PDA

View Full Version : Apep sunkiller vs galzyx vs dark matter of Thoth

1337arded
09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Ok I know it's prolly been discussed b4 bit I couldn't find it... Apep does dam to multiple targets with reg attack? Do u really see the xtra 1 m/s and 3 h/s from galzyx as compared to the dark matter ? Has anyone tested all three of these staffs to see...
Right now I use dark matter of Thoth and have plenty of regen to never pot... Thoughts, feelings and general info would be much appreciated

Royce
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
The highest damage staffs are Dark Matter. They also have an armor reducing nightmare proc that causes them to do even more damage. Thoth is arguably just as good as Galzyx. 3 H/s is useless to a mage, so it's basically a 1 M/s for 3% Crit tradeoff.
The best AOE staff in the game is the Apep (followed by Ra). Both are great for groups of tightly packed mobs, while the DM staff is better for bosses or PvP.
Not sure if I answered your questions or not, so please let me know.

1337arded
09-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Perfect answer tyvm picked up a sunkiller of Horus which has 6 crit 2 m/s and it's great against mobs on boss runs then I switch to dark matter on boss.... Works great!!!

vulgarstrike
09-23-2010, 09:33 AM
hey, apep on an Int bear is amazing!
pull all mobs to you then using the aoe damage will get you realistically about 2000 dps, because of how much damage yup will provide. very excellent, check out chaudex's build

Inching
09-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I have both the Galazy and DM of Thoth.... honestly... the DM is fine. Assuming you have full thoth, there is not much difference in the MS, you wont see a difference... never buy a lvl 45 galazy staff as its retarded in how much they cost (1m ~ 1.2m). If you really really want one, they you can trade a lvl 45 thoth staff for a lvl 43 galaxy but honestly, no difference.

AO3 is coming out so save your bullets and better staffs will come out.