PDA

View Full Version : Build centered on normal attack viable?

Wizard_Mike
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I just started my rogue, and haven't got very far yet. I am looking over the skills and none of them are really screaming "cool" to me. So I started wondering if I could make the normal attack the center of my build.

What I was thinking was taking aimed shot with the two upgrades that increase my Crit chance and lower the target's armor. Everything else would be pumped into passives. The idea is to keep the buff/debuff up with aimed shot (both last 5 seconds) and spam normal attack.

With the Crit buff from aimed shot, using Horton as my pet, using the best crit gear possible, and going pure DEX with my stats, would I have a high enough Crit rate to make a build like this viable?

Obviously I'll have points left over to spend into skills, so simply treat this as a hypothetical question.

rearden
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Level 20 with AS maxed, passives on dex and crit and the smoke bomb thing maxed. 1700 + crits on elite jarl and still wearing most of the same purples since I last upgraded at 17. I'm curious how it will run at 21 with upgrades.

Yakiniku
01-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Unless you're a skill spammer with Bane Knives or something, normal attack is going to be a staple of your rotation. Yes, your proposed build is viable, but you're going to miss some survivability and raw killing power by passing on Veil and/or Razor Shield. If you add one or both of these in with your AS spam, your damage will be ridiculous.

RS is debatable and some don't take it, but I'm not sure if passives can make up for the loss of Veil.

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I just started my rogue, and haven't got very far yet. I am looking over the skills and none of them are really screaming "cool" to me. So I started wondering if I could make the normal attack the center of my build.

What I was thinking was taking aimed shot with the two upgrades that increase my Crit chance and lower the target's armor. Everything else would be pumped into passives. The idea is to keep the buff/debuff up with aimed shot (both last 5 seconds) and spam normal attack.

With the Crit buff from aimed shot, using Horton as my pet, using the best crit gear possible, and going pure DEX with my stats, would I have a high enough Crit rate to make a build like this viable?

Obviously I'll have points left over to spend into skills, so simply treat this as a hypothetical question.

With aimed shot you do not need a higher crit rate what you want is more dps. Otherwise dex. With a higher dex your crits will be bigger, instead of more prominent.

Wizard_Mike
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Ok, thanks for the tips, guys.

I had no idea when I first posted this that the Crit buff from aimed shot stacked with itself. I thought it was just refreshing its duration each time. When I found that out, I was like "holy crap!", lol.

rearden
01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Personally, I would rather have more crits of a moderate to high level than fewer crits with a higher damage. I'm one shot killing stuff all over the place and that's on the first AS non-charged shot, so more of that seems better. Around 1900 on elite Jarl, once the AS buff is up and running.
I keep the DPS up as high as possible, but dex is second, and crit third. A warrior named Dalejr and I did some tomb runs this morning and it was like sprinting.

Cashews
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Base damage determines skill damage, not dps. The only thing dps is for is your normal attack.