PDA

View Full Version : "Dual Twinking" The new way to PvP (Paladin/Pure mage guide)

KingFu
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
First off I would like to thank Haroldiv for introducing this to me and Banned, it gives a whole new description to twinking!

Dual Twinking is when you have one character, that can be 2 specs without respecing! This requires a lot of items to give yourself the Int, and Str boost in this case. Note: This IS a guide only for a Paladin and Pure mage build, possibly an Int Bird and Dex Bird i the future.

Gear suggested:

Pally build 1:
Conqueror's Ursan Helmet
Gleaming Cutlass of Legend (Conqueror's Platinum Axe, and Platinum Axe of Legend work too)
Conqueror's Bone Plate

Pally build 2:
Conqueror's Ursan Helmet
Iceberg Frost Knight Plate (Bone Plate works)
Iceberg Frozen Shield (Conqs or legend shield works too, as well as of the bear)
Iceberg 1H weapon (or a 2H, which won't require a shield of course)

Mage build 1:
Dreamer's Elven Helmet
Flaming Fireblaster of Mastery
Dreamer's Bone Cloth and Wizards Frosty Robes (available in plat store)

Mage Build 2:
Dreamer's Elven Helmet
Brain Freeze Ice Wand (Brain Freeze staff works, as well as Dreamer's Bone Staff)
Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball
Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth (Dreamer's Bone Cloth works too)

First off, you want to get your character to level 30. Any way of leveling you choose will be fine.

Second is your build, you want 77 Str, and 76 Int for this to work.

Now, you want to first off equip your Pally build 1 gear in this order:
Conqueror's Ursan Helmet>Gleaming Cutlass of Legend>Conqueror's Bone Plate and save that as a slot in your loadout dock:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/5cfeb6e9.png

Now, keep your Pally build 1 gear equipped, and then equip the Pally build 2 items in this order:
(Keep Conq's Ursan helmet equipped)>Iceberg Frosty Hatchet (or your 2H)>Iceberg Frozen Shield (unless you use 2H ;))>Iceberg Frost Knight Plate (Conq's Bone Plate works too) and save that set up as a slot in your loadout dock as well:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/01f85f59.png

Now, you want to put on the gear for mage build 1 in this order(NOTE: I have different gear equipped, but I listed the easier gear to get rather than the gear I have):
Flaming Fireblaster of Mastery>Dreamer's Elven Helmet>Wizards Frosty Robe>Dreamer's Bone Cloth and save those as a loadout slot:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/5cb4ad5c.png

Then, keep the gear from the mage build 1 euipped, and equip the mage build 2 gear in this order:
(keep the Dreamer's helm equipped)>Brain freeze Ice Wand (or Brain Freeze staff, or Dreamer's Bone staff)>Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball (if you use wand)>Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth (Or Dreamer's Bone Cloth) and save them as a loadout:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/381d4ae1.png

As for the skills, it really is your choice, I am not too great with skills, so I will possibly add them later when I have more solid skills.

The point of this is to be able to switch spec without respecing, so by simply clicking on the "Mage 1" in the loadout dock, then clicking "Mage 2" you can become a pure mage, then by clicking on "Pally 1" in the loadout dock, and then "Pally 2" you become a beast pally! It makes it a lot more fun, and very cool! It took me a while to get the math correct, but I finally got it!

This Guide took me a very long time, and it is a little confusing, it was for me at least, anyways, if you don't understand something please ask me, and possibly Harold since he is the one that came up with this as far as I know. I would like to thank him for helping me figure this out, and coming up with the idea, this makes twinking a whole lot more fun, and I will possibly make a different build later. Thanks!

vulgarstrike
09-21-2010, 04:59 PM
something tells me this wasn't inteded.

but I'll mess around to see if something can work with higher levels as well.

KingFu
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM
something tells me this wasn't inteded.

but I'll mess around to see if something can work with higher levels as well.

Ya, Banned was going to try this as well, I don't know if it will work, I know there are ways of carrying level 45 Str gear, and a level 45 (or a 43, not sure) wand, so it might be possible, but I am not sure.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM
This is awesome. I wanted to ask Harold about it the other day but I had to go offline. Thanks for the detailed post!

KingFu
09-21-2010, 06:15 PM
This is awesome. I wanted to ask Harold about it the other day but I had to go offline. Thanks for the detailed post!

Np, Harold banned and I played around with it in pvp, you can pretty much take some of the info from this guide and turn it into any class/specs you choose with the right gear.

haroldiv
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the post dude! Great guide too! I am way to lazy to have typed that all out lol.

I have two "dual hybrids" an ursan with str and int and an avian with str and dex. Will post their stats and gear later tonight!

KingFu
09-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the post dude! Great guide too! I am way to lazy to have typed that all out lol.

I have two "dual hybrids" an ursan with str and int and an avian with str and dex. Will post their stats and gear later tonight!

Thanks! Sounds great! I'm gonna level my twink bear and make him int and str, well, I plan to, I'm what a you a procrastinating leveler;)

haroldiv
09-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Come join another vyxnar farming session to lvl it up. I'll use my Mage instead of bear :p

KingFu
09-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Come join another vyxnar farming session to lvl it up. I'll use my Mage instead of bear :p

Lol, KK thanks :)

Protank
09-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Thats is really coo but are u effective in a pvp battle with someone whos twink is built like a int bear or even a maxed str mage? ( besides the 11/11)

haroldiv
09-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Hell yes. Been fighting other twinks this whole time and even been owning much higher lvls on both chars. Banned's int/dex bear is insane too!

