PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in the next revision?

asommers
04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
We're planning on submitting a new version to Apple once the iPhone version is approved. What's on your wish list of things for us to fix or address? What currently annoys you?

-ALS

Daphne
04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
You've actually already fixed my biggest issues. :D

But here are a couple more based on some of the minor annoyances I've found while playing:

It's too easy to move the character by accident when using the touch to move option. Per Fitts's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts%27s_law) it might make sense to move the buttons right up to the edge of the screen, perhaps with a bit of a dead zone. Though an option to double click to move might work. Or even, allow multi finger clicks to be assigned as shortcuts for certain abilities, assuming the ipad/iphone/ipod touch supports it. For example I might assign healing to tapping with four fingers. Frost to three, and fire to two. Though number of gestures should be keep very small.

A slight improvement to the target selection might be nice as well. It's too easy currently to end up splitting the party attacking different groups of monsters since clicking the attack button seems to pick the closest one to the character which might not be the same as the rest of the party is attacking. Combined with the auto movement to get closer to the target this tends to pull groups apart in areas of dense monsters. Could the logic be tweaked slightly so that if you don't have a monster selected and a party member is attacking a nearby monster that it is considered slightly closer than it actually is for target selection. Example mob A is 11 units away, B is 12 units away and C is 30 units away. Lets say the "party attacking adjustment" was 5 units, if the someone else in the party was attacking B, it would be picked over A. But if they were attacking C, A would be picked since C is much further away even adjusted. Nice thing about this approach is that it feels more natural to the players and doesn't require another button such as an assist character button used in many similar games.

Osiah
04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd like to see one zone of "Ye olde towne" and a reason for having a neutral zone, like trading. If there was one neutral zone it would allow for more casual player interaction with others and if there was a trade function then there would be more of a reason for a neutral zone.

PvP would be great too but I understand that it's takes a lot of time to implement something like that.

I like the game a lot so far. Looking forward to seeing how it will progress!

Justg
04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Right now there is a limit of 25 characters per town for performance reasons. We may be moving to a slightly different currency system which would allow us to put vendors in townes. Trading is also possible but we want to make sure we have the economy under control before implementing anything like that. PvP... on the Short List :)

FeralDruid
04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I was fortunate to give PL a go last night on a friends iPad, and I truly liked everything I saw. One thing I would like to see changed, however, is purely cosmetic. The Action Button Cooldown Timers. When I finally get this on my iphone, I can imagine having all these little red progress bars can become a strain on the eyes to see when they are full. This has the potential to detract from the gameplay because either the action isn't ready yet, or I'm moving the phone up to my face to see if the action is infact ready or not.

I have two possible solutions, although I only mocked up one :P If you take a look at the attachment, you'll see that the action button's cooldown timer is represented by the icon going from dark to it's normal color saturation to indicate that the action is ready. Now I know we've seen this before in other games, but it works, it saves valuable realestate on such a tiny screen, and the method in which it's implemented here is different.

The second option is to just change the progress bar to a different color value when it is at 100% to indicate that it's ready. This would solve any issues of glancing at it and thinking 98% = 100%.

Lastly, one final request I have is with regards to farming. From what I noticed in my first go last night, you can pretty much run around and open treasure boxes at will. This means someone can log into my instance, farm all the loot while I'm busy on the mobs, and then zone out, ultimately spoiling the rest of the run for me.

Please require that the mobs near a treasure chest must be taken down before the treasure box can be accessed/opened.

Daphne
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Lastly, one final request I have is with regards to farming. From what I noticed in my first go last night, you can pretty much run around and open treasure boxes at will. This means someone can log into my instance, farm all the loot while I'm busy on the mobs, and then zone out, ultimately spoiling the rest of the run for me.

Everyone in the zone gets an equal share of treasure from the chests when they are open from what I've seen, so that shouldn't matter. Notice the + gold stuff that appears above everyones head when the chest are open. Seems to work from some distance away, as I got a share of treasure near the start once while running back after dying on the boss near the end of a zone.

FeralDruid
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Everyone in the zone gets an equal share of treasure from the chests when they are open from what I've seen, so that shouldn't matter. Notice the + gold stuff that appears above everyones head when the chest are open. Seems to work from some distance away, as I got a share of treasure near the start once while running back after dying on the boss near the end of a zone.

I'm not so much concerned about loot sharing, more about losing the reward factor in clearing the instance in the first place. Unless theres an instance cap per hour, this has the potential to become ugly once the community becomes larger and people are more interested in farming items. I found no pleasure in working on a mob solo only to have a guy zone in, grab the loots, and then zone out.

asommers
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm not so much concerned about loot sharing, more about losing the reward factor in clearing the instance in the first place. Unless theres an instance cap per hour, this has the potential to become ugly once the community becomes larger and people are more interested in farming items. I found no pleasure in working on a mob solo only to have a guy zone in, grab the loots, and then zone out.

