PDA

View Full Version : 1 hour versions of the 15 minute elixirs

Libria
01-16-2013, 07:44 PM
It would be nice to have 1 hour versions of the single category, 15 minute elixirs.

A +25% loot reroll elixir costs 2 platinum. Even simple linear scaling - 8 plat for 60 min - would be welcome. Or in the case of the XP elixir, 16 plat for 60 min.

You might even get a shot at upselling if you discount it, say 7 plat for 60 min; players disinclined to go past 30 min of elixiring may find that 1 plat just the push they need. Not to mention 4 reminders per hour that you just lost platinum. Condense it to 1 time per hour and it's easier to be impulsive.

There is a 60 min "thrasher" for 35 plat, but I believe the thought that people will pay 340% more for the convenience of not having to re-elixir every 15 minutes is somewhat ... optimistic.

Vystirch
01-16-2013, 08:48 PM
It would be nice to have 1 hour versions of the single category, 15 minute elixirs.

A +25% loot reroll elixir costs 2 platinum. Even simple linear scaling - 8 plat for 60 min - would be welcome. Or in the case of the XP elixir, 16 plat for 60 min.

You might even get a shot at upselling if you discount it, say 7 plat for 60 min; players disinclined to go past 30 min of elixiring may find that 1 plat just the push they need. Not to mention 4 reminders per hour that you just lost platinum. Condense it to 1 time per hour and it's easier to be impulsive.

There is a 60 min "thrasher" for 35 plat, but I believe the thought that people will pay 340% more for the convenience of not having to re-elixir every 15 minutes is somewhat ... optimistic.

It's a marketing plan, if you want to save money you spent for the hour one. If you only need it for one run then I buy just a 15 min. one. Remember they are a business, so getting people to use more plat gets them money.