PDA

View Full Version : Skill

Mohd Nabil Fikri
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Which is the strongest skill Noxious Bolt or Shadow Piercer?? Can you explain why??

Bless
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Nox is better for elites and piercer is good for scrap mobs, dashing.

Both deal similar dmg so hard to compare, but for elites go with nox.

Heiki
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Shadow Piercer hits 3 times when Nox hits just once so damage is higher on SP.

Yes, Nox has a 15% damage increase and a medium dot but i would be surprised if it actually adds up to the damage SP does. When upgraded SP also heals you quite a bit.

Nox is much easier to use though as you can position yourself as you wish and you're not getting hit left and right by melee mobs (at least at first).

Spicy1
01-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Shadow Piercer hits 3 times when Nox hits just once so damage is higher on SP.

Yes, Nox has a 15% damage increase and a medium dot but i would be surprised if it actually adds up to the damage SP does. When upgraded SP also heals you quite a bit.

Nox is much easier to use though as you can position yourself as you wish and you're not getting hit left and right by melee mobs (at least at first).

Nox damage increase is 10% not 15%. And for the record if you choose the right upgrades for nox its far superior than shadow piercer. The dot is aoe thus in larger groups of mobs than just 3 it deals significantly more damage. Also dont forget because poison spreads so does the damage buff. Many people forget this. I dont like shadow veil because its stationary and i like fast runs so i choose nox over that. Shadow piercer is also in my build for the heal chance and dashing.

Heiki
01-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Nox has a +15% damage increase of the initial shot AND a 10% damage increase of the DOT component. I'm not sure why everyone seem to think it increases all damage done to the target by 10%.

Fire a Nox on a mob and notice the increase in DOT damage (minor since +10% on each tick is not amounting to much) but it has no effect on other skills or your auto-attack damage.

Wil Fred
01-19-2013, 12:39 AM
if the poison damage is very little, should we not upgrade lingering poison (+ 3sec poison) and fragmentation (additional poison damage)?

so we just upgrade strengthened shot and serrated arrowhead for noxious bolt?