PDA

View Full Version : Gender Confusion

Melodicdeath
01-11-2013, 10:48 AM
The thought must have cross everyones mind atleast once: It'd be nice to have both male AND female versions of each class. I feel a bit restricted being so gender isolated sometimes, how do you feel about it? Do you think this would be a worthy mod for the game?

Bless
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I would like male/female chars but the games all developed and the screws are tightened so it would be hard to introduce genders at this point :P

drewcapu
01-11-2013, 11:21 AM
It's not like they've never had genders before (SL).
It's not like adding additional class choices later in a product's life is unheard of (PL).

Does it matter if sorc has another choice?

I think it's more a matter of graphics quality and how much filespace gets used. They already made it so that you couldn't rotate the screen so that the graphics for single point of view would be that much better. Adding genders would require a second set for each gear to be rendered. That grows quite quickly as new campaigns and gear are introduced.

Personally, I'd rather have higher quality graphics and performance than a second gender for each class.

Running around as a rogue hasn't bothered me one bit :vD:

Justg
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
I think it's more a matter of graphics quality and how much filespace gets used. They already made it so that you couldn't rotate the screen so that the graphics for single point of view would be that much better. Adding genders would require a second set for each gear to be rendered. That grows quite quickly as new campaigns and gear are introduced.

Exactly this. SL has male and female, but if you notice there is no differentiation between the classes' skeletal structure and animation sets. We went with stronger silhouettes and distinctive moments in AL to emphasize the difference in classes.

Royce
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Remember it's not just creating 3 (or 2 :p ) new body models, and new face options, this would also double the amount of work needed to create each new piece of gear. I think it would be cool, but not if it would mean slower release of new content.

Does it matter if sorc has another choice?

lol

primaeva
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I want to see Karin and the rogue make out. :D

*fades away*

Raxin
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Raxin the she-man amazon barb ftw

Lady_Pebbles
01-13-2013, 03:18 AM

Exactly this. SL has male and female, but if you notice there is no differentiation between the classes' skeletal structure and animation sets. We went with stronger silhouettes and distinctive moments in AL to emphasize the difference in classes.
Then add new features we can buy with plat via in game that changes the way the toon looks. For example, add new female versions of facial expressions, ears with earrings, colored lips, etc. for the mages. Even a choice to change its skin color from blue to purple.

Don't have to go all out and make an entirely new model just to make some small changes that wilk give off the right impressions of the opposite genders.

LwMark
01-13-2013, 05:08 AM
Does it matter? Are we here to date or play?
Half the time people dont talk they just farmin or runnin. Most time you can tell between boy and girl by their name. But if you really wanna just get to know them an talk and find out. I guess its just wantin to customize out characters more to ourselves since we take pride in them.

Lady_Pebbles
01-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Does it matter? Are we here to date or play?
Half the time people dont talk they just farmin or runnin. Most time you can tell between boy and girl by their name. But if you really wanna just get to know them an talk and find out. I guess its just wantin to customize out characters more to ourselves since we take pride in them.
Its mostly about customizing your toon to look and be the gender you want it to be so yes, it does matter for players who want it. :)

Nini Fire
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah I still think it's very odd we only get a set gender for each character. When I see other warrior or rogues I automatically assume that player is a guy/girl because of their character. I want to play my second warrior character as a woman. It's very odd to hear the male grunting noises as I'm playing battle.. somewhat offputting...

Cremated
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I got scared when a young boy asked about my body in the game assuming i was a girl ( rogue ).

Also getting the weapons be in the right proportion to the character will be very difficult.

Bbnc
04-16-2013, 01:10 PM
maybe he wasn't young.

Cremated
04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Well he was proberlly

Rare
04-16-2013, 02:41 PM
A necro, but I'm posting this anyway because I think people need to understand.

I guess people haven't really come to grips with the online world. I REAAAAAAAALLY hope you folks do not ever frequent chatrooms (do they still have those?) or anything like that (even Facebook).

Manti T'eo anyone?

Theholyangel
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Hehe the idea is nice, but its a lot of work to do that and im sure that a giant buff female warrior would look pretty creepy. ;)

Cremated
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Hehe the idea is nice, but its a lot of work to do that and im sure that a giant buff female warrior would look pretty creepy. ;)

How would a buff female look creepy? # Y O L O

Theholyangel
04-16-2013, 02:54 PM
How would a buff female look creepy? # Y O L O

Haha, maybe you dont have the same mentality as I do:-)

inkredible
04-16-2013, 05:15 PM
i think they should unlock the gender

rivet
04-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Me to Rogue: hi big sister thanks for the help.

Rogue: I'm a dude bro!

octavos
04-17-2013, 10:32 AM
even with texture replacements..take a look XD
I know there not the best textures,, but this can give you a rough idea.

wacha think?!?! gotta lov photoshop

Cremated
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Love itt! How do you do that.

Ladydice
04-17-2013, 05:11 PM
even with texture replacements..take a look XD
I know there not the best textures,, but this can give you a rough idea.

wacha think?!?! gotta lov photoshop
lol ghost love the pink mage. i would make one if it was pink hehe!!

octavos
04-17-2013, 05:30 PM
lol ghost love the pink mage. i would make one if it was pink hehe!!
i'll do a bit more effort tomorrow, to find a perfect face for the guy and girl... maybe even a hair change can make a difference.
have to keep the geometry the same..just doing a "texture" edit.

Since its a suggestion, it could work, keeping all the animations the same :3

Deadroth
04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Aww ghost u made me pissed in my pants from laugh:D

Cremated
04-25-2013, 10:15 AM
i'll do a bit more effort tomorrow, to find a perfect face for the guy and girl... maybe even a hair change can make a difference.
have to keep the geometry the same..just doing a "texture" edit.

Since its a suggestion, it could work, keeping all the animations the same :3

New ones finished?

Beanerboi
04-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Who cares about what gender you are playing? It's like you're saying you have to be a minotaur to play a minotaur race or a goblin or whatever.... Just play whatever u want.