PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice For Best DEX (Archer) Setup

[Lt] Shiny
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to know what your opinions are on the best archer class setup for lv 45s.

--Thanks

Royce
09-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Go pure Dex (no Str or Int at all), max out focus, evasion, blast shot, shattering scream, break armor, and meditation. The rest is sort of preference and depends on whether you like to PvP or not. The thorn skills are nice for PvE (thorn root is good in PvP too since it debuffs), and having 1 point in Avian scream is as well (for the stun). Repulse shot is handy for both but really more useful in PvP. Blinding shot is okay, but not my favorite. Restore is terrible.

[Lt] Shiny
09-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks! Anyone else with different opinions?

KingFu
09-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Uhm, I personally wouldn't max out meditation, but are you planning on being a PvP build, or a PvE? The PvE sometimes uses Thorn Wall for the multiple roots and damage maker, I am not too familiar with a PvE bird though.

Raxie
09-21-2010, 06:22 PM
definitely go all dex and max out all your damaging skills, buffs and debuffs. this is a pvp build.

[Lt] Shiny
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
well, im going for a little of both types... so do i need all my skills evened out of what?

Lv 28 Archer-- Luneaux
Lv 18 Mage-- Iapwnaua
(and 4 other characters)

Royce
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Uhm, I personally wouldn't max out meditation, but are you planning on being a PvP build, or a PvE?

Meditation is just so powerful, I can't pass it up. In PvE, sure you can spam mana pots if needed, or wear more Thoth, but meditation will save you gold on pots, and allow you to wear more Isis, raising your survivability. In PvP, I say definitely go with max Meditation. Birds can assassinate people these days without needing more than buffs and a couple damage skills, and with meditation, you can be wearing mostly Isis, and just keep killing without running out of mana.

Raxie
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
i don't know what you mean by having your skills evened out but just maximize your damaging skills, buffs and debuffs. if you have one thoth piece, maybe one point on meditation but if you have two thoth pieces, you definitely don't need meditation.

Royce
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
i don't know what you mean by having your skills evened out but just maximize your damaging skills, buffs and debuffs.

I think he means put a few points in each skill rather than maxing skills out, giving you more skills to use but leaving them less powerful. I would recommend against too much spreading of skill points, mostly because you will become much less efficient in mana use.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-21-2010, 07:04 PM
just wandering PVp stands for player verse player and PVE stands for Player verse everyone? then whats the normal one?

someone plesae explain im confused.

InGameSupport/
Wbto

Royce
09-21-2010, 07:07 PM
just wandering PVp stands for player verse player and PVE stands for Player verse everyone? then whats the normal one?

PvE is player versus enemy (regular dungeon crawls with 5 man teams). PvP is player versus player.

xera
09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
PvE is player versus enemy (regular dungeon crawls with 5 man teams). PvP is player versus player.

Wrong. PvE stands for Player versus Enviroment ;)

Royce
09-22-2010, 03:51 PM
i dunt think so. Team pvp is very fast and res or restart, i hav no time for meditation skill(M/S). maybe i think about better blinding shot 5point then meditation.

if u wanna 1 on 1?! i was good, only 6M/S.

6 M/s is just not enough if you have multiple opponents. If you kill, then die, then kill, it's plenty, but if you want to be able to keep killing, 6 M/s is not enough to regenerate your mana pool during cooldowns. For 1 on 1, it really depends how far apart the spawn points are, and if there are mana pickups on the map. All I'm saying is mana issues disappear with meditation. And if you can get by now with only 6 M/s, then with medititaion, you could easily drop that Thoth, go full Isis (unless you're a talon bird), and get 8% Dodge, 6 h/s, and 3 armor over the Thoth.

Raxie
09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
i don't think it's a good idea to have no thoth even if you have meditation maxed out. at least one thoth is necessary.

BurninFinger
09-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Stands for Player versus Environment = Battle computer simulated enemy pvp = Real life people

Speetz13
09-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Go pure Dex (no Str or Int at all), max out focus, evasion, blast shot, shattering scream, break armor, and meditation. The rest is sort of preference and depends on whether you like to PvP or not. The thorn skills are nice for PvE (thorn root is good in PvP too since it debuffs), and having 1 point in Avian scream is as well (for the stun). Repulse shot is handy for both but really more useful in PvP. Blinding shot is okay, but not my favorite. Restore is terrible.

Whats wrong with restore? I'm low level, but it helps me cut down on pot use quite a bit and gives a safeguard against getting in a sticky situation against uncertain mobs if I use it at the right time... Heck I don't even use med. I am a PvE person but I PvP occasionally and don't need and I spend hardly anything on mana pots. Bought like the max amount once and still have around 95ish, that was at 10-12 and I'm now 19. Is this just because of level? Is it really that useless? lol

Oh and this is obviously on an DEX Avian. And I've got like... 2 or 3 h/s and maybe 1m/s?

Royce
09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Whats wrong with restore?

Restore is just super-weak. The idea of the skill is fine, but for the tiny bit of health restoration, it is not worth the skill point investment unless you are some kind of melee bird. Meditation will become more useful at higher levels when you have more skills, though I am surprised you don't find it useful even at lower levels. It basically does what restore does for your health, only for mana, magnified several times, and over a shorter period of time.

Speetz13
09-26-2010, 01:19 AM
I just don't seem to ever have a problem with mana, but I'll deffinately keep that in mind when I get up there in levels. Hmmmm... lol Wheels are turnin'.