps, so i built this DPS estimator to show dps when prioritizing your skills in different ways.
Assumptions in the calculator:

Crit Dam % I have tested and it seems to just be around 125% for skills/weapons.
Curse is not supported in the calculator because i don't know how long the de-buff lasts, sorry
Global Cool down seems to be 0.5 seconds for all Sorcerer spells. After testing it appears there may be a couple spells that allow you to AA during the GCD. Since i tested with all 3 classes it seems that you should not be allowed to AA during GCD. so that is how the calculator works.
it does appear that you can AA then cast a spell with no delay. so I allowed a skill to be cast 1/10 of a sec after AA. I understand that you may not be perfect on
I did a 300 second calculator because the data tends to level off over a longer period. I know most fights don't go that long, but this is meant to show your average dps and to try to help you become more efficient. if you took a 60 second window you may see much larger swings in the data.

What i wanted to use it for was to see whether

should I use crit items or +dam items
should i charge a skill like Time shift for Countdown of Pain or not
etc.

So you can download the calculator and then adjust the data in the Orange cells as desired. You can adjust the priority of spells, but i can tell you that you cut your DPS in half almost by not making your weapon the 1st priority. Then it is fun to see a breakdown of what skills/weapon contribute to your overall DPS. The file also adds in the +damage from Pets if you select that pet. If you don't have a +Damage% pet then just select "Other" because all the stats will be rolled into the Damage/Crit% numbers that you type in

The file is an Excel file in 2007-2011 (mac) format.
google doc - calculator (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B04ZhNzLa1PIM21oRFp4OVFoMzA)

CosmoxKramer
01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
i forgot to column the Priority column in Orange as well, but you can plug in your skills and then play with the priority of spells and such.

CosmoxKramer
01-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Once PVP comes out I'll add in the ability to test curse. Plus ill try to add in arcane abilities for some of the popular Sorcerer pets, like Koko, Colten, ribbit, etc

CosmoxKramer
01-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Anyone know the duration of curse and can tell me if it is including increased duration or not?

Mohd Nabil Fikri
01-21-2013, 06:51 AM
CosmoxKramer what is your ign?

CosmoxKramer
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Iwantbeer, see the Sig

Mohd Nabil Kikri - what is your IGN? I don't accept random friend invites, so if you aren't in my guild or we weren't chatting in game then i click no on invites. So knowing your name will help if you ever wanted to catch me in game

Jammes
02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi I hope you can Help me About the Best Skills For mage In " PVE" I'd love to become a pure PVE Mage

CosmoxKramer
02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I would definitely recommend
4 offensive skills if you are going for max damage and are good at avoiding damage when needed and aren't afraid of using potions

Frost Bolt 4/5 (upgrades 1,2,3)
Time Shift 3/5 (upgrades 2,3)
Lightning Bolt 2/5 (upgrades 1)
Fireball 5/5
1/5 Damage
5/5 int passive
all int for your stat points, and Colten

Or drop Fireball Upgrade 4 (-25% hit) for 2% damage

I hope this helps, i hope you enjoy it. Note, i think with the 4/5 frostbolt the DoT damage is very high and may be the #1 priority spell to cast over time shift (on a boss).

Jammes
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks A lot thats really helpfull but how about the snare root in Timeshift

Jammes
02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
And if i put a stun in lightning Can lightning stun jarl also?

CosmoxKramer
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't see it happen enough, plus both of those upgrades require you to charge the spell
I never charge my spells on bosses for max DPS. For aoe packs charging is great for the Time Sift DoT, frostbolt aoe, and for fireball -25% hit and knockdown. Rooting doesn't seem too helpful in PVE because its mostly the archers/mages that hurt bad. -25% hit can help for Jarl, but it seems that even on elite his hits are as if he is still ll 16 so he misses and doesn't hit too hard now that our armor is lvl 20-21.

Valsacar
03-05-2013, 03:18 AM
I can't seem to get this to work, if I try with Google Sheets it fails (complains about formula's). If I download it complains that it has links to something else (which I don't have apparently) and fails to work (errors all over the place)...

