PDA

View Full Version : Question about Time Shift skill

beilou
01-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Could someone tell me why the clock lands wherever it wants to? What I thought it did was land wherever I was when I let go of the button (I more often that not, charge all skills to full before releasing).

neodebronco
01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Time shift will land on the targeted enemy last location upon release of the skill button.

Royce
01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
It simply lands slightly in front of where you were when you released the skill button. If you are seeing it drop in a different position, it's most likely a lag issue. It has nothing to do with enemy position or anything like that.

drgrimmy
01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
It simply lands slightly in front of where you were when you released the skill button. If you are seeing it drop in a different position, it's most likely a lag issue. It has nothing to do with enemy position or anything like that.

Yes, as stated above! If you are running it will drop slightly in front of you when you release the skill button, but since you are moving and it takes time for the clock to drop, it appears that it randomly drops behind you (as by the time the clock hits the ground you are standing in a different location than when you released the skill button). Furthermore, if you are not runing in a straight line and you are turning when you release the skill button, it will appear that it drops behind and to the side of you, but it still drops slightly in front of you at the moment you release the skill button . I agree confusing and it takes some time to get used to and care with aiming.

Energizeric
01-14-2013, 03:37 PM
This is exactly why I got rid of this skill. The clock never drops in the most ideal spot.

meanakric
01-14-2013, 11:09 PM
After using this skill for some time, I managed to drop the clock tower where I want, fairly accurate. I always imagine that the location it drops is linked to character with a spring, with original place slightly in front of it. When you move, the location lags slightly behind you. Give it a little bit of time and it will be back to the front. Hope this helps.

CosmoxKramer
01-15-2013, 10:58 AM
yea, Timeshift works great in tight corridors like WT or Kraags but in open spaces, goodluck. I keep wanting to drop TS, but right now it gives the most damage per cast of any other spell on a boss (counting the explosion on expiration) without charging spells. witch charging it still is probably the best and probably even further ahead because of Countdown of Pain.

azefekie
01-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Time shift is pretty useful, if you know how to use it. It also works a lot better then the players I laugh at that use gale...scattering enemies all over the map...ya real affective

Energizeric
01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure why, but everyone is always in a rush. Yes, if you are going for record speed, then spells that keep the bad guys together and inflict large damage the fastest are the best. But some of us are more interested in minimizing deaths and keeping the k/d ratio decent. For those folks gale force may be useful. Gale allows you to get away clean when you are being attacked by a large mob. It knocks them all down and pushes them away, while at the same time giving you a burst of speed.

For myself, I tried both and instead of those two I added Frost. My other skills are Fire, Lightning and Heal.

azefekie
01-16-2013, 08:59 PM
heals pretty useless IMO, the speed upgrade on gale is too..

meanakric
01-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Heal, to me is always the key for a successful group with random peoples, important for elite runs, mobs killing, especially for someone using TimeShift like me~~~

azefekie
01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
or a group not afraid to use pots
Heal, to me is always the key for a successful group with random peoples, important for elite runs, mobs killing, especially for someone using TimeShift like me~~~

Energizeric
01-17-2013, 03:47 AM
Wait until PvP later this week, then everyone is going to want heal since you can't use pots in pvp.

Valsacar
01-20-2013, 01:31 AM
I use heal now more for groups than anything, I watch their health and mana and heal them when needed (often before some of them notice, either that or they're all cheap bastards). In the begining it was nice because I was always low on pots, but now... Klaas rarely gives me anything but, I haven't bought for at least 6 levels (been 21 for a bit now) and I have over 800 mana and I think 400 health (I use health more than mana lately, mana is just bosses that I need to pot).

Been thinking about dropping it for lightning or gale, maybe curse since I run elites a lot. Currently using the fire/freeze/time build with heal and 5 knowledge.