You can always make your instance private if you don't want other players to enter your game.

-ALS

asommers
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
You've actually already fixed my biggest issues. :D

But here are a couple more based on some of the minor annoyances I've found while playing:

It's too easy to move the character by accident when using the touch to move option. Per Fitts's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts%27s_law) it might make sense to move the buttons right up to the edge of the screen, perhaps with a bit of a dead zone. Though an option to double click to move might work. Or even, allow multi finger clicks to be assigned as shortcuts for certain abilities, assuming the ipad/iphone/ipod touch supports it. For example I might assign healing to tapping with four fingers. Frost to three, and fire to two. Though number of gestures should be keep very small.

A slight improvement to the target selection might be nice as well. It's too easy currently to end up splitting the party attacking different groups of monsters since clicking the attack button seems to pick the closest one to the character which might not be the same as the rest of the party is attacking. Combined with the auto movement to get closer to the target this tends to pull groups apart in areas of dense monsters. Could the logic be tweaked slightly so that if you don't have a monster selected and a party member is attacking a nearby monster that it is considered slightly closer than it actually is for target selection. Example mob A is 11 units away, B is 12 units away and C is 30 units away. Lets say the "party attacking adjustment" was 5 units, if the someone else in the party was attacking B, it would be picked over A. But if they were attacking C, A would be picked since C is much further away even adjusted. Nice thing about this approach is that it feels more natural to the players and doesn't require another button such as an assist character button used in many similar games.

Did you know you can change your target by tapping on a new one? However, next build should include some improvements to tap targeting. During beta, we debated a lot about target selection, and concluded that target closest seemed to be the most logical.

-ALS

Jakis
04-07-2010, 11:09 PM
I was fortunate to give PL a go last night on a friends iPad, and I truly liked everything I saw. One thing I would like to see changed, however, is purely cosmetic. The Action Button Cooldown Timers. When I finally get this on my iphone, I can imagine having all these little red progress bars can become a strain on the eyes to see when they are full. This has the potential to detract from the gameplay because either the action isn't ready yet, or I'm moving the phone up to my face to see if the action is infact ready or not.
Great feedback and I've added this to my list. (it's been bugging me too, but several higher priority things have come up.) Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and mock it up, I was planning to do something similar to what you suggested.
Thanks!
Jakis

setec
04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I've had this for a day and due to work, only got to play it for about 4 hours or so. I leveled a Warrior to 12 so far. I absolutely love this game. Clearly, there was a lot of love and care put into this game.

Since I play WoW, I compare this to WoW. Whether that is fair or not, it does offer some comparisons that show possible things that could be added to PL.

1) I have read the guide on the webpage and read through the forums. Reading through the forums, I saw that you max out at 13 unless you buy new map packs. This is similar to a free WoW trial. I understand you have to make money and I am so addicted to PL now that I will be upgrading after I get all 3 class chars to 13. However, unless I missed something (and I may have), I don't see anywhere where it is clear to the new user that level 13 is the max without going to newly purchased areas. It would be nice, upon reaching level 13, that you are given the information that you can certainly continue to play to gain gold and items, but that going past level 13 requires the purchase of new game content. It might also be nice to put that in the guide or an FAQ. I use forums a lot but a lot of people don't and might not have stumbled upon that.

2) Since I have only been playing 4 hours, I don't have the map names memorized yet and what their difficulties are. So, I get confused when trying to join a game or even create one as to what level the mobs are in the game. From reading the forums, I saw that you can't get XP for mobs killed that are more than 3 levels below you. This makes sense, but it would be nice if it where clear what mob level you were going to join. Especially since a new player might want to tag along with a friend but doesn't realize his lvl 1 is in a lvl 13 zone. I know in WoW, if I am level 20, I am going to stay in areas for my level and not jump over to a level 80 area. Again, I know PL is not WoW, it is just something I am using to make a point. As for the levels of the mobs, are they all the same on each level? Meaning, on a particular map, are they all level 8 and then the next map, level 9? Or are the mobs on a same map different levels? Are the bosses the same level as the mobs with better armor or are they a higher level. It would be nice if there was an option to turn on that would simply display a number above each creatures head with the level they are. If the boss is elite, but the same level, then maybe one color for normal mobs and another for the boss. I understand this might not look pretty but it would be nice as an option to turn on. I would leave it turned off by default if added if you are worried about cosmetics.

