View Full Version : Question about the new chests.

SuRfY
01-11-2013, 08:15 PM
How long will these chests be around for? If the level cap increase is next month, the new max level will be 26. Do holding on to the chests till level 26 and then opening it gives you level 26 versions of these equipments? lol

Aintgerman
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Maybe... i don't know!

Lesmiserables
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Well i already opened them :(

SuRfY
01-11-2013, 08:56 PM
The question is actually intended for devs to answer..lol...

Duflie
01-11-2013, 11:12 PM
They're not going to give a straight answer dude. If they do that players will just save the chest for next update and they will loose a lot of revenue since it requires plat for open.

clifle
01-12-2013, 06:04 AM
They're not going to give a straight answer dude. If they do that players will just save the chest for next update and they will loose a lot of revenue since it requires plat for open.

Players still have to spend plat to open the chests, now or later. It's about when the money will go into their pockets..

Astrocat
01-12-2013, 09:33 AM
You get a chest, you get happy. You look at the chest, you get upset. 15 platinum to open 1, and once opened, pinks from them are weaker than level 21 purples. Come on, really? They look pretty cool. I love their work for the design, the textures, and creativity. But the stats? Could have been better but oh well. Sadly, they look too cool that i need them. IMO. :)

Samhayne
01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
We don't currently have plans to remove the chests so they aren't time limited.

You get a chest, you get happy. You look at the chest, you get upset. 15 platinum to open 1, and once opened, pinks from them are weaker than level 21 purples. Come on, really? They look pretty cool. I love their work for the design, the textures, and creativity. But the stats? They, suck. Sadly. Because these new armours, would have been 100% perfect if stats were better. Just IMO.

Astrocat, your statements about the stats are gross overgeneralizations. I can appreciate that if you're looking for a very specific set of "best" stats, the items from the Crates may not fit into what you're looking for. However, they do have some of the best of the alternate weapons currently available. They also guarantee, when you open them, that you're going to get 1 pink and 2 purples of "elite" value (the value behind the scenes that determine the amount of overall stats that any one item has).

So come on, please keep it real. Thanks!

Astrocat
01-12-2013, 11:49 AM

Astrocat, your statements about the stats are gross overgeneralizations. I can appreciate that if you're looking for a very specific set of "best" stats, the items from the Crates may not fit into what you're looking for. However, they do have some of the best of the alternate weapons currently available. They also guarantee, when you open them, that you're going to get 1 pink and 2 purples of "elite" value (the value behind the scenes that determine the amount of overall stats that any one item has).

So come on, please keep it real. Thanks!

You only see the negative part. I also said they look amazing and I do have them myself, because their the best looking gear for warrior IMO. Like we say, there will always be complaints and stuff. Someone can't be 100% satisfied. But yes, I agree. Sorry for my language, Sam. I'll edit the previous post! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Royce
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM
They also guarantee, when you open them, that you're going to get 1 pink and 2 purples of "elite" value (the value behind the scenes that determine the amount of overall stats that any one item has).

One problem is that the new rings are in the unfortunate position of being undervalued due to a bug. They would be solid defensive options, but there are several level 20/21 "Warfare" rings that previously existed which are bugged with higher damage than they should have, rendering these new ones subpar even though they should have better stats (since they're elite they would have a few more attribute points). Otherwise I agree with you. The new guns and bows are nice, the dark watch sword is solid, and the new armors certainly look cool. The main issue with the armor stats, at least the sorcerer items, is that they're Dex heavy. It's true that different people want different things from their gear, but unfortunately no sorcerer wants Dex. It just takes waaaay too much to get any meaningful amount of Crit or Dodge. This is an overall balance issue, but I think it's a major reason why people are saying it's "bad" gear.

Energizeric
01-12-2013, 06:48 PM
I have to second what Royce said about the sorcerer armors. That is my biggest issue. The riffles are really cool and I bought one of them. (and then of course as luck would have it, when I opened the first chest I got, it had the same exact riffle, so now I got two! LOL).

xcainnblecterx
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
overgeneralizations....... sam what does this mean? Or any peeps i can assume what it means, but you know what they say about.assuming

SuRfY
01-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the reply. :)