PDA

View Full Version : Players who are looking forward to trade

Tobikuma
04-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Although this is not out yet, I feel it best to address the issue to lessen the choas its going to insue on HOW TO TRADE. Ive already posted suggestion to make a trade forum, but if that isnt done in time there needs to be a way to somewhat organize this. I stated there and again town will not be able to support the massive amount of people typing to trade with such limited chat history. I predict this will be a nightmare of people talking and drowning each other out is will be difficult to see or even respond.

As players how are we going to address this issue? We wanted trade, and now we are getting it, now we need to deal with the problems of flood of trades upon its release.

We need to pool idea's before this gets the update.

As for now the only thing I can really think of is using general/class forums for the trade posts if there is no forum made specifically for trade.
Or in game naming a dungeon STR/DEX/INT and color, for STR/DEX/INT color, becuase race has nothing to do with what weapons you use, and im sure blue/purple are going to be the most common trades at start.
EX: I am archer and I want DEX epic I have 3 INT epics
Arena name DEX Purple (or epic) for INT Purple
please can search the name like DEX to get rid of, or INT to obtian
Come in saw what your goods are and see what the other has to offer

Not the greatest in convience but its something better than massive chats in the town.

Anyone got anything else?

katlanta
04-24-2010, 07:15 PM
I haven't used chat much in PL (ok, at all) so I don't know if there are different chat channels (like WoW) but that is one option. If you want to trade switch to the trade channel otherwise leave it off to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Another possibility is to have a zone (or would that be dungeon?) set aside for trading, like the Bazaar in EQ.

An auction house setup like EQ2 where an NPC hold the item for sale at the price you want and people can browse through the stuff offered is also a possibility. That one would take a LOT more work by the developers to implement than either of the other 2, or your suggestions above.

ziae
04-25-2010, 10:22 AM
i think it's better to try with simple items to trade with friends before trading with strangers, especially since this is a new development. "beware: scams" its gonna pop up quite a few in the forums im sure.

anyway i think a good way will be to trade items over forum. once confirmed. player A makes a trade to send item x over for an amt of gold. player B checks pending sale, saw player A's offer accepts or rejects. but if its a barter trade of items, then maybe allow player A to choose what to receive in return for his item x through a drop down? or type? type will be troublesome.

then when accepted, both items from player A and B will be successfully swapped.

anyway just an idea.

Splurd
04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
They will put a better trade system in future updates.

Right now, it is only a simple version, to give other people items. It is not trade, its giving.

I think the main idea is for people to trade among friends or if some warrior gets a pink crossbow, you can ask it from him.

Sayishere
04-25-2010, 10:51 AM
more chat channels or customizable channels would be good, ones for different things in the future, a trade forum would be ideal, alot of mmos had that on their official forums, and secure trade is a must in the future

Endless
04-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Yea this is just simple "gifting". Hopefully people will remain polite and gift upgrades to people in their party-who contributed that is.

LordRaid
04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Meh, even if it's gifting I'm content with that (for now :P).

Just so as long as I'm able to transfer the items somehow to another character on the same account I'll be happy.

Worse case scenario, I'll just gift it to my friend and then he can gift the same items to my other character (archer in this case).

Tobikuma
04-25-2010, 11:41 AM
All good points
But as far as Scamming issue I do have some faith that we on the forum are little more honest and dedicated than scamming, id hope so.
Remember we dont have a forum yet, but if and when there needs to be a scammers list. And definetly somewhere else if infact it is a problem til there is a forum.
In other forums I dealt with you got a negative or positive comment on your profile for everyone to view and make a judgement that you are reliable trader or scammer.
Some kind of system like this would work well in the forum after some time. That still leaves in game traders oblivious though....

And as far as just GIFTING for being in a party, Im not so comfortable with that. Yes there are alot of items we dont want and could easily gift, but for instance on warrior crappy items are the income I use to pay for the potions I use tanking. And no where does that even equal out, I would still have to farm to break even.
Maybe if they do something about warrior (becuase I feel its a little lopsy, and half useless) or people learn how to play with a tank or at all that wouldnt be such an issue.

King Richie
04-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Because this isnt "trade" its gifts .. dont expect much your not going to be able to trade yet and if you tried you will get robbed alot !! beacuse its not like u can confirm that hes going to trade what he says with ya you have to trust them and that is something that cant be done so dont het your hopes up yet .. this form of trade is literally for friend to friend trade

expect everything else when real TRADE comes out

Tobikuma
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
I know its a temp fix, but there are going to be alot of circumstances of Yours for mine. Even in gifting, and not everyone has a friend, and the ones we do have may not have what we are looking for.
Gifting can still be trading. Players can be honast.
I personally plan to just swap out items to people who need them.
I have a HUGE collection to spare (most are 5+ of each item spead over the 3 jobs I have 30), so for instance, give me any blue/purple you dont want for the one you do.

Endless
04-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Exactly. It's a temp fix so that gear you may not be able to equip can be given to someone who can. Besides the new maps will drop soon and all the lvl 30 gear will be shelved for the new hotness. Why not give away one of your 15 epics?

Tobikuma
04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Thank you for being positive

Seriously.

The Trade thing was concidered a major issue by players and now that its coming people posting all the negative effects of a temp fix we should be grateful for until the real thing comes out.