PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok?

25thninja
01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Ok so everbody knows when those lvl one people come into balefort and they have some weird name that has to do with doubling gold and they say who wants doubled gold blah blah blah
So my question is, is it ok to do that if ur pretty sure they r legit?

Puddleglumm
01-15-2013, 05:59 PM
i wouldn't because once u go to the link they usually ask for email and password to your account, thats is what i have seen

dudetus
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok so everbody knows when those lvl one people come into balefort and they have some weird name that has to do with doubling gold and they say who wants doubled gold blah blah blah
So my question is, is it ok to do that if ur pretty sure they r legit?

Hi 25thninja!

Doubling gold is a hax way to get gold and haxing is against ToS so I wouldn't recommend doing it :(.

XghostzX
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
It's considering scamming... against the TOS.

Multibird
01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
bad decision my friend

Bless
01-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Wb?

Yich
01-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Dont think people quite understand the concept of doubling here, so I'll explain.

There are many ways people claim to double, some more common than others but all are almost always a scam. Heres a few common ones:

1.) give me your gold and Ill use my doubling app to double it. Ok this one is very much against the rules for both parties if gold is given to the doubler. To my knowledge there are no functioning cheat engines for PL, but what do i know?

2.) give me your account details and ill go on your account and double your money. This is escalating a gold stealing scam into an account stealing scam. In no way is this a "hack" or "hax".

3.) give me your gold and Ill use my own gold to give you back twice as much. This is the closest to "legit" they can get. Very rarely do people give money away like this, especially when there are much better ways.

Not all doublers are "haxers" or even someone claiming to be a "haxer".

Justg
01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Always a scam. And we perma-ban for it.

azefekie
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Who invited this guy^ :3 lol

Traebeles99
01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
I did!!! Lol jkjk Btw Sup G!... Back to scammers yes they are very very very very veryyyyyy bad. Simple as that

Suentous PO
01-15-2013, 07:02 PM
There allways wearing cheap equipment, if they could do what they claim they'd be wearing demonics and dragon stuff. I love to point that out to the crowd theyre trying to work over.

Oh yeah, make sure to yell out " DOUBLING REPORTS FOR FREE!!! LEGIT!!"

Justg
01-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Just report 'em. If you want to be double sure (ha!) PM me their name.

azefekie
01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Why can't our government work this way lol

25thninja
01-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Ok ty all cuz this guy was kinda acting sad that he didnt double my gold so i was like ugh... Connection issues... Too much ping..
And then i logged off
So yup again thx all

Ty
-25th

Griffinfan
01-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Just G for 2016..

Zeus
01-16-2013, 12:08 PM

Have you considered running for President? I'd vote for you.

Wtflolx
01-16-2013, 12:15 PM

So you will ban every 'gold doubler' i name you? Coz i made a list of names :)

CrimsonTider
01-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Have you considered running for President? I'd vote for you.

You missed some of that brown stuff on your nose. ;)

Matutd
01-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Think about it like this.
If someone could double gold, they'd have done it for themselves plenty of times. And anyone willing to give away gold for free, if they could double gold, would give it to you in one trade as they'd have gold cap due to their hack.
Anyone stupid enough to fall for this deserves to be scammed.

Caiahar
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
If someone could double gold, they'd have done it for themselves plenty of times. And anyone willing to give away gold for free, if they could double gold, would give it to you in one trade as they'd have gold cap due to their hack.

The newbies will think they are telling the truth. And only some new people come to forums, so u cant blame them...

Zeus
01-16-2013, 01:10 PM
You missed some of that brown stuff on your nose. ;)

Sorry, it blended in with my skin color.

Vilified
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM

I wouldn't say they deserve it but it is good to learn the lesson before they build too much wealth. We've all been scammed atleast once I think.... Maybe not with something so stupid but ill admit I fell for the "free map hack" in diablo II which just turned out to a be a program that controls your mouse and throws all your gear on the ground

Asicheenivy
01-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Always a scam. And we perma-ban for it.
my friend got banned but he didnt scam :/
i think a person doubled his gold and told him to say hes legit
otasnoob reported him and now hes banned forever

Samhayne
01-17-2013, 06:28 PM
They Asicheenivy,

We don't ban for "just saying it is legit". Likely there is something else to the story that isn't being said? Direct your friend to this support article: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20428617-i-ve-been-banned-help

Dreuefesie
01-17-2013, 06:42 PM
If it's too good to be true, it usually is.