PDA

View Full Version : Chatting With Loco Cinco:

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
*this has been guild exclusive info for my guild for awhile now so thought it was time to share*

My Talk With Loco Cinco:
So today at 1:00pm mountain time I talked to Loco Cinco. He is the lead visionary officer in STS studios. We talked about one thing mainly, which is Pets.

So here is how the convo went:

Cinco: How many toons do you have?

Me: 5.

Cinco: what are there lvls?

Me: I have one at lvl21 and two at lvl20.

Cinco: how many pets you have?

Me: my main, the rogue, has all of them but Colton.

Cinco: what pets do you find yourself using the most?

Me: for my rogue I use hazel, ribbit, mallison, flap jack, and granite.

Cinco: nice, do you find that there are certain pets that there abilities don't seem to work for them?

Me: Well for example, ribbit, ribbit gives an awesome boost to str (hp) but then it's ability is crit. This ability seems to be irellevent for a warrior when he is soloing. Because a warrior really doesn't have that good of dps. I can see how the pet helps my friends but I would prefer a ability to help with the main stats of the pet.

Cinco: ok that makes since. So changing the subject a bit. Would you like vanity for your pets?

Me: nah, not rly it would get a bit complicated and convoluted. But I would like to see maybe actually items with with stats for pets such as Ear rings, collars, leashes.

Cinco: That's a rly good idea! I would love a doggy of mine to wear an ear ring. So do you use pets naming feature very much?

Me: I have named all my pets but actually regret it..... Because when people refer to pets that I renamed a long time ago I natural want to go reference. But they don't have there original name on them.

Cinco: Wow that makes so much sense! Now that u mention it, that is the primary reason I don't name my own pets. I think we will look into changing that in future updates. Like add a parentheses after the pets name you gave them with there original name.

Me: OH, there is one thing that disappointed me with pets on a graphic standpoint. Sense they start in an egg I kinda expected them to mature, grow larger, and more old looking as they lvl with u.....

Cinco: yah that has been talked about. I think everyone here has had visions of pets maturing as you lvl them. So I actually got everything I need. So are there any questions you have for me?

Me: well in that last video I saw you mentioned that pets would have much more meaningful part in the storyline of AL in the future..... Can you give some hints as to how the story line would link to pets?

Cinco: (repeats almost same thing he says in the video except....) There is an arcane energy in the world, and the pets come more into the storyline because they are more in tune to the energy than our characters are.

Me: Ok

Cinco: well u have actually brought something to mind I would like to ask. What pets would you like to see in the future? I mean we have pets coming along for all the new zones but are there any specific pets you would like to see?

Me: I would love to see a panda for normal pets! It would also be cool to see a pink bunny for Easter. Cute when inactive and then when in battle it all of a sudden goes into a rage all bloody like.

Cinco: that would be awesome for the Easter holiday! What sort of stats would you like to see on a panda?

Me: well honestly I keep thinking of King Fu Panda, haha, but I would picture the panda have hp increasing stats and a stunning attack. (In my mind I picture a tummy smashing panda :p)

Cinco: alright that makes sense. Well this was good I think we will try this again in the future.

{this is not word for word but defiantly thought for thought. I might have mixed up the order or the subjects also but you get the idea}

-Vystirch

P.S sry if I spelled anything wrong, or made a mistake. Enjoy :)

TheBedtBird
01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
No talk about pvp? Just my thought once you join in pvp you shouldnt be forced to wait for others to join it should instantly start once a pvp room is made or when a player joins the pvp room.

^^^^^^^
That coming from the most expericend warrior in arcane legends

Pulenski
01-14-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see more mythical style pets like Griffins and KRAKENS maybe...

Also spiders and scorpions would be pretty cool.

Mrsberry
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Vanity/items for pets ftw!

Rain41
01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes, you're right: no vanities for pets just items!

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Ty guys, also good ideas. Plz Feel free to feed back.

-Vystirch

P.S. I made it easier to read.

Lowlyspy
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Just sayin, if an easter bunny were to attack with a sharpened carrot or threw eggs, i wouldn't complain ;)

Bless
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for posting a script! Hmm so the pets will be involved more....hmm Im kinda stuck on this bit :s

I second the egg throwin rabbit!