3) Not so much a suggestion as a question regarding XP & Gold. If I solo (by password protecting my game) will I get more gold from the chests and more XP from each kill then if I was splitting it with a party. This is a comparison from WoW as well. If this is the case, it would be good to know in a FAQ so that if you want to level up quickly, you could choose to solo or if you wanted more gold to yourself you could choose to solo. I personally hope it is the opposite of WoW, in that no matter if there is 1 player or 5 players then, the XP for a creature kill is the same for all chars and the gold is the same for all chars. So, if a creature gives you 20 XP and the treasure chest gives you 7G, then everyone gets 20 XP and 7G, rather then splitting it evenly among the party. I think this is key to encouraging game play with multiple persons. If I know that I am splitting the gold and XP with other people, I might choose to solo a lot so that I have the gold to purchase items, but I miss out on the party play which is really one of the best parts of this game.

4) One more thing, I just noticed this. I know you say you don't get XP for chars that are 3 levels below you. Well, was checking out something with the UI, so I logged into a game on the first level. There were two new level 1 chars there. I decided to do some easy killing and help them out. Well, I noticed that it kept saying XP above my head. So, since I am level 12, would that mean these mobs were level 9 for level 1s to fight? Or was I actually getting XP (which would be an error) ? Or was it just saying XP but I did not receive anyway (another error) ? Or am I just crazy (wait, don't answer that one)? :)

Anyway, those are some of my suggestions. I am going to go play now. :)

Daphne
04-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Did you know you can change your target by tapping on a new one? However, next build should include some improvements to tap targeting. During beta, we debated a lot about target selection, and concluded that target closest seemed to be the most logical.

-ALS

Yes, but once I've launched an attack at the "unexpected" target it's a bit to late, and also about half the time when I try to click on a mob to change target I end up moving instead. I can see why closest makes a lot of sense, was just suggesting it have a slight bias towards mobs already in combat. Looking forward to the tap targeting improvements.

I'm a bit of an RPer.... I can just imagine my enchantress saying something like:
"Sorry I didn't mean to blast you with a fire bolt just yet, could you kindly just stand over there pretending that you are still blissfully unaware of our presence, whilst my teammates and I deal with the rest of your colleagues? No? Oh well, guess you might as well come over and join the scuffle. Mind the ice." ^_^

Kremin
04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I would kill for a "Heal Me!" emote. By the time you type it in, you're dead ^_^

Spacetime Games
04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I would kill for a "Heal Me!" emote. By the time you type it in, you're dead ^_^

You can always set one of your Quick Chat options to: "OMG HEAL ME NOW PLS" :)

Tulli
04-08-2010, 02:41 PM
A remember password option on the login screen would be ace.

Reaper
04-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Ahaha..... The 'HA HA HA HA HA HE HE HE' song on the menu pleasse!!! xD

balornt
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I will admit that you guys went above and beyond for this game. I do have some issues.
1. Costs: I understand the account stuff. I am a little concerned when stage packs and item packs for a given dungeon are separate costs. If you have to pay $4 for every 10 character levels (corresponding to one dungeon) then if you want to get to level 100 (in theory) you would have to pay $40. You are also talking about arenas, which I expect will cost extra. My main concern is that if you really want to get the most from this game, you will have to spend up towards $100.
2. Stash: Characters need a way to transfer items from one char to another without a second player. I don't see a way to do this yet. My mage has a rare archer armor and I have no way to get it to my archer.
3. Auto-target: Sometimes loses target after one attack = very bad as a low health mage.

mefiik
04-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd love to have in game some "party option" if you are once leader you should have chance to kick somebody out off party (players which are not playing just gettin xp) or invite your friends to party:)... maybe would be great to make easier way to get into dungeon... lot off people which connect to game dont know how to get out of town(anyway i think that if you want to play you will find some way how to do it)... And last thing... the idea of world (like Lineage WoW) is not bad idea:) it will be much easier go out of "neutral zone"(town) to hunt monsters.. and how far you will go you will meet stronger and stronger monsters (always you can have some "special dungeons" for money)

EDIT: maybe something like "PM"(personal messages) in game would be great:)
EDIT2: if you can make normal chat without clicking on "custom"

PS: hope you understand everything and that any of my idea will me added to new version.. even so i am lookin foward to new release:)

MrPwn
04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
hey so first i would like to say congradulations for making an amazing game. Its so good it even pulled me away from bad company 2 so thats an acheivement all its own. There are some bugs ( as expected ) and i just wanted to inform you of them for the update.

#1. Friends list - i am ( it seems to be after i join a game ) not able to join my friends games. I have to reboot the game and then it works ( but only once then i have to reboot again ).