CosmoxKramer
03-05-2013, 09:02 AM
hmm, sorry to hear that. I've never downloaded it off google drive. I'll try to do that today and see if i get those errors and can fix.

There shouldn't be any external links, only links to another tab within the same workbook. But i am fixing some formulas in it right now. I believe i have it right. So i will test downloading to another computer shortly.

CosmoxKramer
03-05-2013, 11:28 AM
hi Valsacar,
I was able to successfully download and run on my other computer

Here is what i did
Follow this link to the google doc - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B04ZhNzLa1PIM21oRFp4OVFoMzA
I signed into my wife's google account (so that it was even a different account than the one i shared the file one)
click File > Download to save the file to your computer
If you are using Excel 2010+ then you will probably get the "Protected View" at the top. I checked the file and there are no external links and it is not a XLSB Macro workbook so no bugs/worms/etc. Just a crap load of calculations.

Once you have Enabled Editing from the Protected View you should be able to change any value in the orange cells.

As seen on Avatar page you use Damage and Crit%
Damage Reduction%, Pet, Skill list, Priority, Charge (yes/no), CritDam%
Also, in column S you can adjust your Skill Upgrades (yes/no) and passive damage%.

if you don't see a pet in the list that has a damage% please let me know. If the pet you chose doesn't have a damage% then you can choose Other, because the passive bonuses will be added into the other orange stats above.

I'm usually on the game randomly between 7-4pm CST, IGN - Iwantbeer, Ilovebeer, Lager, StArnolds

Valsacar
03-06-2013, 03:57 AM
Works now with MS Office on download (still doesn't work with LibreOffice, but I have MS at work).

Played with it a bit, would be nice if there was an option to NOT have the random and just calculate min/avg/max in a perfect world (always hits, crits come out at exactly the correct %, etc). Would make it easier to see how much a small change makes to the overall.

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
What I did is built a macro in my Personal.xlsb file that did basically the following:
It would recalculate the page and copy/paste the total DPS (armor reduced) over to column v or x (green box) 100x and then I could take an average of those 100 calculations to get a normalized total DPS.

Do you no how to create macros or if I pasted code into here, would you know what to do with it?

Valsacar
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
What I did is built a macro in my Personal.xlsb file that did basically the following:
It would recalculate the page and copy/paste the total DPS (armor reduced) over to column v or x (green box) 100x and then I could take an average of those 100 calculations to get a normalized total DPS.

Do you no how to create macros or if I pasted code into here, would you know what to do with it?

Definitely, I was a programmer before I moved into IT security. It'll probably need to be adjusted since I use Linux (and therefore libre office), but that wouldn't be an issue. Just easier to adjust someone else work (that does what you need) than create it yourself. Wish I had more time to play with ideas, but full time job and about to start my thesis on my masters... the choice is beer or AL many nights :P

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 11:11 AM
haha i hear ya. I only get to play for maybe an hour a day, but i like to troll the forums or to work on the spreadsheet. My baby steals my ipad/phone if she sees me on it during the day, The only thing she won't steal is my work laptop so i play around with my spreadsheets. I have to get the macro my from other computer, i'll do it in a bit.

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Here is the simple macro i made to run through 100 recalculations
Sub Test_Cases()
'
' Test_Cases Macro
'
Dim RowCount As Integer
'
Range("v2:v101").ClearContents
For RowCount = 1 To 100
Calculate
Range("F11").Select
Selection.Copy
Cells(RowCount + 1, 22).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Next RowCount
Beep
Range("a1").Select

MsgBox "Testing Complete"
End Sub

The "Beep" and "msgbox" lines are just used so that i know know when it was done running (1-2 minutes). i was often multi-tasking while getting the numbers for the other DPS vs. Damage thread

Arief Adhie M
05-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Thank's a lot. This is very helpfull :)
Sometimes i got error in my excel. But already upgrade to 2010. And everything was fine now.