CosmoxKramer
01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
good thought on gear for Pets Vystirch. I was also thinking that now that their passive ability stopped changing at 15, that maybe their Passive Bonus could start increasing every 5 levels so that as the #'s start to grow on our characters and gear, that the numbers from the passives don't become negligible or useless. with the next Cap, gear will have more STR/DEX/INT than the pet with the most STR/DEX/INT, so it is starting to happen. plus the h/s and m/s is becoming a complete joke. Every level the cost of spells go up, but our out of combat regen and the pet regen stays very low!

And, thank you for posting the discussion, very cool!!

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
good thought on gear for Pets Vystirch. I was also thinking that now that their passive ability stopped changing at 15, that maybe their Passive Bonus could start increasing every 5 levels so that as the #'s start to grow on our characters and gear, that the numbers from the passives don't become negligible or useless. with the next Cap, gear will have more STR/DEX/INT than the pet with the most STR/DEX/INT, so it is starting to happen. plus the h/s and m/s is becoming a complete joke. Every level the cost of spells go up, but our out of combat regen and the pet regen stays very low!

And, thank you for posting the discussion, very cool!!

Very good points. Hopefully they will read this thread.

Astrocat
01-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Very good points. Hopefully they will read this thread.

Thread named with "Cinco" will surely attract their eyes. :P

Wizard_Mike
01-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for posting this up. :)

And I have to echo what Cosmo stated. As the level cap continues to get higher and higher, the straight happiness bonuses from pets are going to eventually become pretty darn trivial. Either happiness bonuses need to level up at some point, or simply change them all to % bonuses, rather than flat numbers.

Cascade
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
His name is Cinco Loco not Loco Cinco.

Vystirch
01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
His name is Cinco Loco not Loco Cinco.

Ty, maybe a dev will change it.

Haowesie
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I would like to see a pet that lays eggs :)

Fyrce
01-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Would love to see backpacks for pets. Owl backpack ftw!

Jimmeh
01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
More PvP stuff. PvP Stats on pets! Heh.

D-:
01-19-2013, 01:14 AM
No talk about pvp? Just my thought once you join in pvp you shouldnt be forced to wait for others to join it should instantly start once a pvp room is made or when a player joins the pvp room.

^^^^^^^

I'd love to see #1 bear on leader boards 1v1 u.

Trenton
02-12-2013, 03:47 PM

^^^^^^^

I'd love to see #1 bear on leader boards 1v1 u. Bears in Arcane Legends ftw. :P

Jessicazx
02-12-2013, 10:44 PM
no flying meerkats?

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Time to bump this for the people that haven't seen it.

Vystirch
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Gonna bump this to remind devs on certain ideas, and show people who haven't seen this a chance to.

--Vys

P.s. also I think this should be done again.

Vystirch
01-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Ok definitely time to bump.

We got gems in 2013 lets see if we can get items/accessories for our pets in 2014. Such as collars, Ear Rings, Hats. The feature could be like the gem feature. Except you don't craft accessories onto pets. You craft accessories using recipes that drop throughout arlor. Using the essences for gems and new crafting "materials" such as minerals (earrings), leather (collars), and cloth (hats). I think this would be an awesome improvement for 2014.

Also can we please get the subtitle on pets that denotes there original name as was discussed in the op.

And 3 but definitely not last, could we please have this done again I felt it was a great experience that rly put the devs in tough with the community. Cause we arnt always sure you read the forums ;)

-Vys

Anarchist
01-07-2014, 03:07 PM
WoW thanks for bumping this Vystirch
I guess pet will become the main thing ingame next expansion.

I reccomend a Cupido pet.

Konviict
01-07-2014, 03:23 PM
id like to see a snake, as pet

rustygun
01-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Hmmm think about the space in inventory folks..

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Tapatalk

Vystirch
01-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Hmmm think about the space in inventory folks..

I did! Sts makes sales on inventory slots with plat or daily tokens and we get pet accessories.

I have 500 inventory and am not even close to full with all gem supplies.

BTW where did you upload your avatar from?

-Vys

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Its cinco loco

Amd from tapatalk..but mod guna remove.his now if they see it, cause well its not aloudddd

Vystirch
01-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Its cinco loco

Amd from tapatalk..but mod guna remove.his now if they see it, cause well its not aloudddd

Do you see how old is thread is? It's 7 days from being a year old. I even asked permission from the mods to be able to post this back then.