#2. When you attack an ememy they will only go for the first one that hit it. This can be anoying for you and the rest of the group as a boss will just follow you for the entire battle.

#3. if you were able to create partys or some kind of group that would be awesome ( maby some kind of group lobby ? )

#4. Sending messages to friends

#5. This may be excesive but i just think having some kind of a voice chat ( this is where the party option would come in hand ) would make this game even better. This would also greately improve the longevity of the game creating more of a social network of players.

Other than that, great job. Hopefully all of those things can be addressed.

Those who are actualy part of the pocket legends developers if you could add me that would be much apprectiated ( Wazup ) i would really like to play with you, or maby contribute to the games development.
Thanks.

Reaper
04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I would love to see 'Towne' larger or new places like that where people can hang out... :)

Kodax
04-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I would like to see some large open zones with a variety of terrain and features. An area that players can explore and grind in. Also, within the classes I would like to be able to specialize more. For example currently I think of my toon as a healer but with only one healing spell the role hardly fits.

While on the topic of the enchanter it would be nice if we could have a spell that perhaps is a single target heal that could be used on a sleeted ally so that we don't have to wade into the middle of everything to heal the tank ( which of course draws aggro from all surrounding mobs.

Snafoo
04-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Not to sure if it has been mentioned before, but helptext to describe what benefits the next level of a skill will provide.

Also maybe showing the other skills available to a character (setting level restrictions before obviously so they can't be used off the bat). This would help in planning out a character.

Martin JF
04-10-2010, 06:22 AM
a paladin class lol :P A healer/tank class would be awesome.
And I Think the best animal for it would be deer, lol.

Zezima
04-10-2010, 08:41 AM
1. Chat with your friends on the friends list.
2. Kick players from your game if they are idle/leeching xp.
3. Be able to see what gear the other players are wearing (names on the items)
4. Trade items or only receive items that matches your chosen class.

Kroan
04-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Ok. Here's my list.

- Trading
- Only classes that can actually use an item can receive it (when quality is green or higher)
- A better way to go to your friendlist from the main-menu. (Buy items seems like an odd choice to go to your friendlist)
- A "your friend has come online" message
- Class-colors in health-bars (i'd suggest brown for warriror, green for archer and white for enchantress)
- "Inactivity" results in a ban. Had several occasions that someone was just leeching in a dungeon and didn't do anything. I think if he doesn't use spells for about 2 mins, it's worhty of an automated kick.
- The "filter"-option doesn't work; when you try to filter levers, you can input a number but there is no "enter" button, so you can't "accept" the filter. Also i'd love a option to filter dungeon's by map-pack.
- Remove "buy gear" for other classes then your own. Don't see the point. Or sort them so that your own class is always the first class you see. Now I always have to scroll to get to my own class.
- Pricing of the map-packs feels to high. For $0.99 I can buy full games and here I spend double the amount for 6 (5) levels... I bought one pack, but I'm doubting i'll buy another one soon. And the less people buy packs the less people there are to actually play with on higher levels...
- I'm playing an Enchantress, level 12 now... and I want to heal with her. However since level 9 or so there's nothing intresting to put my skill points in. I put one point in rez to reduce the mana-cost, but to be honest that seems like an odd choice now. It's a situational spell. I'd rather reduce the manacost (or cooldown) of my healing spell. Any chance to give a blessing on a lower level so enchantress can invest in that instead of being "force" to either save points up or spend them in damage-spells?

Baitntackle54
04-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Well the game is amazing by the way, I'm very impressed but I do have alot of things I would like to see so I'll make a list

-characters/classes, I would like to see more types of characters to pick for one class. I know their is plenty of animals out their that you could create for the game and maybe you could give them the options to pick what class they want to be. And only unlock them after a player has reached a certain achievement with and existing character. The other characters I would suggest doing are: lizard, deer, wolf, cougar, and elephant(would make a pretty cool tank). And as far as classes go. I kinda like how you guys made the optionto customize from in the class what you do. But I feel like the Mage is the jack of all trades but the master of none. So maybe keep him that way and give him a couple abilities no one else has. But I would like to see more classes. And still be able to customize more from within the class. Here's a list of classes that came o my head.
-healer/buff , I know enchanters can heal but they leave alot to be desired. A healer could be given alot more heals, some that increase regen and others that heal larger amounts of health. You should take resurrect from enchanters and give it to the healer. And obviously give them a couple attacks that have to deal with divine or holy power and light. But the other thing to help with the class would be buffs. You could allow them to give damage resistance, attack increase, mana regen, health regen, speed, and all those good things. Who knows maybe that should be two different classes?

