PDA

View Full Version : Capture the Flag Coming Soon!

Samhayne
01-16-2013, 08:07 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23049&d=1358378949

4 vs. 4 Capture the Flag Player vs. Player Map Coming Soon!

Let's get ready to rumble!! Gather your friends and join the mayhem as 4v4 Capture the Flag is launching very soon as a free addition for all Arcane Legends players!

Fight opponents for control of the flag. Run the flag, scout, defend your flag or go all in... it is up to you! The first to 5 flag captures wins! A new leaderboard recording PvP kills along with PvP Achievements and Titles will also be added.

Capture the Flag is currently in final development testing and could go live as early as Friday, January 18th!

We will be posting more details about how skills work in a PvP map. Skills won't function the same as they do in a PvE map. For example, all roots become snares. Stuns, knockdowns, etc. have lesser duration so they are not overpowered. Damage and heal values are also tweaked for balance. We will be looking forward to player feedback of the initial release to further dial in balance.

Bless
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Nice to know about the skills :) you rock Sam!

Lowlyspy
01-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Sweet. Are we gonna be seeing a king of the hill type pvp mode like in DL? I rarely pvp but i love that mode :3

Samhayne
01-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Sweet. Are we gonna be seeing a king of the hill type pvp mode like in DL? I rarely pvp but i love that mode :3

Possibly. Capture the Flag is one of the most popular game play types in the Legends franchise. We want to get that out first and work on class balance. After that, sure, more game play variants like Free for All or King of the Hill could come out.

Vystirch
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Possibly. Capture the Flag is one of the most popular game play types in the Legends franchise. We want to get that out first and work on class balance. After that, sure, more game play variants like Free for All or King of the Hill could come out.

Yah! What about guild v Guild Sam is there any hope for that. Plz be honest, just want to know.

azefekie
01-16-2013, 08:54 PM
you can guild vs guild if you can password a room..not sure if they'll make this. kinda hope they don't or these hungry leader board nubs will lock a game with 2 devices and farm themselves like they did in PL
Yah! What about guild v Guild Sam is there any hope for that. Plz be honest, just want to know.

Lady_Pebbles
01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Woot! Went from 3v3 CtF to 4v4... Closer to 5v5! ;)

Would love to see FFA style in CtF on AL as well as FFA style DM and Guild vs Guild PvP. Plus achievements and hell maybe even a tournament system!!

Sam, any plans on making a Tower Defense type of PvP in these games? Can it be possible??? I think that would be a great way to introduce Guild vs Guild PvP... *hint hint* lol

Jcyee
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM
I too am hoping for a King of the Hill type of PvP and maybe also a PvP arena like that of PL (if that's possible). Can't wait :)

parnasofication
01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23049&d=1358378949

4 vs. 4 Capture the Flag Player vs. Player Map Coming Soon!
For example, all roots become snares. Stuns, knockdowns, etc. have lesser duration so they are not overpowered. Damage and heal values are also tweaked for balance. We will be looking forward to player feedback of the initial release to further dial in balance.

You basically just nerfed the warrior and sorc right there. If stuns were at least 50%, lesser duration would be justified. Not complaining cause no live test yet, but if stuns will just act as skill interruption with 1 sec duration.. well, we'll see.

It does seem hard to balance, good luck with that.

Duflie
01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Warrior = kings in king of the hill

Cero
01-17-2013, 01:16 AM
can enemy steal life packs from rogue?

Vystirch
01-17-2013, 09:56 AM
You basically just nerfed the warrior and sorc right there. If stuns were at least 50%, lesser duration would be justified. Not complaining cause no live test yet, but if stuns will just act as skill interruption with 1 sec duration.. well, we'll see.

It does seem hard to balance, good luck with that.

I think they want to balance out all the classes, so just be patient for now. You don't even know yet PvP hasn't been realeased.

I would assume not sence enemies in PvE can't......

Samhayne
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM

Nope -the same way that your rogue trap won't snare your team mates (but will snare enemies) or smokebomb won't buff your enemies.

Cero
01-17-2013, 04:59 PM

Nope -the same way that your rogue trap won't snare your team mates (but will snare enemies) or smokebomb won't buff your enemies.

bwahaha ...life packs barracade:D

azefekie
01-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Warrior = kings in king of the hill
^ couldn't be more wrong

Deathblaze
01-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Surely there is a Pvp Arena right?And if there is might I suggest you guys put some goblins in it just to give it a slightly high level of Difficulty.
I LOVE YOU SPACETIME STUDIOS YOU DA BEST :)

azefekie
01-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Surely there is a Pvp Arena right?And if there is might I suggest you guys put some goblins in it just to give it a slightly high level of Difficulty.
I LOVE YOU SPACETIME STUDIOS YOU DA BEST :) Goblins are for PVE, people are for PvP I'm sure you'll find it plenty difficult without.

Deathblaze
01-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Well thanks for telling just wanted to add some "spice" Lol. DISREGARD THE GOBLIN SUGGESTION :)

Deathblaze
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
I cant wait for pvp im soo excited!

Nnaziza
01-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Potion?

yuriramos
01-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Potion?

Potions shouldnt be allowed imo.

Will arcane shield have the same benefits for mages?

Realtx
01-18-2013, 05:20 AM
How much longer? Ive been staying up waiting for update. Lol it will be worthwhile. Fyi rogue will own all ;)

Liquid Ice
01-18-2013, 05:56 AM
As someone else has already mentioned, will potions be disabled? Also, are there other options to tick off such as PvP matches that allow/not allow elixirs, armor, weapons etc.?

Final question: is it possible to run two skill builds now? I can't see builds working for PvP and PvE. For example, as a warrior I have all taunts. Those are wasted points that I believe have zero effect in PvP.

Thank you.

Bless
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
As someone else has already mentioned, will potions be disabled? Also, are there other options to tick off such as PvP matches that allow/not allow elixirs, armor, weapons etc.?

Final question: is it possible to run two skill builds now? I can't see builds working for PvP and PvE. For example, as a warrior I have all taunts. Those are wasted points that I believe have zero effect in PvP.

Thank you.
1. No potions - unfair
2. No elixirs in pvp EVER - unfair
3. You will probs get a free respec when pvp comes

Melodicdeath
01-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Nerfed skills for pvp..so much for my enemy ice sculpture garden idea :P

Melodicdeath
01-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Potions shouldnt be allowed imo.

Will arcane shield have the same benefits for mages?

I don't see it yielding the previous benefits....lifegiver is the way to go...I'm not fussing with a shield

Liquid Ice
01-18-2013, 04:47 PM
1. No potions - unfair
2. No elixirs in pvp EVER - unfair
3. You will probs get a free respec when pvp comes

That's why I'm asking if there are toggle options before going in. If you want a naked fight so that money has no effect on a match, there's a toggle to search only for those who also toggled that option. Same for elixirs and maybe a certain number of potions. Things of that nature.

And even if I respec, I can't tank then. This is why I'm asking if there will be two build slots available.