PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer start help

PeteZero
01-15-2013, 02:35 PM
So, have played some Pocket Legend, and now want to try Arcane Legend. Any tips for building a sorcerer? Stay INT 4 STR 2 for survivability? And also, for first pet, which one is the best of the three?
Andhow to choose the first skills?
Thanks for any fhelp for an AL noob.

Yakiniku
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
INT, INT and more INT. Since last update, INT grants you 3 HP per point invested, so STR isn't really that necessary anymore. Best pet is whatever grants INT. :p

For first skills, Fireball + knockdown, aoe range and DoT is your friend. Frost + Ice Wielder, DoT and duration is the mage's best kept secret for survivability and single target damage. Lightning is overrated IMO, but I do use it at endgame for a secondary nuke on bosses. Time Shift rocks if you have the root and DoT upgrades, but many prefer Gale in the early game. Heal is your choice. Some take it, some don't. I did.

The early goings for mage are actually pretty easy, so I wouldn't be too worried about a precise build unless you're planning to never respec.

iacito
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I would recommend getting the arcane shield with hardened shield and the perk that gives 15% additional damage reduction. As the guy above me said only do a pure sorcerer. I would recommend adding skill points on the passive called knowledge as it adds more Int.

azefekie
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
PM me in game i'll give you a good pet to start out with, no good ones with int for a while unless you use plat. (Godstouch)

azefekie
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
if you think lightning is overrated you don't understand what a mage is for..
INT, INT and more INT. Since last update, INT grants you 3 HP per point invested, so STR isn't really that necessary anymore. Best pet is whatever grants INT. :p

For first skills, Fireball + knockdown, aoe range and DoT is your friend. Frost + Ice Wielder, DoT and duration is the mage's best kept secret for survivability and single target damage. Lightning is overrated IMO, but I do use it at endgame for a secondary nuke on bosses. Time Shift rocks if you have the root and DoT upgrades, but many prefer Gale in the early game. Heal is your choice. Some take it, some don't. I did.

The early goings for mage are actually pretty easy, so I wouldn't be too worried about a precise build unless you're planning to never respec.

Yakiniku
01-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Haha oh man you're Godstouch?? I recognize your IGN because it's cool. You're a good sorc.

Yes, I do think Lightning is overrated. But you're reading way too deep into what I'm saying because I didn't say Lightning was a bad skill. I use it myself. A lot. It's a great nuke that delivers good damage, but people hail it as a skill that will make you a one-man killing machine, which it won't by itself. Damage is pretty much all it does. It lacks reliable utility like frost and if you don't invest heavily into crit passives or gear, you're not going to be able to take advantage of the 250% crit damage very often. Without the crits, Lightning DPS will fall behind Frost after all of the DoTs tick. But in no way did I ever say it was a bad skill. Just overrated.

Either way, I thought I already established that I don't know what a mage is for. I do damage, prioritize crowd control and heal party members. On these boards, all a mage is supposed to do is nuke, nuke, nuke. :p

azefekie
01-16-2013, 09:04 PM
ok i understood that wrong my fault, you're right lightning is still a single hit skill but the best one IMO
Haha oh man you're Godstouch?? I recognize your IGN because it's cool. You're a good sorc.

Yes, I do think Lightning is overrated. But you're reading way too deep into what I'm saying because I didn't say Lightning was a bad skill. I use it myself. A lot. It's a great nuke that delivers good damage, but people hail it as a skill that will make you a one-man killing machine, which it won't by itself. Damage is pretty much all it does. It lacks reliable utility like frost and if you don't invest heavily into crit passives or gear, you're not going to be able to take advantage of the 250% crit damage very often. Without the crits, Lightning DPS will fall behind Frost after all of the DoTs tick. But in no way did I ever say it was a bad skill. Just overrated.

Either way, I thought I already established that I don't know what a mage is for. I do damage, prioritize crowd control and heal party members. On these boards, all a mage is supposed to do is nuke, nuke, nuke. :p

Energizeric
01-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Yes, Lightning is the best skill for killing bosses.

PeteZero
01-25-2013, 04:12 AM
Thank you so much for all your help, great! I will go ahead, and look out for you guys, looking forward to AL. (A bit too preoccupied with PL currently).