-summoner, you gotta have a class with pets so this could be it. Give them some minor attack spells nothing to special, make most of their spells pertain to supporting their pet. And as they advance in levels maybe every 5 levels their pet changes to something stronger. You could also allow them a couple buffs to give pertaining to the elements.

-necromancer, everyone loves a scary evil necromancer. Obviously they would get a pet to but instead of it as a constant companion they have to use the dead bodies of others to bring their minions to life, and they only have a certain time limit of life. As they spend attribute points on their skills you could allow the pets to last longer and depending on how strong or week maybe raise multiple pets. And as far as their other skills go give the necromancer life and mana leaching spells.

-Mage, the enchantress is good at multiple target spells and that should be their nich in their class. You could allow a Mage to focus more on single target nukes that have a longer recharge. And allow them a couple buffs that protect more gainst the magics.

-thief/assasins, are more of the sneaky class, they could have an invisibility spell that allowed them to sneak up for a stab in the back with their daggars. You can allow them attack skills that poison their enemy. And buffs to increase their attack speed as that is the focus of their class is fast mel�e combat.

Anyways that's the characters/classes I could think of off the bat. I think that would really contribute to clans and pvp as their would be more niches in combat that needed to be filled and even from within the certainclasses they would have to pick what they specialize in. Buffs you could allow them to be multi target depending on hoe high they upgrade them +1 character for every added point. I would realy love to wee the bigger variety of characters running around and classes to choose from.

Now onto the next thing I know probably wouldn't be implemented immediatly. Dungeon crawling is fun and good for people on the go, but I would like to see this game more of a open world mmo. So you could sell expansions with new dungeon crawl experiences along with more towns and zones. Right now I like the idea of towns but I'm sure if you guys remember guild wars you can understand this more. You could have certain towns throughout the world(this would allow for a class that teleports). But anyways you could have alot of different towns throughout the world and that's where the large ammount of player interaction would take place. And then from the towns you would go out into a open area to fight monsters and complete the quests you accepted from the town you left. And you could let people have their own zone to themselves and just create a party to go with them.(maybe that would help cut down on traffic because that's what you do now with dungeons?) and maybe certain dungeon campaigns are only findable in certain towns. But I would like the more open world feel with actualy quests and adventures.

-jobs, I would like to see skills that we could improve out of combat that would allow us to have jobs, fishing/hunting could supply a better more expensive source of health and mana recovery that will be needed as we advance up in levels and our amount of health. Armour crafters could make more custom armour you can't just buy. Weapon crafters could do the same with weapons. Jewelers if you add rings and necklaces.

sush
04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
- item trading
- ability to send messages to friends
- guilds
- ability to show only games of a certain environment (e.g. dark forest) when looking for a game to join

dancerdudes
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
refer to my thread HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?205-Lots-of-suggestions...) - I didn't notice this until after I posted it :) i want to look at some of these suggestions and add them to my post if it is all right with you guys!

dancerdudes
04-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I love your ideas, but you are missing some of the points. This game is also (semi) child friendly. The thief/assassin class might cause Apple(c) to make the ratings higher than their ratings already is. Your ideas seem real big time. It is still a mobile game. My ideas also need to come down to earth too. I just think that right now they need smaller ideas.

I was just shocked at this quote:
they could have an invisibility spell that allowed them to sneak up for a stab in the back with their daggars ----this game has given a more fun approach to gaming that I have ever seen in an MMO, or even iPhone game. You never get the sense of "angry" violence in a killing game.

lostboy
04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
At level 20 here are my suggestions that don't take complete game overhaul:

- Gold. It's worthless. All I can use it for is to buy potions, and that's boring. Possibly put some better gold-purchases in game.
- Difficulty. Make it harder. Possibly add the "heroic" option like WoW has when you start a game with much more difficult enemies and better rewards?
- Add the ability to see future skills. I feel like I will be forced to spend the money to re-stat because I don't know what to save up for.
- This is probably a bug, but in the iPhone "minimum level" field in finding a game, you have no option to submit or hit enter.
- ABSOLUTELY needs more quickslots.
- Nthing the ability to kick leechers from your games.

edit:

- Add a "report player" function
- Why do I have to see whenever any player in the game buys something from the store?

_ck
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Here's my long, big list, roughly in the order of importance, from top to bottom.. :)

- Trading: I definitely think this game needs trading, BUT it should only be trading one item for another of equal value, NO SELLING items. People shouldn't be able to buy a lot of gold with iTunes and get the best gear, they should have something they've acquired to trade for it. Also, I'd like to be able to trade between my own characters.

- Unified friends list: One list of friends for your account, not one for each character.

