PDA

View Full Version : Preferred crate drop location?

beilou
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
I've received 2 crates from Elite Jarl so far but it's been a few days.

- How many crates have you received and how long did it take you to get them?

- Do you have a preferred location?

- Do they only drop from bosses? And ANY boss?

Royce
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I have seen one that didn't drop from a boss only once. It was on a Jarl run, and I believe it must have come from a little Scrooge.

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I have seen one that didn't drop from a boss only once. It was on a Jarl run, and I believe it must have come from a little Scrooge.

I have also from a witch in elite bael.

Pulenski
01-14-2013, 12:34 PM
I got one from kraag 4 pretty much as soon as I logged in with the fresh update. At least I think so...

Asahetek
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Ive recived 2 in one day from jarl and seen another 10+ drop.

Lowlyspy
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
The only boss i've actively farmed is REGULAR jarl and i've gotten ~6 crates from him, all from rerolls mind you. I did get one on a reroll from Kronk in Kraag 3. I'd highly suggest running regular Jarl, very quick runs with decent drop rates. (with a luck elixir, after 3 days of farming i have yet to see a genuine crate drop.)

Takezaki
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Running normal Jarl is very annoying though..

It's so quick that most often than not you will join a game and Jarl will already be dead. I wasted a bunch of re-roll elixirs just figuring out that the map was over. Wish you could solo more easily.

Lowlyspy
01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
True, i do wish they hadn't taken out the ability to make a 1 man party with yourself but oh well, the payout much outweighs the risk. At most those missed runs only cost you about 30 seconds.

Raxin
01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Like 1 min elite jarl is too long....

drgrimmy
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Non elite jarl is the fastest way to farm for. My last effort with a 15 min luck elixer got me 2 crates in about 20-30 runs. Just join the level, and if the first enemies are dead or the first crates are broken abort and reload the level. If this bothers you too much you can form a solo party and farm. Unfortunately with this technique you run into the issue of having to reset the level after each run. I found that the quickest way to do this is to leave the party and rejoin between each run. Annoying, but it works. Pretty much a waste of time at this point since the crates are becoming pretty much worthless. If you just farm elite jarl hard without elixer you will probably get a crate every hour or two.

They should drop from any boss and I have seen them drop from mobs.

Raxin
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
5k at cs atm buy em broski

Takezaki
01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Like 1 min elite jarl is too long....

Well it's not about elite jarl being too long as much as normal jarl being way faster.

When you are farming, you're going for speed and efficiency.

Why take 1 minute farming when you can take 30 seconds for the same result. You double your rates.

BodMaster
01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Watchers 1.

Spent time after time going through all levels and jarl constants and nothing.

Run watchers 1, 5/6 times got 3 crates from the boss. (Re-roll on dailies ofc tho)

Wiress
01-15-2013, 08:36 AM
I got 5 in one day, in about 1,5h. I guess I was pretty lucky. Two of them dropped from mobs; one from the mob before attacking Bael and the other from a little demon dog in the tower.