KingFu
09-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Ya, mine for a Mage is pretty beastly, and I've noticed a great difference, I can go from Mage to pally, and as pally I can withstand nukes and have mega hs, and go back to Mage and have beast ms and put up mana shield and nuke them!

Protank
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Wow nice. Might have to try this if u guys own my twinks. We will see tho. Twinks will be at lvl soon like today if i can get on

KingFu
09-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Ya, it is fun!

I am gonna make a dex/int archer, so I might make a guide with that as well!

Htiek
09-25-2010, 12:39 AM
ty very much, it is really fun for me now, great guide

maybe off topic, i can switch to tank or bowbear anytime
also if laterly update extend the level cap to 50, then i have a chance carry a lance ^^

tank 2
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/htiekchan/pocket%20legends/IMG_1070.jpg

archer 2
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/htiekchan/pocket%20legends/IMG_1072.jpg

KingFu
09-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Nice htiek!!! That looks nice :) it good in pvp/pve?

Arkantos
10-08-2010, 10:30 PM
htiek wow bro 82505 kills and only 54 deaths awesome.

maneut
10-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi, just saw this.. how to do this at lvl 50? any ideas on equipment needed? :)

Protank
10-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Dude its about stacking i just did it on my pally last nite. Took me like over a hour to find the right stuff to stack. Totally possable tho

KingFu
10-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Hi, just saw this.. how to do this at lvl 50? any ideas on equipment needed? :)

My tank has been a pure tank/dex bear dual wielder for a while now, I'll post a guide sometime.

Protank
11-01-2010, 09:42 AM
THANKS!!! Just realized i never thanked you for posting this. It has helped alot in many of my builds from twink to 50. So tvym!

Derajdefyre
11-27-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought that level 19 was the popular twinking level?

Then again, I could understand if it was 30 considering I just hit 30 and finally some really impressive gear is starting to drop. The pre-30 selections were very limiting.

EDIT: What is this loadout dock you speak of? Is there a way to fast-equip gear that I don't know about?

juhnken773
11-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I made this happen with lvl 19 and 20
But it is VERY difficult.

TwinkTastical
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I made this happen with lvl 19 and 20
But it is VERY difficult.

Dude... it works lvl 10 up... easily.

Theres nothing "difficult" about putting skill points in...

Wyvern
11-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah there is... Sometimes I accidentally press the wrong button, sometimes I have an argument with dex, sometimes I lose my int gear, and sometimes str is AFK

TwinkTastical
11-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah there is... Sometimes I accidentally press the wrong button, sometimes I have an argument with dex, sometimes I lose my int gear, and sometimes str is AFK

Lol.....+/-1

KingFu
11-27-2010, 01:40 PM
I made my lvl 19 twink an int/dex bear a pretty long time ago, it's easy. My lvl 50 bird is a str/dex, my lvl 50 bear was a dex/str, my lvl 50 Mage was a str/int, my level 30 here was dual of course. So is my level 12 twink, dex/int Mage. I have been dual we idling for a while:D

TwinkTastical
11-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Any good str build dual wields, no exceptions.

jonboy
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm amazed that the ability to do this hasn't been nerfed must be working as intended.

TwinkTastical
11-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm amazed that the ability to do this hasn't been nerfed must be working as intended.
Nerf is just a fancy word for balance.

Djinn80
11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
How do you do that "load" build from the screenshot? Does it still work to dual wield now?

KingFu
11-30-2010, 02:03 PM
How do you do that "load" build from the screenshot? Does it still work to dual wield now?

Yes, you have to click the arrow next to your name for it to pop up

dudetus
11-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for this info bro :)!

MightyMicah
11-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Hey, check it out! Back when MysticalDream actually tried to help out on the forums ;)

Trenton
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
He actually seemed nice back then ;)

Elitephonix
11-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Why did sts take this away? This stopped warbirds and dex bears. Wasn't because they didn't know how to fix a problem?

Zapoke
11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Why did sts take this away? This stopped warbirds and dex bears. Wasn't because they didn't know how to fix a problem?

They took it away because, while it was extremely fun and interesting in low levels, the way stat requirements were going was leading to players only being able to equip one type of gear (int/str/dex) at once with each spec in later levels. The change allowed people in end game to mix and match gear, and low PvP was largely unaffected, though some of the more extreme builds were no longer usable. (26 bear with 65 ish armor and a talon, namely)

Everyone'sFavMage
11-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Wish this pro legend still played.

Zeus
11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
He actually seemed nice back then ;)

He was, trust me. :p

MightyMicah
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
They took it away because, while it was extremely fun and interesting in low levels, the way stat requirements were going was leading to players only being able to equip one type of gear (int/str/dex) at once with each spec in later levels. The change allowed people in end game to mix and match gear, and low PvP was largely unaffected, though some of the more extreme builds were no longer usable. (26 bear with 65 ish armor and a talon, namely)

Yeah it sucked. I remember predicting future problems when it happened! At the time, going dex bear or warbird meant not getting to mix and match with dex/str gear. In other words, no strength dodge Helm and armor with a bow. I feel like that's how it should be. All of the op classes are generally made due to this very issue.