- Character customization: fur color for warrior, fur/beak color for archer, eye/skin color for enchantress. It'd be cool to see a white polar bear!

- Moderator/owner: The one who started the game should have the ability to kick people out if they aren't playing fair (like hanging back gaining XP/gold and leveling without contributing). No one likes leeches. Maybe there could be an auto-kick for idling too long as well, so the moderator doesn't have to act every time someone is leeching.

- XP/gold only for combatants: Right now you get an equal share even if you're not active in killing a bad guy.. Maybe it'd be better (and make it a bit slower to level) if you only get XP/gold for a kill you were active in, even if it was just one blow. Gold in chests should still be shared though (wouldn't be fair to the poor short-distance warriors otherwise).

- Larger town: Bigger, more open space, add some cottages/houses to make it look like an actual town. Currently it just looks too much like a section of a dungeon level. Maybe there could be several different towns too, maybe there could be some "magical" towns accessible later in the game that helps you regain health/mana faster?

- Edit chat message: I only just now realized reading this forum that I can edit those standard quick-chat messages. I thought the chat bubble next to them just meant the same as clicking the phrases, not edit. Maybe you could add a little pen/quill graphic on top of the chat bubble, just to make it seem more like an Edit button?

- Quests: I don't have any concrete suggestions for this since there is no big world to explore (also something I'd like to see), except that I'd like to see this added in some way or another.

- Freebies: I know, I know. The game is free, I shouldn't be asking for more free things, but when the upcoming two dungeon packs are out, those who have played all those five will have paid $10 for dungeon packs to get there (and possibly more on other things), and I think it'd be cool on your part to give those who have bought and played that far a freebie dungeon pack, or some other nice freebie, and have this be recurring every now and then for your most loyal, paying players. Doesn't have to be a full dungeon pack or anything, but maybe a few levels, and maybe you could go a little crazy with them too, in terms of level design and such.

- More classes/characters: There's already the human character NPCs in the town, so it'd definitely be nice if there could be more than the three (maybe not now initially, but at some point at least).

- Help/tutorial: I've seen a lot of people in the town asking about starting a new game, or why they aren't leveling past 13. A bit more in-game help seems needed for these guys. Perhaps once you reach level 13 you get a pop-up message saying that to keep leveling you have to buy an expansion pack? I keep seeing people giving the game a low rating on the iTunes store because they don't understand why they can't get past level 13.

NON-GAME SUGGESTIONS:

- Reference guide: I'm reading all about these combos, skills, weapons and such, and it'd be great of these things could be collected somewhere.

- Newbie guide: I'm completely new to MMORPGs, PL is the first I've ever played, so I had to look up what Crit, Regen and DPS meant, and all the other terms people are using like respec, NPC, DLC, etc. Some kind of newbie help guide would be nice (at least for the terms used in the game). I know there are some on this site on how to get started, but maybe it could be expanded.

- Official website: Right now, this site is all you've got which is mainly informative but not so selling. Why not turn pocketlegends.com into a really nice "ad" site to help sell the game? Put that lovely artwork from the loading/authorization screen up top, add a nice wooden background, then just offer some basics about the game, like an introduction to the game and gameplay, photo gallery, videos, links to the iTunes pages, to this forum and such. Here's a really great role model for an app site: http://rampchamp.com

Long list, but only because I think the game is really great and I see so much potential for it to become even greater. Maybe some things aren't feasible on a mobile platform, but you've already done so many great things with this game, can't wait to see how it'll progress!

wttwoa
04-11-2010, 11:11 AM
i'd like to see trading, and pvp eventually added down the road, fixing leechers, report button, and a maybe a free respec once u hit lvl 20, dont dont have to use it if u dont want to.

Tyrlar
04-11-2010, 12:50 PM
A way to cycle through targets. I sometimes have trouble changing or selecting a specific target. Understandable on such a small screen, but maybe a cycle target button of some sort would make it easier.

badmanj
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
A way to cycle through targets. I sometimes have trouble changing or selecting a specific target. Understandable on such a small screen, but maybe a cycle target button of some sort would make it easier.

I didn't even know you could switch targets - thought you had to kill 'em before you could lock on something else... how do you switch?

Cheers,

Jamie.

dveight
04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I love this game so much! here are my suggestions to making an excellent game even better!

-When the expansion comes out maybe add 1 more armor spot...(belt, pants,necklace, etc). it doesnt have to be super fancy gear, just work your way into it.

-better friend communication, maybe a way to pm your friends that are online, or send mail?

-trade, i know you guys are probably working on it already so ya....

- like the post above, a better way to cycle thru targets, im an enchantress and when i fight bosses i only want to target the boss, but sometimes its super difficult.

