PDA

View Full Version : Why should a MAGE lead the pack in Elite Jarl Run

TheStoic
01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
90% of the time, I lead the pack in Elite Jarl run, Why? Because mage can knockdown mobs to make a clear path for other party members, and most of my runs I join a random party.

Skills I use:
1. Fireball
2. Time
3. Freeze
4. Gale (I dont have it) but based on my observation, it scatters the mob, thus making it more difficult for me to freeze all of them.

Here's how I do it:

1. On the 1st mob, strike Fireball, knocks them down, just run. The others should follow, you may get hit but it wont kill you.
2. On the 2nd mob, by this time Fireball has recharged, strike Fireball again, knocks them down, then right at the end of the bridge use Time. Time blocks the mob from going through which gives you enough time to regroup near the rock (left side).

Note: Im glad LilScrooge are gone, Im not against breaking those barrels what Im against about is getting the attention of the wizard goblin which will follow you until it sees you DEAD. Which in turn, will disrupt the focus of the part which is Jarl.

Once regrouped, a mage can take a rest to recharge skills.

3. Once recharged, charge again with Fireball, then Freeze.
5. The other party members after the Fireball should strike with all their might, the clearing out of the mob will be efficient and Jarl will be happy to see you.

P.S. I still die due to the fact that after step 3, the other party members fail to act fast, thus making me the center of the goblins eyes of attention.

Hope this guide helps!

azefekie
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
"skills I use"..."4:gale(i don't have this)" ummmmm

you shouldn't die, solving that is easy, after i freezing them all i cast fire, time, and light then still have enough time to charge ice (it only takes a second) then they're froze again. just repeat unless you have a good team then it'll be over fast

Norbert
01-17-2013, 05:42 PM
You hit on a couple of my pet peeves with Jarl runs. First, some warrior stands there and doesn't lead, second, people wandering off and hitting those damn barrels. The goblin's pink drops really weren't worth much and it makes the party arrive at different times and pull that one you mention.

When I'm playing sorcerer I do similar to what you describe. I blast fireball at about the start of the bridge, then Time when you meet those three after turning the corner. I save after that though, so fireball is charged when I hit the mob near Jarl and I can knock them down. Hopefully by the time they're up your party has them engaged.

I started a warrior just to address the first peeve above (well, and wondering about tanking in general). With him I use horn of renew just before hitting the bridge - that should get me aggro and give party members (who started with me*) protection. I swipe at the rest of the buggers to get their aggro and don't worry about the damage. Another HoR at the final Jarl mob and try to maintain aggro. It's obviously a pretty easy run with whatever mix of players (if everybody is active*), but I think people pump fewer pots if there's a decent tank. (Though you obviously need decent dps too or it just takes forever.)

*Another pet peeve for Jarl is players showing and then dinking around. Why do people join the most speed-farmed map in the game if they need to go pee pee?

Pro tip: pee first, THEN farm.