View Full Version : I simply LOVE

KillaSkillz
01-12-2013, 10:01 AM
How most of the threads talk about "sorceror this", "rogue that". I guess I really picked the wrong class, warrior!
lol! Not a lot for most of us big guys on here.

I run a lot of Pick Up Games and I am capped so people that join me are L20-L21.
With all the threads of info for the other classes, you would think I would get plenty of runs with heavy hitters and jarl going down quickly, but nooooo that's not the case. I will admit it happens occasionally, and those rogues or mages are awesome, but the vast majority of the people in PUGs do less damage than I do! I mean come on, with the wealth of info on here and in game, you would think that my occasional 650 crit hit would be eclipsed more often by a rogue or sorceror. Most games I join I am doing the most damage per normal hit at 250+. Heck sometimes my 75 damage hits are the biggest that pops up.

I feel like an SL engineer. All this buffness for nuthin!
:)

Royce
01-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Rogues and sorcerers, more and more, will leave an elite run before it starts if there are warriors present because they slow things down so much. Maybe that's why the ones you play with have such poor builds? Otherwise, I'm not sure. You run into players with poor gear and bad builds a lot in PUGs, but even a terrible rogue should be doing more damage than most warriors.

Limsi
01-12-2013, 10:34 AM
I still remember before the expansion came how many times I thought of changing classes. Being a rogue during those times was a pain for me, especially during the early stages. I may hit a decent damage but my health just won't cope up with it. During elite runs before, warriors are a must especially in PUGs. I happen to once join a group with a mixture of rogue and mages, after a good 5 second of realization that we had no one to tank the mobs they all suddenly left. This was a common scenario back then, I would have to say that things would still be balanced and that you guys should not give up.

PvP is nearing, expect decent changes mate! Cheer up!

Ladycandyheal
01-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Rogues and sorcerers, more and more, will leave an elite run before it starts if there are warriors present because they slow things down so much. Maybe that's why the ones you play with have such poor builds? Otherwise, I'm not sure. You run into players with poor gear and bad builds a lot in PUGs, but even a terrible rogue should be doing more damage than most warriors.

Slow things down? I actually want a tank on PUGS and see some leave when none are present.

Royce
01-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Slow things down? I actually want a tank on PUGS and see some leave when none are present.
The problem is, at the 21 cap, very few warriors can manage to hold aggro with the huge damage of geared rogues and sorcerers, so tanking is pretty ineffective and warriors usually just wind up holding you back, not tanking and doing little damage. STS really needs to help them out.

Ladycandyheal
01-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Sadly true but I have survived at times due to good warriors who do their best with what they have been given.

Warriors definitely needs some tweaking

nicoB
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
I think warriors are doing judt fine the way they are. I'm a near maxed out rogue 275dps and the only time i steal aggro from warriors is on jarl because jarl cant be taunted anymore

Patricks
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Usefulness of different classes always change with new updates. Maybe next cap warrior will be indispensable and sorcerer will be useless. You never know. In this cap, warrior is...blah.

xcainnblecterx
01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Ill leave a elite jarl run without a warrior 85-90% the time as some do know how.to tank.

Energizeric
01-12-2013, 06:29 PM
I think you are finding more discussions about sorcerers and rogues here because so far those seem to be the more challenging but rewarding classes, while warrior seems to be the "safe" and "easy" class. So your more passionate players (who are the ones who tend to post the most on forums) have mostly chosen to be rogues and sorcerers. So there is more discussion about them. But as was said before, that could change depending on future updates.

Fianeloz
01-12-2013, 07:15 PM
I love my rouge :)

xcainnblecterx
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
My first toon was sorcerer and it was horrible during pre release, but now like.energize.says "rewarding "

ProSophist
01-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Why does it matter what other people play? If you're enjoying you're Warrior, then more power to you. Besides, you can't clear the higher echelon elite maps without a tank. As the game gets older, it'll progressively get harder, which means you would always need that meat shield by your side.

Skidmarkz
01-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Why does it matter what other people play? If you're enjoying you're Warrior, then more power to you. Besides, you can't clear the higher echelon elite maps without a tank. As the game gets older, it'll progressively get harder, which means you would always need that meat shield by your side.

Not true 2-3 mages can clear any and all elite w/o a tank...

Sharaobic
01-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Not true 2-3 mages can clear any and all elite w/o a tank...

They must be top players, I suppose.