-maybe add some sort of dmg/healing filters. when the lvl first starts the game keeps stats of all dmg and healing done by people in the game and resets after each individual lvl is done

-

_ck
04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
All I've heard about target switching was that you would tap the baddie you want to target, but in my experience that seemed to only work if you used the tap-to-move control method, not if you use the virtual joystick. I've tapped and tapped without any luck switching targets. But even if that'd work in both control methods, it's way too hard to do on an iPhone. I imagine that works better on the iPad version.

A button that cycles through targets within range would be nice.

Disastrix
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Iknow its a long list but it would be cool to see some or all of this stuff in the game at some point

-If bosses had rare item drops that would be cool. I do see green and orange and sometimes purple. But i mean really cool stuff that would take work to get and would give us a reason to get new dungeons and to go bak to old dungeons.

-Player item trading i know your probably already doing something with this so i wont go any further

-Bosses are way too easy. Ive played lots of MMORPG's and most of em have bosses being like anywhere from 5-100 levels higher than the players making them hard and making players use strategies and smart parties. I understand the party cap of 5 kinda restricts this but i think the bosses could be maybe anywhere from 5-25 levels higher than the players even then. Or maybe even allowing more players per party. I can solo a lot of em and others only take 1 or 2 more people when played strategically. Or even cooler would be dungeon difficulty levels, the higher you go the harder it gets and the better drops you get.

-Pvp is always nice but i can understand if you cant really incorporate that now or ever.

-If you do make dungeons or bosses harder maybe increasing the party size to 6 or 7?

-A new class is always welcome as long as its not super ridicolous

-A way to get rid of leachers instead of letting them sit there

-In game friend private messaging, and being able to join there game when you hit join on your friends list instead of a long list of games they might be in.

-More towns to explore and stuff would be fun. It would be cool to explore a world instead of hitting new game and going to a specific level.

-Quests would be cool, maybe if they had cash or item rewards.

-Character Customization maybe, fur color, eye color, etc.

-Maybe more armor slots, belt, boots, and duel wielding or secondary weapon would be cool.

-Different item rationing, players in a dungeon should choose how items are rationed, Round Robbin or maybe rolling for items. The players with most use for the item should have an advantage of getting it maybe.

-More items!!! The stores are nice but after a certain level there no good, plus you cant buy certain types of items like axes from stores.

-More ways to use your gold instead of just buying armor and weapons. Maybe buying mounts or a house.

-An Auction house or something of the sort. I often times find myself recieving orange and green items that are no good for me, i dont like just selling them because some of them are pretty rare, It would be nice to b able to get a pretty penny off of those kinds of items. Plus i would be able to buy items that are harder for me to find if i save up enough. I currently have like 3k or some gold that i have nothing to spend on.

-A bank would be awesome!!!! It would b useful to store money or items on one character than get it bak on a different character.

-A mail system? i think it would be a good match for an auction system, u could recieve items that you bought through an auction in an ingame mailing system. P.S. yes i got that idea from WoW, lol.

-Last but not least, the new game button im fine with, picking levels im fine with. But those should be like there own thing for party play and stuff. There should be a regular world thats just for exploring that is connected to the town with grinding areas, farming areas, and town specific shops that have higher and higher level gear, that would give people a reason to be in the town and exploring. It would also help make the 1.99$ map packs seem less scary because they wouldnt think that there not worth it. I say that because with every new map pack you should get along with the 6 levels some extra piece of the world thats higher level and 1 or more new towns to explore. Im just putting that out there, i think it would be really cool to see that. You guys already set the standard, why not bump it up higher?

I think the biggest thing with players who are asking for free or .99$ dungeon packs is that theres no point to go bak to old dungeons after theyre beaten. I think that having higher difficulty levels or rare drops that are dungeon specific would really make players happy because the dungeons would then have replay value. Also i think the dungeons should be level specific meaning that if a level 1 makes a game on the first level of the free map pack the game comes with the monsters should be level 1 or 2. But if a level 25 makes that same game the monsters should be scaled up to level 25 or 26. The drops should also be level specific so that the 25 dusnt get level 1 items.

And after that long list i feel you guys deserve some props because your the first ones to get the essence of a true action MMORPG. Seven Swords Prolouge is the only one like this but the gameplay feels choppy and hard to play on an itouch. This game is amazing and i play it all the time. Everything above are just requests, i would play this game even without them. Its so amazing! Thank you so much for making it!

P.S. I do realize that if some of this stuff does get done it wouldnt be instantanious or something. I get that it takes time to work with games like this. So just keep doing what your doing and ill keep playing ! :)

Jaysal
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Even though you have to be a certain lvl to buy dungeons.. I keep getting lvl 10's 15's in the very last dungeon... and usually they afk at the entrance.. Please place a lvl restriction on dungeons... this is a must or people will constantly leach off of others.. So far this is by far the biggest problem in game.

