View Full Version : Let's talk Warrior.

Chaotik
01-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Ok so this in my opinion needs a major overhaul. Warriors as of now imo are useless pointless and well why the in the game lol. As of now warriors are both low DPS and low DMG ok thats a wrong formula right there.

I have a 21 warrior decked out. 21 rogue decked out and a 20 1/2 mage decked out in 20 gear.

Now playing my warrior i feel like i am just wasting pots. after many jarl runs and tomb runs blah blah blah. I have come to find that a charged reg atk hits as hard and harder then any one of my skills on warrior. His skills are incase questioned are skyward smash, chest splitter, windmill, and axe throw. Now from all my many years of MMO experience one thing has taught me warriors in no doubt should be feared. They should be low DPS but massive DMG output. Which they are far from in AL. Heck my mage at lvl 20 skill dmg is double that of my warriors. Now taunts another waste i tried those but in no way have the agro management to hold from a elite mage and def not a elite rogue.

Now warrior weapons again this is backwards lol. You interduced sheilds and 1 handed swords now these should increase def, DPS, and lower DMG but ya they don't. Two handed swords do both increase DMG, and DPS. Error wrong again lol. 2 handed weapon should increase DMG but decrease DPS alot.

Skills the skills are ok and cool.

Armor for some reason i am having trouble with this lol and major trouble. I kinda feel like armor is well pointless ATM. Why you ask my rogue has 600+ armor cant remember off top of my head. My warrior has 833. Now my warrior gets hit just as hard as my rogue does but the only advantage in my warrior got double the HP, but what good in double the HP when in only takes 2 more hits to kill a warrior then a rogue. Let my rogue has epic dodge and well rarely gets hit thank goodness since ATM rogues are the best tanks.

So i bring this up and this should be seriously tweaked again warriors should be low DPS but when they hit the person/AI mob should be saying holy crap wow that hurt. And well PvP starts friday and well i feel alot of warriors are just gonna be a ton of meat bags rip for the picking. I hope i am wrong and you guys are up to something PvP wise. But i def know PvE wise warriors are well face it pointless.

parnasofication
01-17-2013, 02:16 AM
'Nuff and well said. And just to add a berry on top, the new armors from crates are even anti-warriors and pro-rogues. We get it ok? It's the time for rogues, will the game developers stop flaunting it already?

Chaotik
01-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Well said. But poorly typed omg. Wow after reading again the typo police should put me in prison. Lol

Hopefully warrior will get a tweaking though.

parnasofication
01-18-2013, 04:50 AM
I was planning on posting my own suggestion, but since this is a "Let's talk about warrior" thread, I'll just put it here and hope the developers take it into consideration.
Well, just an expansion of your idea anyway.

Don't tie warriors to being tank, let us be able to choose from being a damage dealer and a tanker. Sorcerers are debuffers with their knockdowns and crowd control with their aoe skills. Rogues can now serve as tanks with their high dodge and decent def, switch to boss killer or aoe depending on their skills. So I don't think its too much to ask to let us have our choice as well. To do this:

a. Make our weapons, namely 2h ones, to have higher damage than rogues or sorcs (damage and not dps). Our dps can even be lower than our damage for all I care. We have vengeful blood and loki for this. It's a viable skill build, and even rogues or sorcs will appreciate this cause we can contribute more in parties. You can add a (-)armor or (-)25% hp on our 2h weapons to decrease our survivability, and make this a weapon only for those warriors who want to be damage dealers. This way, it balances out and will prevent other classes from inadvertently screaming OP.

b. Put some more effort into making our 1h weapons: low damage, average dps, BUT with a high amount of bonus armor. 109 is not a justifiable added armor for warriors who will be tanking as their main role. Make 1h weapons have procs that will hold aggro more or an "always active" 25% increase in hp, make it a necessity for warriors who will tank, not an option.

c. If weapons will be tweaked, then the armors should be as well. Make two kinds, one with +percent on attack but a -on armor and one with +on armor and -on attack. The (-) should always be there to prevent overpowering and maintain balance. By doing this, a new class division will emerge without the need for much tweaking in game.

d. I don't know why but it's been 2 months or more since the game started, and the developers still seems to be having a hard time with displaying correct damage and armor % increase values. Our skills are fine, but the 25% damage increase from vengeful blood doesn't show in stats, and you need to fix this asap. Main reason? Vengeful blood needs a debuff from my suggestions and a (-)decrease armor value on this buff needs to be shown so we can calculate exactly how much armor we have left by opting to have a higher damage output.

It's not a secret to everyone that warriors are the most numerous class in this game. By doing this, there can be 2 or more warriors in a party and it will still function well. Right now, we can't deal decent damage nor tank as well. Sure, we have a bigger health pool than others but it's not enough.

Our only purpose right now?

a. Interrupt Jarl, which is not necessary anymore cause other classes can take it.
b. Cast HoR when Mardrom unleashes Meteor, still not as useful cause Mardrom will cast another one before skill cools down.
c. Buff rally cry and act as nitrous for running parties, and since speed buffs don't stack, this becomes useless when others already have one.
d. Lure pumpkins away from first boss in arcanum grounds before he explodes.

To the game developers, please take this into careful consideration. We suggest, and now we want to see some feedback. This is just a rough draft, and of course it's up to you guys to straighten it out and put the final touches. But now that the idea is out there, we hope you can take the time to read it. :topsy_turvy:

abekrivy
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I joined this board just to agree with these guys. Seems like warriors have gotten screwed. C'mon, show the warriors some love!

Plus I'm getting really tired of seeing rogues & sorcerers complain (in the chat) about having too many warriors or any warriors in a party (elite runs). Seems that nobody wants a warrior around anymore because we can't do any damage.

Videa
01-19-2013, 05:31 AM
you guys are overpowered in Pvp, enough said, close thread!

abekrivy
01-19-2013, 09:21 AM
You must be a rogue...

I've no interest in PVP and am getting tired of being ditched by rogues & sorcs just because I'm a warrior.

Wizard_Mike
01-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Yeah, because PvP is the only thing in this game! When they added CTF, they deleted everything else!

Wizard_Mike
01-19-2013, 11:11 AM
IMO CTF is way unbalanced, warriors health can easily stall plus their heal shield thing is unfair, one aimed shot from rouge to mage= dead, mages are just are useless in CTF. Well at least this is only beta. :D

Maybe post that in the official PvP balance thread of the PvP forums, since this thread is about warrior performance in PvE?

nicoB
01-20-2013, 01:17 PM
I never do elite runs without a warrior, its way to hard and i have to use too many stims. the only exception is elite jarl and i still have to use a lot of stims. i love having a warrior by my side i leave a map if theres no warrior to fight with :) (I'm a rogue)

Bmwmsix
01-26-2015, 09:47 AM
Not a single Developers word here or any suggestions....

Yumisa
02-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Its true that pve wise warriors are considered a ''burden'' to the pt for planar arena..Dunno about tombs though. Burden= when something is slowing you down, instead of being not useful warriors can be considered to be worst then when they are not there. Because the runs are slower then if you invite a mage and/or a rogue and the tankiness warriors have has not been made useful for end game elite maps.

Juqt my opinion, Im not even a warrior yet i support these kind of threads...I think thats a sign that they really need some sort of update

Serancha
02-01-2015, 06:35 PM
This thread is 2 years old, just sayin'

bustaflex
02-05-2015, 10:02 PM
I think warriors should have the hardest single hits in the game. They swing the slowest and have to be very close range they dont have crazy crit either but i think they should be able to dish out damage