Anyone else that is going to post plz have useful feedback.

-Vys

Int
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
It be great if pets could use items or maybe a set to boost their stats slightly.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Yo im talking about the.guys picture in the profile avatar u asked about, so ye wtf u talkin bout?

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Im saying he is using tapatalk bug thats allows pics to b in avatar, but wen a mod sees it they are goin to remove it, i was here a year ago wen u posted this im LwMark

Vystirch
01-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Im saying he is using tapatalk bug thats allows pics to b in avatar, but wen a mod sees it they are goin to remove it, i was here a year ago wen u posted this im LwMark

Oi, sorry I didn't read your post correctly. What's with the weird forum name?

-Vys

thememeguy
01-07-2014, 10:49 PM
I want more Land Fishes or something extraordinary, like an Octopus walking in the land. u.u

rustygun
01-07-2014, 11:38 PM
I have 600 inventory slots cleaning Jung is a pain. My Avatar is one of a kind even if tell you'll never find another like him there :-) live with it or leave it alone :)

rustygun
01-07-2014, 11:39 PM
That's was it a heats game

drawfflerz
01-08-2014, 12:08 AM
When the first day of winter event people saw red hammerjaw on whim brothers visual. I think there will be sea theme for next event or new maps. I hope sts make octopus, crab, or mermaid as a mythic o arcane pet! Like this idea ^_^

drawfflerz
01-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Dinosours theme is quite good too, right? ^_^

Solid
01-08-2014, 12:15 AM
Maybe be able to craft vanities?

nelson131
01-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Breed gems with gems or mx gems?
Example: wind +wisdom = 1dex 1str 2 int?

Vystirch
01-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Maybe be able to craft vanities?

They were talking about that a long time ago, I'm thinking it got placed on a back burner or was nixxed.

Breed gems with gems or mx gems?
Example: wind +wisdom = 1dex 1str 2 int?

The idea of crafting gems together is interesting. There is tons of potential for it. Such as:

If you craft 10 fire gems together you get on super fire gem. Which now if you put in a iteam has a chance of imbuing a lvl higher when slotted. So we would have Normal > Grand > Flawless gems.

Crafting would go as such:

10 essence craft into a Normal Gem
10 Normal gems craft into a Grand Gem
10 Grand gems craft into a Flawless Gem

Essence is the material used to craft basic/normal gems.

Normal gems give +3 (hypothetically at lvl36)
Normal gems when being crafted into a item have a small chance to become Grand Gems.

Grand Gems give +6 (hypothetically at lvl36)
Grand gems when being crafted into a item have a small chance to become Flawless Gems.

Flawless Gems give +9 (hypothetically at lvl36)
Flawless Gems while not having a small chance to improve are a 100% chance at the best stats in a item.

I think this would be an interesting improvement and would make the gem market much more valuable.

Hopefully STS see this as well as the pet accessories Ideas,

-Vys

Anarchist
01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
They were talking about that a long time ago, I'm thinking it got placed on a back burner or was nixxed.

The idea of crafting gems together is interesting. There is tons of potential for it. Such as:

If you craft 10 fire gems together you get on super fire gem. Which now if you put in a iteam has a chance of imbuing a lvl higher when slotted. So we would have Normal > Grand > Flawless gems.

Normal gems when being crafted into a item have a small chance to become Grand Gems.

Grand gems when being crafted into a item have a small chance to become Flawless Gems.

Flawless Gems while not having a small chance to improve are a 100% chance at the best stats in a item.

I think this would be an interesting improvement and would make the gem market much more valuable.

-Vys

1 month to produce 1 flawless gem should be alright no?

so they will have a high value and stay rare.
i also reccomend putting a 75% fail on creating 1 supergem if not after 1 month the supergems and flawlessgems,which should be exclusive objects, will loose value like crawly.

baddiva
01-08-2014, 08:48 PM

-Vys

Great idea!

But I suggest that grand gems aren't tradeable... And the flawless gem are coming only by chance of upgrading with grand gems... This way people would spent better on platinums, but doesnt always have a chance to get cocky

Vystirch
01-08-2014, 11:43 PM
No I don't think they shouldn't be tradable, it would make a gem market much more steady. And besides they would be very very expensive.

-Vys