Also I very rarely see purples in game... This is ok.. But as of now there is no way to roll on the item or even trade..

In a perfect world i would like to see warrior gear auto go to one of the warriors in group.. leather to archers... cloth to enchantresses... However I realize some people like to roll archers with shields and swords.. so i think the best option is to give us some way to trade with other player or at least roll on items...

Those are the 2 biggest issues i see with gameplay. Both are things that i see deterring people from sticking with the game.. When you see the Purple item you want go to an enchantress 3 times in a row and them say sorry and have to vend it because they cant use it... .. It makes me not want to bother with the game anymore.

Otherwise great game and best attempt at an mmo, hack n slash game on the platform.

gsimonds
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Fix the looting system, and implement trading! And fix the warrior auto attack nonsense.

:D Love the game btw!

nerdherd
04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
OK, I'll try to keep this short (for now) :D

1. Trading!
2. Leechers: this one is getting worse and worse. I initially didn't see it at all, but today in my four hours of playing (yes I'm slightly addicted) I had at least three leeches show up in the level and not do anything. When we moved to the next level they would follow, but still not do anything. We need an option to kick a player (maybe a majority vote) and better yet, we need the option to report these punks.
3. Sorting games by campaign

Those are the ones that I would like to see right now. I know other improvements will come with time :)

Bootneck
04-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Here's my wish list

Trading would be great, particularly between own characters.
A bank in Towne to store items (for those collectors amongst us).
A combat arena in Towne for team PVP.
Move shop to Towne. I hardly visit Towne due to the lack of need.
Quests to complete in each map. Collected from Towne such as kill 30 zombies or collect 5 iron swords etc. This would give more purpose to replay of each map.
Daily quests for high levels (currently 25) as there is little to do with a L25 character apart from farming gold and weapons. If you have three characters at 25 with purple equipment there is not a lot to come back for on a daily basis.
Equipment slot for legs and feet.
Achievements page in menu to list achievements such as dungeons solo, kill streak without death, completing dungeon way above level, combos completed etc.
A large open area PVP map with hazards for 5, 10, 20 person free for all battles.
Weapon enhancement through use of elements found in dungeons.
Special weapon chests at the end of maps with random drops of common to rare items.

Congrats on game so far!

_ck
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Another thing I thought of that would be cool:

- Primary/secondary weapons button: Instead of having to go into inventory to switch weapons, it'd be nice if you could do this on the go as you're playing with a button in-game, and that you could determine a primary and secondary weapon in the inventory.

Rylin
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
The ability to switch between two primary weapons is a really great idea. It's something I've seen in many MMO's now and hopefully its something we can see implemented soon

SirDarkened
04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm interested in

-Quest System
-Trading within your own account (Then make it global later)
-Unified Friends list
-Ability to send some sort of message to your friends like "join me" or "invite me", something like that
-Ability to multi-hit different enemies, instead of being locked on to one, add an option to make it able to switch around like you can hit one enemy then run and hit another one, then come back and whack the first enemy. All without having to tap to change.

Apostar
05-15-2011, 09:22 AM
My wish list is pretty short:
An increase in the stash storage.
And I would love to see a scroll bar inbetween the arrows of the friends list instead of always having to continually press the up/down arrow until you get to the player you want. Or it constantly moving as more players log on.

Riccits
05-15-2011, 09:36 AM
fix the bug for the mysteryweapon. have all ingredients but thers no "enter forge" button by the npc in the museum... :/

Samhayne
05-15-2011, 10:05 AM
fix the bug for the mysteryweapon. have all ingredients but thers no "enter forge" button by the npc in the museum... :/

Do you have the recipe ?

superss
05-15-2011, 10:17 AM
well in not sure if kossi has posted yet but there are a few things id like... #1 pvp rewards (kossi has posted this idea before in a thread or 2) #2 guild townes #3 shield customizer, when you complete a certain quest it would give you a "shield template" you could take it to a tent were you could design what would be on the shield. once designed it would become a vanity item. thats all that i can think of right off the bat. ill post again if i think of more!

Riccits
05-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Do you have the recipe ?

yes i have all. u can look into my char Riccits.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7843/img0233f.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/img0233f.png/)

Ladylove
05-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Dang y'all dug up a year old thread lol.

B0w1-of-R1ce
05-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Ability to hide vanity helms
Please :)

Also, make a down arrow when browsing platinum shop screens. Dragging sometimes leads me to press the skill button, inventory, etc.